Illinois is broke(n) ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    The same people running the country run the pensions and salaries. They artificially inflate your pension during negotiations to artificially deflate your salary so then they can say the pension is bankrupt later on.

Always get the money you deserve up front. Never trust retirement plans, or pension plans, or any of that crap. They're lying and the actuaries always **** up the math.
    Just ask Mario
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Re: Illinois is broke(n) ...

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      Just ask Mario
      I'll say.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

We have officially gone without a budget for the third straight year. There will be no 11th hour deal either.
        http://abc7chicago.com/politics/no-b...urday/2167095/
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          We have officially gone without a budget for the third straight year. There will be no 11th hour deal either.
          http://abc7chicago.com/politics/no-b...urday/2167095/
          Lock em up, remove the roof and bread and water.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            Lock em up, remove the roof and bread and water.
            Or create a second IL government at whatever's their equivalent of Avignon. Joliet? ("captivity," nyuk, nyuk; plus: French)
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The legislature met yesterday and today. Going into today's session, there was actual optimism shared on both sides of the aisle that they would reach some agreement. The proposed bill, which had increases Dems wanted and cuts Repubs wanted, were supposedly included (both sides said that the proposed bill was built on the Republican plan, with the Dem tax increases inserted in and less cuts than the straight Repub plan.

Then, Madigan pulled a fast one and submitted a brand new 600+ page budget for a vote this afternoon that neither party had a chance to read.

This isn't Dems versus Republicans. This is a biggest dick measuring contest between Madigan and Rauner.

Also, I have been officially told to "take my paid time-off," and if the budget continues to drag on my company will "evaluate the dozen of us affected."

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Or create a second IL government at whatever's their equivalent of Avignon. Joliet? ("captivity," nyuk, nyuk; plus: French)
                Anti governor? Anti legislature?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

They're back discussing. Test vote is close, but Leader Durkin (R) walks out on vote claiming it isn't tough enough. Won't say what fellow R's will do.

Third vote falls six votes short of being passed.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sorry, it was the second vote that fell short.

Illinois House debated more and passed the third vote 81-43 (eight yes votes more than was expected, and the minimum was 71 needed).

Senate takes up the bill tomorrow.

Rauner already stated he'll veto the bill.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Sorry, it was the second vote that fell short.

Illinois House debated more and passed the third vote 81-43 (eight yes votes more than was expected, and the minimum was 71 needed).

Senate takes up the bill tomorrow.

Rauner already stated he'll veto the bill.
                      Do they have an override function or is this just more gamesmanship?
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        Do they have an override function or is this just more gamesmanship?
                        Yes to the gamesmanship, but there is an override feature to Illinois legislature. It requires 3/5th majority on the second go around in both House and Senate to override the Governor's veto. 36/59 Senators, 71/118

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...702-story.html

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Rauner vetoed, Senate voted to override

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Ill...432490813.html

What's the next step?
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Rauner vetoed, Senate voted to override

http://www.wndu.com/content/news/Ill...432490813.html

What's the next step?
                            The House has to vote on it next and get the same >=72 votes to override Rauner. Because of the 4th of July, they say the vote will take place Thursday.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

The House has to vote on it next and get the same >=72 votes to override Rauner. Because of the 4th of July, they say the vote will take place Thursday.
                              Do they have the votes?
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Even if the budget passes, it sounds like Illinois is heading for Junk bond status.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/07/05/inve...eal/index.html
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X