X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Yes, the contractor will cover that.
    Make sure thats in the contract and withhold money until it passes inspection.
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

Can I ask what your background is? You're super knowledgeable about home and repairs. You know your way around contracts too.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post

It is. The contract was laid out line by line, and I had to initial them.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Can I ask what your background is? You're super knowledgeable about home and repairs. You know your way around contracts too.
          I've been in and around the construction business most of my adult life. Mostly small commercial stuff and my business is electrical contracting. I've seen hundreds of yards of concrete placed and I can tell you that concrete poured on lousy soils, improper compaction etc will lead to failure every time. I added my 2 cents to Clowns issue because what he has going on ain't no joke. I hope he can get it fixed correctly for a reasonable price. My Dad picked where my house is built, Professor of Plant and Soils Sciences .
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Cool. Thanks for sharing.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• We decided to install an in-line water filter system at home? Any advices?
              Also if you have a reliable plumber, please let me know. So far these guys seem to have good reputation. Did someone work with the m in the past?
              Last edited by alicestevens; 03-11-2022, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by alicestevens View Post
                We decided to install an in-line water filter system at home? Any advices?
                Who is your favorite college hockey team?
                Code:

Comment

• Bought an Ecobee today from Xcel. They were on deep discount (seemingly) and I've been wanting to get one for a while. Should be able to get another discount if I sign up for one of the two energy programs. I'm guessing electricity and gas are going to be effing expensive for the next 12-24 months so probably a good thing to look at.
                  Code:

Comment

• I love my Nest. Keep house around 65 all winter. That and adding insulation has been key

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      I love my Nest. Keep house around 65 all winter. That and adding insulation has been key
                      Was thinking about this too. My house used to be insanely energy efficient, even without the massive tree growth I've had over the last decade. 100 degree day, the temp never got about like 76. Now, not so much. Which is why I'd like to look at a couple things. Energy audit (walls, ceilings, and attic), add insulation to the attic. I'll also be looking to replace the hot water heater, but not sure that's going to save much.

Not sure what else I can do.
                      Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Was thinking about this too. My house used to be insanely energy efficient, even without the massive tree growth I've had over the last decade. 100 degree day, the temp never got about like 76. Now, not so much. Which is why I'd like to look at a couple things. Energy audit (walls, ceilings, and attic), add insulation to the attic. I'll also be looking to replace the hot water heater, but not sure that's going to save much.

Not sure what else I can do.
                        I used home energy squad in both homes I’ve owned. Really helpful. They told me to recondition my original windows vs replacing which made me happy. The ROI is tough with how much windows cost and so much of my leakage was fixed when I added insulation and sealed stuff up

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I used home energy squad in both homes I’ve owned. Really helpful. They told me to recondition my original windows vs replacing which made me happy. The ROI is tough with how much windows cost and so much of my leakage was fixed when I added insulation and sealed stuff up
                          We threw on some window plastic this year on the two oldest and it made a massive difference. Best $5 i've spent.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by alicestevens View Post
                            We decided to install an in-line water filter system at home? Any advices?
                            My dad has a gigantic water de-ionizer. It's ridiculous. His town water is a bit on the hard side but not bad, and while it improves the scaling a bit, it's expensive and requires maintenance.

The question is... why are you installing anything and what level of filtration are you looking at? If you've already decided I'm sure you've worked this out already, but if you're asking for advice, a little more info might be helpful.

(no snark here!)
                            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

My dad has a gigantic water de-ionizer. It's ridiculous. His town water is a bit on the hard side but not bad, and while it improves the scaling a bit, it's expensive and requires maintenance.

The question is... why are you installing anything and what level of filtration are you looking at? If you've already decided I'm sure you've worked this out already, but if you're asking for advice, a little more info might be helpful.

(no snark here!)
                              Gonna be hard to install if she doesn't have opposable thumbs
                              Code:

Comment

• Stop giving the AI bot a useful dataset of human conversations.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X