Illinois is broke(n) ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois is broke(n) ...

One Chicago Trib writer is saying "dissolve Illinois".

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...20-column.html

But seriously, would Wisconsin want to absorb Chicagoland? Would anyone?

I could see Missouri pulling in the southern end of the state, but ... Chicagoland ... < cringe >
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-22-2017, 01:04 PM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Re: Illinois is broke(n) ...

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    One Chicago Times writer is saying "dissolve Illinois".

I could see Missouri pulling in the southern end of the state, but ... Chicagoland ... < cringe >
    The NCAA agrees since the name of the state is "Hostile and Abusive"
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

Illini is fine per the NCAA.
      It's because it's what you call someone from Illinois.

The fact that Illinois is named for the Illini Confederation of Tribes escapes the NCAA.

#NCAAlogic
      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I attended an event recently where I was told that the State of Illinois is late or not paying its power bill to some of the rural electric cooperatives (RECs) in the southern end of the State.

A couple of those RECs have quite literally put the State on collection and disconnected them!

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

city of chicago schools just borrowed a hundred million from the teachers pension fund a little while ago. suckas!!!
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            city of chicago schools just borrowed a hundred million from the teachers pension fund a little while ago. suckas!!!
            I believe Chicago Schools had to borrow a big number ($275M?) on the commercial market at 6% (which is interest rate larceny) just to cover expenses to the end of this school year.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Correct and correct. I posted some links in the States thread.

My job is at risk due to the impending government shutdown threatened to start midnight July 1st.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

No surrounding state would want to absorb that.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  Correct and correct. I posted some links in the States thread.
                  http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6501996

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6502636

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6502650

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...=1#post6502690

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

So, gridlock between parties, big egos and win at any cost mindsets, and no real budget since ... when?

I've heard that scenario somewhere else, ... but east of Illinois ... like between MD and VA. Awesome.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I've heard that scenario somewhere else, ... but east of Illinois ... like between MD and VA. Awesome.
                      The old saying used to be "As Detroit goes, so goes the nation." As industry moved to Chicagoland, so did the bellwether.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

From the Sun-Times:
                        http://chicago.suntimes.com/politics...d-junk-status/
                        Illinois is one week away from going where no state has ever gone — into the ignominy of “junk bond” status.

Unless Gov. Bruce Rauner and the General Assembly put a budget in place by June 30, and a properly balanced budget to boot, Wall Street ratings agencies are expected to rapidly downgrade the state’s credit to junk territory.

That distinction will cost everyone from Zion to Cairo, although, if coupled with another failure to fix how we fund education, the negative fallout will likely be felt nowhere more than in Chicago, with our already financially teetering school system.

With junk-rated Chicago Public Schools now paying the state’s legal maximum of 9 percent interest on a portion of the borrowing it has relied on to keep the doors open, the school system’s options for further fiscal juggling keep shrinking.
                        Sadly, that’s always been what this fight was about: whether Rauner could leverage the worsening financial problems of the city’s schools to win political concessions from the Democrats who control the Legislature before the state’s own problems caught up with him.

The resulting impasse has wreaked havoc on the state’s universities and social service delivery system. But, as bad as things have been, they’re on the verge of getting even worse.
                        As the state’s cash-flow difficulties become more severe, though, keeping that promise could mean a hit to other items the comptroller has treated as untouchable “core priorities,” such as the state payroll or pension contributions.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

One Chicago Trib writer is saying "dissolve Illinois".

Southern and Central Wisconsin already absorb a lot of Chicagoland.

Comment

I attended an event recently where I was told that the State of Illinois is late or not paying its power bill to some of the rural electric cooperatives (RECs) in the southern end of the State.

A couple of those RECs have quite literally put the State on collection and disconnected them!
                            Also to add to similar stories, one DMV office in the suburbs was evicted last year due to non-payment. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2016/03/...stern-suburbs/

This was following an attempted eviction two years prior of a DMV office in Belvidere, IL due to non-payment.
                            http://www.wifr.com/home/headlines/B...269117731.html

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Subscribed because the system is broke(n)
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                              X