Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Business, Economics & Tax Policy 5.0: Can a blind nut find a squirrel?

okay, so we've established most of the GOP is okay with adding at least another trillion dollars to our national debt over the next 10 years to give a tax cut to rich people.

Assuming we are okay with borrowing a trillion dollars, what would it do for humanity of we spent that on cancer research instead?

What would it do for the economy and the middle class if we spent it on infrastructure?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      If a bill passes without one vote from the minority party, is it a good bill?
      What's so silly about this "argument" is that when the ACA was put together, it had hours and hours and hours of hearings. Open hearings and it took many months to put that deal together. Vs. this tax bill and the R's "replacement" of the ACA- it was all closed doors, no hearings, and rushed through.

Which of those two bills had more input both from the public and research?

Yet you want to pretend that they are both equally bad thanks to just a partisan vote?

Give me a break, again. This is R's trying to rush something through to fool voters specifically like you. And it's working. Duh.

People loved to give the ACA a hard time because it took a lot of discussion and disagreement within the Democratic party- when that really makes it richer and more robust. In theory, the R's tax bill and healthcare bill *could* be considered similarly, except it's being rushed through instead of thoughtfully considered and calculated. R's want to run in lock step, D's want to make sure it works for the most amount of people. BIG difference.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
        okay, so we've established most of the GOP is okay with adding at least another trillion dollars to our national debt over the next 10 years to give a tax cut to rich people.

Assuming we are okay with borrowing a trillion dollars, what would it do for humanity of we spent that on cancer research instead?

What would it do for the economy and the middle class if we spent it on infrastructure?
        Well, it would put the money into hands of people who would actually spend a majority of the money. That's one HUGE thing. For both cancer research and especially for infrastructure. The latter was one of the key ways President Obama made sure that the recession wasn't as bad as it could be- instead of tax cuts, it directly gave jobs to people who would spend that money. THAT is good for the economy.

edit- and that ignores the actual benefit of an improved infrastructure and any advancements made on cancer treatments. That becomes a bonus to the overall economic benefit.
        Last edited by alfablue; 12-01-2017, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post

I already suggested that. Probably another thread. Remember, the Government cannot do what the Private Sector can. Example, Maximize profits on the Epi-Pen product.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            If you're referring to Obamacare, Obamacare is so good that I am morally repugnant for suggesting that it should have been abolished earlier this year.
            :facepalm:

Comment

hm, senate.gov seems to have crashed. I’m sure it illustrates some important metaphor.
              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by geezer View Post
                hm, senate.gov seems to have crashed. I’m sure it illustrates some important metaphor.
                Denial of Service.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Denial of Service.
                  VERY nice. Slow clap.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    VERY nice. Slow clap.
                    C'mon. Can't you at least try the veal?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

https://mises.org/wire/minimum-wage-...e-many-victims

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        From an open letter to Collins. Circulating everywhere.

Today is the day the middle class, and with it democracy, lives or dies. This is the most important day since August 4, 1981, when Reagan cut the heart out of the Middle Class. We must not let this happen again.

Today is 9/11 for tax policy and Pearl Harbor for democratic institutions. We cannot let this happen.
                        There are potential landmines during the reconciliation process even if it passes today, no?

Comment

Oh look the Koch brothers funded another "study" and Fraudbot posted about it.

Comment

Andy slavitt just tweeted that McConnell now has support from all but corker

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                              Oh look the Koch brothers funded another "study" and Fraudbot posted about it.
                              By far the best part. The author note at the bottom:

Aayush Priyank is a 17-year-old high-school student living in India.
                              Contact Aayush Priyank

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                By far the best part. The author note at the bottom:

Yeah I edited my post to put "study" in quotes and that doesn't even do justice to it. It's basically just an article saying "hey guyz just take my word for it, I got paid money to write this!". Also nice gif

Comment

Working...
                                X