X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.13 - CNN is still Fake News

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    You're pining for Paul Ryan, aren't you?
    No, by the time it happens Pelosi will be in charge.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      Yeah but the courtroom they were tried in had a flag with gold fringe, which makes it an admiralty court
      My god this is brilliant.

I had a co-worker who believed all the "you don't have to pay taxes" garbage. Senior systems integration engineer with a degree from Virginia Tech, self-employed, pulled down a cool $200K plus a year back in 2004 so by no means a numbnuts. But he would make arguments just like that. He had citations going back to common law and the rights of parliaments bounded by the distance a horse rider could travel in a week. He had binders full of that stuff.

I haven't heard from him for a while. I'm sure he's just off the grid.

The best thing about this guy is we had another co-worker who was a hardcore black Baptist theocon. The real deal too -- used to be a Bronx drug-selling hip hop DJ, found The King, went to MIT and became a software developer.

Our lunch discussions were. Interesting?

Anyway, whenever the first guy would leave the table the theocon would look at me, make the cuckoo symbol with his finger, and we'd talk about how bizarre all the sovereign citizen stuff was. Then when he'd leave the table the first guy would look at me, do the same thing, and we'd talk about how psycho the Thumpers were.

They both voted straight ticket GOP all through the Dubya years.

So to Karl Rove, the man who somehow cobbled together those two guys as a stable coalition, I raise a glass and salute. You may be a sociopath, but for a brief shining moment you were the Poet Laureate of sociopaths.
      Last edited by Kepler; 07-13-2017, 11:37 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        Nice to see Rex Drillerson is using gmail and has foreign phone number
        How can someone actually fall for this? I mean someone must fall for these, as they continue to go through the trouble of doing it, but who can be that dumb?
        I'm sure Trumpy put him up to it.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          No, by the time it happens Pelosi will be in charge.
          There's no way impeachment will ever result in a change of parties in the White House. If the Veep goes first the Prez will appoint another one. If the Prez goes first the Veep will immeidately appoint another Veep as his first act as Prez. And in all seriousness it never should. That would be contrary to the will of the people even in a situation like this one where the election was probably stolen.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            My god this is brilliant.

I had a co-worker who believed all the "you don't have to pay taxes" garbage. Senior systems integration engineer with a degree from Virginia Tech, self-employed, pulled down a cool $200K plus a year back in 2004 so by no means a numbnuts. But he would make arguments just like that. He had citations going back to common law and the rights of parliaments bounded by the distance a horse rider could travel in a week. He had binders full of that stuff.

I haven't heard from him for a while. I'm sure he's just off the grid.
            Of course he shouldn't have to pay taxes. The government never helped him out, what with his state-school education and his defense-contracting job! But when he does it it's bootstraps!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

There's no way impeachment will ever result in a change of parties in the White House. If the Veep goes first the Prez will appoint another one. If the Prez goes first the Veep will immeidately appoint another Veep as his first act as Prez. And in all seriousness it never should. That would be contrary to the will of the people even in a situation like this one where the election was probably stolen.
              It would take someone blowing up the White House while both the POTUS and VPOTUS are present for this to ever really happen. Or a highly coordinated, multi-pronged effort. Either way, the nation would be in a whole heap of trouble if it were to occur and worries about party lines would have to be put to the back of our minds for at least a short while.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

I had a co-worker who believed all the "you don't have to pay taxes" garbage. Senior systems integration engineer with a degree from Virginia Tech, self-employed, pulled down a cool $200K plus a year back in 2004 so by no means a numbnuts. But he would make arguments just like that. He had citations going back to common law and the rights of parliaments bounded by the distance a horse rider could travel in a week. He had binders full of that stuff
                I think I've worked with this guy, does he also believe you only have to pull over for ambulances if they are a government run department? No joke I worked with a retired Army Colonel who was part owner of what is now a mid size DoD contractor that refused to pull over for ambulances because they are run by a private company here. He also was deep into birtherism and plenty whacky across the board, but that was the first and only time I've heard that one.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  He wasn't, necessarily. The American system of politics was. Super basic layout:
                  1. Obama gets elected, most are all happy (out with W!)
                  2. As Obama's run is ending, Putin takes Crimea
                  3. The "depolorables" are getting riled up
                  4. Here comes Trump, making a run
                  5. Putin sees an opportunity
                  6. Influences enough to get Trump elected
                  7. American system of politics is in chaos right now, as Putin wants it

Trump is not the last piece to be moved, I guarantee it. Putin is still thinking a couple years ahead.......
                  Doesn't one of the options have to be put it in a box? and you aren't supposed to think ahead. Back to the indoctrination camps for you

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Why, it's as if Putin was taught how to play the long game thanks to his KGB experience.

you too!

IMO the best way to handle guns is to devolve it to the state level or even lower. Simply put, guns make perfect sense in the country and are rockhead stupid in the city. 98% of the controversy about guns stems from that simple dichotomy. So let local authorities set law. Conservatives are supposed to be all about devolving government to as close to the people as possible.
                  Except what happens in the State next to you can make a difference. Like Acid rain that comes from the coal but causes effects in the East while basically not landing on the polluters.
                  Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  You don't know? That's America First policy. It's black and white.
                  FYP

I strongly agree with this, and respect states that have what I would consider insane gun laws like MA, CT, NY, and CA. They should be allowed to manage their affairs as they see fit. I think there should be some sort of federal law that protects people who unwittingly break laws in other states, but it's obviously a tricky proposition.
                  I live in MA and have no prob with the laws. Hasn't stopped a single person I know from obtaining one.

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                  yet more and more people are convinced they NEED a gun for personal protection and they need to be able to carry one with them at all times.
                  Brilliant marketing scheme.
                  And that has been a marketing miracle.

The NRA actually has a big problem now: the Scary Negro isn't in the WH anymore. I would look for a lot of ginned up "controversies" and "threats" to keep the meatheads running back to the armory feeding trough.

I truly hope that the people making the most money off those dopes, the 1%ers who own the gun companies, are liberals. That would make the joke complete.
                  Nope- now the lefty media is inciting the lefties to revolt so the righty nutbags have to be prepared (read any comments section on an Ann Coulter Tweet)

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Nope- now the lefty media is inciting the lefties to revolt so the righty nutbags have to be prepared (read any comments section on an Ann Coulter Tweet)
                    Ah. That makes sense.
                    Cornell University

Comment

If both Trump and Pence go down, and if it happens after the house flipped, thats the will of the people because they put the Democrats in the majority of the house.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                        If both Trump and Pence go down, and if it happens after the house flipped, thats the will of the people because they put the Democrats in the majority of the house.
                        If the GOP can steal a SCOTUS seat, I see no reason the presidency couldn't change hands through similar legislative action.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          If the GOP can steal a SCOTUS seat, I see no reason the presidency couldn't change hands through similar legislative action.
                          This.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            Yeah but the courtroom they were tried in had a flag with gold fringe, which makes it an admiralty court, which means its laws didn't apply to them. For more information, visit any site Flaggy posts on here.
                            That is like the stop sign I saw today...I didnt have to stop cause it had a white border
                            Last edited by Handyman; 07-13-2017, 12:35 PM.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Doesn't one of the options have to be put it in a box? and you aren't supposed to think ahead. Back to the indoctrination camps for you

you too!

Except what happens in the State next to you can make a difference. Like Acid rain that comes from the coal but causes effects in the East while basically not landing on the polluters.
                              FYP

I live in MA and have no prob with the laws. Hasn't stopped a single person I know from obtaining one.

Brilliant marketing scheme.
                              Sorry for not deleting everything not related to my post, on my phone.

I live in MA as well and you're right that getting a permit isn't a big deal. I'll be honest that I really have no idea how it is constitutional that they can charge to exercise one's constitutional right, but that's beside the point. The tricky thing with mass gun laws is that there are a lot of nuances where one can get jammed up, especially if you're from out of state. There are a lot of gray areas as far as what is legal and not legal and various parties have different interpretations of them. For example, I have a high capactity license but clips manufactured after Brady sunset are still illegal. If me or anyone else is ever caught they could get a year plus in jail, just because of when they were manufactured.
                              Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                              Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Sorry for not deleting everything not related to my post, on my phone.

I live in MA as well and you're right that getting a permit isn't a big deal. I'll be honest that I really have no idea how it is constitutional that they can charge to exercise one's constitutional right, but that's beside the point.
                                Simple. You have the right to bear arms. Whether you choose to pay the cost to do so or not is up to you.

Choice. Freedoms. Just like GOP healthcare.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X