Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Around Plumber #3 I would have snapped.

You should flowchart this sometime as an amazing example of nested project management.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Cleared out my wife's office and painted it a shade of purple. I was very skeptical in the "I want it purple" phase through the color chipping phase, to the sample phase, to the purchasing phase.

now that we're done, I've got to say, I... don't hate it. It's kinda calming. And nice.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Does anyone have an opinion on drilling into stucco? I'm trying to mount a security camera (it's wireless, so just the mounting, no wiring or anything) and the best angles would be into the stucco. Reading stuff online makes drilling into stucco seem risky so I'm trying to figure out how much I want to get into other possible solutions.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• I wouldn't. Like, ever. Not from experience but knowing that stucco is expensive as **** to repair if you do it wrong. Worse yet, if you do it wrong and don't know, it's it-might-as-well-be-the-foundation expensive.

I would exhaust all other options first.

Ive never owned stucco and I'm not sure I ever want to. So perhaps my fear is mostly out of lack of experience with it.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Cleared out my wife's office and painted it a shade of purple. I was very skeptical in the "I want it purple" phase through the color chipping phase, to the sample phase, to the purchasing phase.

now that we're done, I've got to say, I... don't hate it. It's kinda calming. And nice.
            A full wall never looks like you think it will. Usually it's neither better nor worse but different. Sometimes it's significantly better. Sometimes...

But I have rarely had a full-on disaster, especially given the mediation of an accent wall.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So finally taking the time to fix the dishwasher. I bought a new inner door. The first one they sent me was bent on the corner and wouldn't install properly. So I called them up and they sent a new one. It took over a month to get here and was one of like three in the entire midwest. a couple weeks later, I finally have the time to fix it so I open the box* and this one is bent on the corner too. %%*{!!!!!!!!!.

Rather than try to fight for another door, I decided to just carefully bend the thing flat again as best I could. Installed fine but it became obvious this part was never going to ship safely unless I drove to the fab shop and took it off the line myself. Other areas were slightly bent and ... whatever. If it leaks I'll call them again.

anyways, the are where you take out the detergent dispenser is the most difficult and frustrating. I finally started to get the thin, but very rigid tabs aligned and suddenly the whole thing came out. Sharp pain and I'm bleeding everywhere. Deep cut on my finger about an inch long. Bad enough that we used butterfly bandages to close it. The alcohol cleanup step gave me a peek into what the parker probe goes through on its fly bys.

Alas, I got it all back together and I'm ****ing done for the rest of the day.

* I was dumb and assumed that because it was a different (but still authorized, since all of this was done through Bosch) supplier and the box looked fine, that it wouldn't be an issue. I also knew I didn't have the time to install the new door and it was "safer" in the box so I wouldn't ding it up or have to find a place to put it due to its awkward shape. I handled it like it was a fabrege egg.
              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Does anyone have an opinion on drilling into stucco? I'm trying to mount a security camera (it's wireless, so just the mounting, no wiring or anything) and the best angles would be into the stucco. Reading stuff online makes drilling into stucco seem risky so I'm trying to figure out how much I want to get into other possible solutions.
                Wont be a problem if you treat it like concrete — hammer drill with masonry bit. Unless it’s old loose stucco, you’ll be good.

Comment

• I need a new dishwasher - any recommendations? Something shorted out, appliance repair guy couldn't fix it. Said the cost to fully repair it would probably be more than the cost to get a new one. Also, as the dishwasher and garbage disposal are on the same circuit breaker, it knocked out my garbage disposal. Which caused water to back up in the sink cuz there was garbage in it that couldn't be incinerated. That water then backed up into the dishwasher. Anyway, appliance repair guy flipped the circuit breaker so now the disposal is fine but running the dishwasher is out. I'll be shopping for a new one tomorrow. I've heard KitchenAid is a good one. What do you guys recommend?

I'm now toying with a full kitchen remodel because all my appliances are cream colored and my OCD may kick in with one stainless steel appliance that doesn't match anything else in the kitchen. That could take months, though so I need to at least get the dishwasher. I'm also debating about replacing all the appliances now and think about a remodel later - get a new fridge, stove and dishwasher at the same time. I moved into this condo 16 1/2 years ago and this is the first thing that has really died on me. Everything else I've replaced has been more of a proactive thing than reactive, thinking I've been pretty lucky in that regards. I haven't touched the kitchen so maybe it's time to refresh. Plus if I ever make the decision to sell, an upgraded kitchen is a selling point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    I need a new dishwasher - any recommendations? Something shorted out, appliance repair guy couldn't fix it. Said the cost to fully repair it would probably be more than the cost to get a new one. Also, as the dishwasher and garbage disposal are on the same circuit breaker, it knocked out my garbage disposal. Which caused water to back up in the sink cuz there was garbage in it that couldn't be incinerated. That water then backed up into the dishwasher. Anyway, appliance repair guy flipped the circuit breaker so now the disposal is fine but running the dishwasher is out. I'll be shopping for a new one tomorrow. I've heard KitchenAid is a good one. What do you guys recommend?

I'm now toying with a full kitchen remodel because all my appliances are cream colored and my OCD may kick in with one stainless steel appliance that doesn't match anything else in the kitchen. That could take months, though so I need to at least get the dishwasher. I'm also debating about replacing all the appliances now and think about a remodel later - get a new fridge, stove and dishwasher at the same time. I moved into this condo 16 1/2 years ago and this is the first thing that has really died on me. Everything else I've replaced has been more of a proactive thing than reactive, thinking I've been pretty lucky in that regards. I haven't touched the kitchen so maybe it's time to refresh. Plus if I ever make the decision to sell, an upgraded kitchen is a selling point.
                    My wife got a hell of a deal on a GE dishwasher through Lowes. And they took away the old one and installed the new one. We've been pretty happy with it. We also didn't realize how noisy the old one was until we started using the new one.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• I got a new kitchen aid dishwasher a few years ago. Quieter than my old Bosch and easier to get repaired if something breaks

Comment

• Love our bosch. They're going to be hard to get right now though. Only tips I have are when you have a couple models in mind, bring your most used size of plate and bowl to the store and put them in to make sure they fit. Literally the best advice. They were NOT going to fit nicely in one of the models I was looking at and I'm extremely glad I did that. Consumer Reports has a really good rundown on what to look for as well including a breakdown of differences between US and european styles.

@DGF, Are Boschs hard to get repaired? Parts are available direct from Bosch to consumers and I can't imagine them being that difficult to find a repair person if necessary given the number of Bosch owners. Personal experience I assume?

Oh, and one thing about appliance suites. Different manufacturers have different qualities for a given appliance. Bosch is great at dishwashers but sucks at a lot of everything else. https://www.consumerreports.org/appl...le-appliances/
                        If you don't mind mixing and matching, you'll get better appliances if you go with different manufacturers. I know it might seem weird but that's how my brain works. I'd rather have the best of every offering than a matching set. YMMV and greatly so. Just something to consider.
                        Last edited by dxmnkd316; 02-04-2022, 03:08 PM.
                        Code:

Comment

• That's helpful - thanks.

ETA - Interesting to see KitchenAid's dishwasher only rated as good. Out of the 15+ people I've talked to, the majority have recommended KitchenAid and love it.
                          Last edited by Scarlet; 02-04-2022, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• I think most people love their new dishwasher because the technology has jumped so much in the last 15-20 years. So when they upgrade, it's a massive upgrade and they love.

true for all brands including bosch.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Only tips I have are when you have a couple models in mind, bring your most used size of plate and bowl to the store and put them in to make sure they fit. Literally the best advice. They were NOT going to fit nicely in one of the models I was looking at and I'm extremely glad I did that.
                              Most modern dishwashers have adjustable upper racks to allow for taller items in the bottom.
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                              Northeast Regional:
                              West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                                Most modern dishwashers have adjustable upper racks to allow for taller items in the bottom.
                                I'm a dummy and didn't realize this until six months after moving into this house with a newer one. Complained like curmudgeon for that time any time we used large plates. Sister in law who had recently shopped for a new one was over for dinner one night was helping load the dishwasher and grabbed the sides of the top rack and moved it up. My brain didn't really comprehend what happened for a second, it was like magic.

The washer in question is a kitchen aid, by the way. We love it. Always heard great things about Bosch though. Make nice windshield wipers, too. :^)
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X