X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    You can't kill it with herbicides? This summer has been brutal on my yard. It rained all of april and may and then hasn't really rained since. My irrigation system is the only thing keeping it remotely green.

I have to spray it with herbicide about once a month as well, just to clear the stupid broadleaf garbage (the field violets, various garbage grasses, and the bamboo that some wretched ****bag introduced many years ago). This weekend I'm going to put down some weed n feed, as I sprayed last week and don't need to do that again. It's so frustrating because I actually sprayed a pre-emergent this spring (some expensive one that everyone says is the best).
    Just what we need, more Roundup spread around so we can have 100% of the folks in the US with traces of Round up in their urine instead of just 80%

Leave a comment:

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Depends on Minnesota's law. In Iowa you wouldn't have to because normal gardening activities are exempt. But that's not true everywhere.

It's a free service, though, so if in doubt it's never a bad idea to call.
    That's how the Utility Marking stuff works here in the Chicago area... It's no cost and they openly push you to call any time you dig.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    ****ing quack grass. I don’t want to use round up so I need to dig it all out. 12 inches out from any, and six inches deep needs to be removed.

I don’t need to call 811 for that depth, do I? What would be buried less than 6 inches? Cable and telecom are above ground because that’s just the dumb ****ing way this part of Edina is
    Depends on Minnesota's law. In Iowa you wouldn't have to because normal gardening activities are exempt. But that's not true everywhere.

It's a free service, though, so if in doubt it's never a bad idea to call.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Quack grass, like DGF Said, is almost impossible to get rid of short of scorched earth or roundup.

We've been thinking of doing more and more clover and landscaping as certain patches of grass die. I've had to water maybe twice this year. Backyard just once.
    Honestly I may have left this to grow if it was clover or something that looked ok. Quack grass sucks. So, can expand a garden by digging this **** out and heading to Gertens

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

No. But I’m not replacing it with grass. Gonna plant some native pollinators. Good excuse to get rid of grass
    Also, Edina can't ***** about it. :^)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X