This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    This question does not fit this thread exactly, but here goes.

My laptop curser is misbehaving, both with the touchscreen and bluetooth mouse. burd is confused and thinking more and more about kicking the dog. This dog would kick my arse if I tried that, so help a guy out.
    How full is your hard drive? If it’s ~90% filled, then you start seeing some bad behavior. Just adding to the list to check.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Well foamed the coils and they were a "tad" dirty. When I rinsed them with water, the runoff was just a bit brown.

Will do another in the fall which will include a vacuum of the inside (it felt like 100+ outside today) when things get cooler.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• ****ing quack grass. I don’t want to use round up so I need to dig it all out. 12 inches out from any, and six inches deep needs to be removed.

I don’t need to call 811 for that depth, do I? What would be buried less than 6 inches? Cable and telecom are above ground because that’s just the dumb ****ing way this part of Edina is

Comment

• > quack grass

TIL. Apparently you can eat it during famine, so let it grow. Lawns are so Boomer.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            ****ing quack grass. I don’t want to use round up so I need to dig it all out. 12 inches out from any, and six inches deep needs to be removed.

I don’t need to call 811 for that depth, do I? What would be buried less than 6 inches? Cable and telecom are above ground because that’s just the dumb ****ing way this part of Edina is
            If it your wired services - electric, etc. are all coming in from a pole, then you just have water and gas. Those should both be about 18” below ground when initial rough grade of your lot was set. Final grade would adjust both of those by a few inches either way, so a 6” dig should be safe. That said, look at where your gas meter is, and assume a relatively straight line to the street. You’d have to do a similar process for water and sewer, but trace them from their entry/exit to/from your house within your basement.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Lawns are so Boomer.
              While desert sand and rocks are biblical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                > quack grass

TIL. Apparently you can eat it during famine, so let it grow. Lawns are so Boomer.
                No. But I’m not replacing it with grass. Gonna plant some native pollinators. Good excuse to get rid of grass

Comment

• You can't kill it with herbicides? This summer has been brutal on my yard. It rained all of april and may and then hasn't really rained since. My irrigation system is the only thing keeping it remotely green.

I have to spray it with herbicide about once a month as well, just to clear the stupid broadleaf garbage (the field violets, various garbage grasses, and the bamboo that some wretched ****bag introduced many years ago). This weekend I'm going to put down some weed n feed, as I sprayed last week and don't need to do that again. It's so frustrating because I actually sprayed a pre-emergent this spring (some expensive one that everyone says is the best).
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I could use Round up. That’s it. No thanks. Broadleaf weed control won’t work

And yeah I consulted with a few experts on this.

Comment

• Quack grass, like DGF Said, is almost impossible to get rid of short of scorched earth or roundup.

We've been thinking of doing more and more clover and landscaping as certain patches of grass die. I've had to water maybe twice this year. Backyard just once.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No. But I’m not replacing it with grass. Gonna plant some native pollinators. Good excuse to get rid of grass
                        Also, Edina can't ***** about it. :^)
                        the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          Quack grass, like DGF Said, is almost impossible to get rid of short of scorched earth or roundup.

We've been thinking of doing more and more clover and landscaping as certain patches of grass die. I've had to water maybe twice this year. Backyard just once.
                          Honestly I may have left this to grow if it was clover or something that looked ok. Quack grass sucks. So, can expand a garden by digging this **** out and heading to Gertens

Comment

****ing quack grass. I don’t want to use round up so I need to dig it all out. 12 inches out from any, and six inches deep needs to be removed.

Depends on Minnesota's law. In Iowa you wouldn't have to because normal gardening activities are exempt. But that's not true everywhere.

It's a free service, though, so if in doubt it's never a bad idea to call.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Depends on Minnesota's law. In Iowa you wouldn't have to because normal gardening activities are exempt. But that's not true everywhere.

It's a free service, though, so if in doubt it's never a bad idea to call.
                              That's how the Utility Marking stuff works here in the Chicago area... It's no cost and they openly push you to call any time you dig.
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                You can't kill it with herbicides? This summer has been brutal on my yard. It rained all of april and may and then hasn't really rained since. My irrigation system is the only thing keeping it remotely green.

I have to spray it with herbicide about once a month as well, just to clear the stupid broadleaf garbage (the field violets, various garbage grasses, and the bamboo that some wretched ****bag introduced many years ago). This weekend I'm going to put down some weed n feed, as I sprayed last week and don't need to do that again. It's so frustrating because I actually sprayed a pre-emergent this spring (some expensive one that everyone says is the best).
                                Just what we need, more Roundup spread around so we can have 100% of the folks in the US with traces of Round up in their urine instead of just 80%
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X