• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draaaaaaaainage, eli!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

City of Edina engineer told me to pound sand just now. They have no code or obligation to improve anything- they just can’t make someone more harmed than before. She said overall they deem me less harmed than before the house was built, so they cannot and will not ask my neighbor to move the discharge, even though she admitted that the water sitting there will cause damage
      public officials typically will not touch a case if there is a civil remedy. They turtle like a gopher hockey player.

Comment

City of Edina engineer told me to pound sand just now.
        Wouldn't that be pound cake?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

New house went up door. They had to build a swale between our driveways for drainage.

city engineer told landscaper to have swale dump the water on my property so it literally dumps water onto the crack where the apron from street meets driveway. I tried to have my driveway seal coated yesterday and they couldn’t finish since the swale dumped water on my driveway.

im not pleased . They put in irrigation system so there now will be water being dumped on my driveway every day
          City won't do sh-t, they don't want to get between every pair of citizens who are having ahem disagreements < Rand Paul has exited the chat >.

It's sue or charm your neighbor or eat it.
          Last edited by Kepler; 09-01-2022, 12:57 PM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Yeah, if this is causing you damage, start documenting immediately and talk to a lawyer.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I went to the city because they have to sign off on drainage plan for owners to get occupancy certificate. I thought perhaps it hadn’t been signed off yet

the fact the city of Edina is being sued right now by multiple people due to drainage issues on new build McMansions is just a fun side note

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

City won't do sh-t, they don't want to get between every pair of citizens who are having ahem disagreements < Rand Paul has exited the chat >.

You just can't change the flow of water or at least you can't in Maine
                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

You just can't change the flow of water or at least you can't in Maine
                  Pretty sure that's the case in MN too. Or at least it's what my dad said when he and I last talked about this stuff last year.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Tell that to my neighbor who thinks I killed his bushes by overusing herbicide. Even made the cops follow up to see if I'd done it intentionally (I could tell they were annoyed he even called). Got a letter from code enforcement last week, citing some bylaw I can't even find in the online record book, indicating I'd have to pay for replacement. All I used was a little household vinegar, nowhere near our shared fenceline, and I can say with 100% certainty it had no impact on his burned up cedar bushes. He just didn't water them enough in this year's heat.

I sent an email a week ago telling them, politely, to get ****ed. Thus far no response, which has made my fiance suspicious that he had his friend in code enforcement do it as a favor to try and intimidate me into paying.
                    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 09-02-2022, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Pretty sure that's the case in MN too. Or at least it's what my dad said when he and I last talked about this stuff last year.
                      On every highway project I've been on, water from our ROW cannot just be evacuated onto someone's property. We've had to go back and field correct drainage issues to contain water and have it discharge elsewhere onto the ROW.

As for DGF, the neighbor and city should have had that water discharge to a storm structure within that property (if there is one) or out to the street/gutter.

DGF may need to document, document, document, and lawyer up.

Alternate recourse, build a swale on your property to divert the water further...
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• They claim that because of the grade there was no way to get it to discharge on their property and it would hit the curb if it went straight out to street

again, city says overall less water is hitting my property than before the house was built so they don’t care at all

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Tell that to my neighbor who thinks I killed his bushes by overusing herbicide. Even made the cops follow up to see if I'd done it intentionally (I could tell they were annoyed he even called). Got a letter from code enforcement last week, citing some bylaw I can't even find in the online record book, indicating I'd have to pay for replacement. All I used was a little household vinegar, nowhere near our shared fenceline, and I can say with 100% certainty it had no impact on his burned up cedar bushes. He just didn't water them enough in this year's heat.

I sent an email a week ago telling them, politely, to get ****ed. Thus far no response, which has made my fiance suspicious that he had his friend in code enforcement do it as a favor to try and intimidate me into paying.
                          Follow-up: Tonight, we were in our backyard and noticed there's a new camera attached to the back of his garage, at precisely the height needed to see over the fence, so he can record what we're doing back there. What a dick.

My response to that is going to be to let the whole garden go for the rest of the season. I won't even pull anything by hand. If he tries to file a complaint about the amount or height of the remaining weeds ruining his precious skyline (as he did last year, a month after we moved in), I will take it to city hall and ask for an arbitration hearing with a neutral party. I am not doing anything else back there without going through official channels and having everything planned, documented, and agreed upon first. Also, if he sends me a bill for his bushes, I am not paying sh*t. He can take me to small claims court and I will ask him to produce his water bills.

Comment

Follow-up: Tonight, we were in our backyard and noticed there's a new camera attached to the back of his garage, at precisely the height needed to see over the fence, so he can record what we're doing back there. What a dick.

My response to that is going to be to let the whole garden go for the rest of the season. I won't even pull anything by hand. If he tries to file a complaint about the amount or height of the remaining weeds ruining his precious skyline (as he did last year, a month after we moved in), I will take it to city hall and ask for an arbitration hearing with a neutral party. I am not doing anything else back there without going through official channels and having everything planned, documented, and agreed upon first. Also, if he sends me a bill for his bushes, I am not paying sh*t. He can take me to small claims court and I will ask him to produce his water bills.
                            Fun fact. For $20 you can find out yourself if you have radio water meters. Let me know if want to know how
                            Code:

Comment

• There's now a sign "Smile You're On Camera". I'm not sure if there's anything we can do, but the intent is now clear and I think I'm going to file a complaint with the police. While he has a right to monitor his property, I don't think he can install a 24/7 camera intended solely to capture our activity in our yard.

Comment

There's now a sign "Smile You're On Camera". I'm not sure if there's anything we can do, but the intent is now clear and I think I'm going to file a complaint with the police. While he has a right to monitor his property, I don't think he can install a 24/7 camera intended solely to capture our activity in our yard.
                                Does your city have their ordinances posted? Searchable? They might mention this.

At least gives you a starting point to talk it over with the cops and/or city.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X