This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

It’s good you treated for the grubs before the problem evolved to moles. Moles love eating grubs.
    Circle of life.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It’s good you treated for the grubs before the problem evolved to moles. Moles love eating grubs.
      The squirrels have done just fine with it. It's enraging but adorable to watch them dive head first into a tiny divot, then root around under the turf, then pull up a grub, sit on their fat squirrel butt and eat the morsel.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Worse yet, grubs attract skunks and they will destroy a lawn in short order.
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The squirrels have done just fine with it. It's enraging but adorable to watch them dive head first into a tiny divot, then root around under the turf, then pull up a grub, sit on their fat squirrel butt and eat the morsel.
          Squirrels are the most entertaining animals in the backyard.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Fade, this video made me think of you and your neighbor…lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasana...tm_name=iossmf

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Fade, this video made me think of you and your neighbor…lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasana...tm_name=iossmf
              LMAO, he even looks a bit like me.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

LMAO, he even looks a bit like me.
                He being “Diane”?

Comment

• After many delays a few items finally completed on the updates we are doing to the new house.

- Tile floor is in for the main room and hallways.
                  - Granite countertops installed.
                  - Washer/Dryer and Fridge all delivered and setup.
                  - Security system installed
                  - Cat6 (ethernet) installed in walls, and central box setup.

A lot left to do however. :-(
                  Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-20-2022, 11:13 AM.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

He being “Diane”?
                    Haha, oops. I was on a plane at the time and couldn't use sound. Honestly, I think my neighbor is more of the Midwest passive-aggressive type.

Comment

• Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      After many delays a few items finally completed on the updates we are doing to the new house.

- Tile floor is in for the main room and hallways.
                      - Granite countertops installed.
                      - Washer/Dryer and Fridge all delivered and setup.
                      - Security system installed
                      - Cat6 (ethernet) installed in walls, and central box setup.

A lot left to do however. :-(
                      WOW love it. Nice job on the ethernet. Managed or unmanaged?
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Which reminds me. THe last two weeks have been a nightmare for our network. Every hour the network drops. I spent a couple evenings tracking down the root cause before I called comcast (I don't want to have to waste time with L1 and L2 only to have them send someone out and charge me $150). It was clearly a communication issue between my newish Netgear router and the Comcast DHCP or my modem. The router was dropping the lease from the WAN despite it having a 24-hour expiration. Bizarre.

So rebuilt the router twice from scratch. Factory reset the modem. Swapped out the modem with a spare I had sitting around. Factory reset it. Activated it with Comcast (wasn't very clear how to do that). Still every hour. Just banging my head against the way because nothing was obvious. Started to see similar issues on Reddit come up over the last couple years as Comcast swapped over to IPv6. Apparently Netgear has some bizarre stances that no one else in industry does. ANyways, I thought for sure that had to be it. I tried everything else. Crash course in IPv6, got the router setup for it, devices seemed to be getting v6 addresses, and finally went out to do a IPv6 test and it failed. But what caught my eye was my IPv4 address wasn't in the subnet from my modem....

It immediately hit me I had my security system router between the modem and what I considered my primary router. It's always been a passthrough basically. Never had any issues with it. Barely remember it exists. Went to the security system panel and sure enough, same subnet as the router. Felt very dumb. Pulled the security router out and put the primary router after the modem and it's been rock solid all day.

Glad I got it solved but now all of my wiring and switches are a mess. And I'm not sure if I can get the security system router to work behind my router. So that will need to be a call to comcast I'm sure. Anyways, I think I'm going to pick up a good managed switch to consolidate everything instead of running old routers as unmanaged switches in different rooms. I know they're expensive, but this network is only going to get more congested as we add more IoT and other crap. Then I don't have to have a delicate house of cards to sort through when it all goes wrong.

The other thing that struck me is that if this had happened to my mom or anyone who doesn't have at least a working understanding of how this all works, they'd have been told to buy a comcast modem, comcast router, and probably had at least two visits from Comcast and spending hundreds if not thousands of dollars trying to fix.
                        Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

WOW love it. Nice job on the ethernet. Managed or unmanaged?
                          It's currently set up as unmanaged switch. I can use my Google Home to manage traffic.
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

It's currently set up as unmanaged switch. I can use my Google Home to manage traffic.
                            No issues with broadcast storm?
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

No issues with broadcast storm?
                              Nah. 90% of traffic is Wi-fi, despite having the wired option. I can always manage it if I get a clog.

I mean, it could happen. But seems a lot less likely.
                              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance

Comment

Nah. 90% of traffic is Wi-fi, despite having the wired option. I can always manage it if I get a clog.

I mean, it could happen. But seems a lot less likely.
                                INteresting. We're not a google house since we've standardized on iPhones. But something to consider in the future perhaps.

Do you have a lot of IoT?
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X