No announcement yet.

The Home Improvement Thread. Successes and Failures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A potentially stupid question since I know next to nothing about the creation of bots, but why would it be created for a college hockey website, and does someone monitor the bot to make sure it’s even working? Or are there thousands of these things and it doesn’t matter if the majority don’t work?

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
      A potentially stupid question since I know next to nothing about the creation of bots, but why would it be created for a college hockey website, and does someone monitor the bot to make sure it’s even working? Or are there thousands of these things and it doesn’t matter if the majority don’t work?
      Right? I can't imagine we're the most profitable pickin's here.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Right? I can't imagine we're the most profitable pickin's here.
        It's probably based more on the vBulletin software used to power the forum. There's likely vulnerabilities that allow the creation/use of bots, and then any data that can be harvested is farmed.

So they're not targeting a niche college hockey forum, they're just targeting people who use vBulletin version whatever.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• That's exactly it

but usually they try to post links or sell something. This kind of stuff is just bizarre
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Look at posting history, most have a link to some product or service.
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Thanks for the insight.

Comment

• Huh
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Our house closed/sold yesterday finally. So no more home improvements for a few months, till the new house is ready.
                  PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                  Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                  NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

• So i had two garage doors replaced yesterday. They look great! However the dude smashed into the corner of a door overhang and mangle the roofing for it. It doesn't look too too bad, but I hope the company doesn't give me a hard time about repairing it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      So i had two garage doors replaced yesterday. They look great! However the dude smashed into the corner of a door overhang and mangle the roofing for it. It doesn't look too too bad, but I hope the company doesn't give me a hard time about repairing it.
                      National nightmare averted. They came by yesterday and fixed it. Phew.

Comment

• Dutch elm disease makes me angry. Three good trees, gone. Dropped all the leaves the first week of July.
                        And remember, I'm in ND, so this is where Handy quips in with a "just one tree left in the state".

I can't sell the wood as firewood either (spread the disease).
                        And I'm wide open to a SE wind blizzard now.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• My wife wants me to build a bench and storage solution for a small closet in our main entry space. I’m not looking forward to all of the non-right angles I’m about to find there.

And I came home from (ugh) Hayward, WI, to find that my dishwasher isn’t draining. I just tore that thing apart after attending YouTube U for dishwashers, and my findings have now made me newly dedicated to running a monthly dishwasher cleaning solution.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            My wife wants me to build a bench and storage solution for a small closet in our main entry space. I’m not looking forward to all of the non-right angles I’m about to find there.

And I came home from (ugh) Hayward, WI, to find that my dishwasher isn’t draining. I just tore that thing apart after attending YouTube U for dishwashers, and my findings have now made me newly dedicated to running a monthly dishwasher cleaning solution.
                            I feel that. My house built in 1928 and there's nary a right angle to be found.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I feel that. My house built in 1928 and there's nary a right angle to be found.
                              There are no right angles in any house in New England built before about 1990. Until 1960 it was the tech; after it was the corruption.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

There are no right angles in any house in New England built before about 1990. Until 1960 it was the tech; after it was the corruption.
                                Well, plus the century of settling and wood expanding and shrinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X