• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Wood Spike has ended?

Maybe new builds won't be insane now.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      So the Wood Spike has ended?

Maybe new builds won't be insane now.
      It’s declining, but not near enough to the price it was two years ago. A 2x4x8 back then was about $2-$2.50/board.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        It’s declining, but not near enough to the price it was two years ago. A 2x4x8 back then was about $2-$2.50/board.
        Justin Trudeau could probably knock another $1 - 1.50 off a 2x4 with one simple action.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Going back to my post from May 15 for reference.

A 2x4x8 is now selling for $5.75 at Menards.
          The 2x3x8 is now $5.09.
          The next contract forward graph is hilarious. Like I said in either this thread or one of the others, there are going to be a lot of people who don't understand a GD thing about futures who are going to lose a LOT of money. A lot a lot...

?
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Justin Trudeau could probably knock another $1 - 1.50 off a 2x4 with one simple action.
            Given that you want him to do it, it's probably a good thing he's not.

Comment

• In one week - furnace and AC both replaced. And now my water heater. I don’t have any soldering experience, and found out that whoever half-assed the last install failed to again meet code on the pipes. I bought a ****ing money pit of a house and my wife loves this crap hole. Great.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

In one week - furnace and AC both replaced. And now my water heater. I don’t have any soldering experience, and found out that whoever half-assed the last install failed to again meet code on the pipes. I bought a ****ing money pit of a house and my wife loves this crap hole. Great.
                Do. Not. Look. At. Your. Wiring.

Just have an escape route and hope for the insurance fire.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

In one week - furnace and AC both replaced. And now my water heater. I don’t have any soldering experience, and found out that whoever half-assed the last install failed to again meet code on the pipes. I bought a ****ing money pit of a house and my wife loves this crap hole. Great.
                  Ugh man. Back in March my hot water heater and boiler blew on the same day. Goodbye almost $12,000.

I'm waiting on some quotes from an electrician for a bunch of projects I want to do (service upgrade, remove the old wiring, update all outlets to grounded ones, increase outdoor outlets, etc.). This will be done piecemeal, but the service upgrade is likely to be $3000-4000 alone.

Also, this fall I plan to do the build, but I'm going to build a large herb garden that I will suspend from my now-unused clothes line. I'm looking forward to it!
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Though the wiring is old, it’s not of concern. The AC, furnace and water heater were all installed by a DIY guy who just didn’t know what the **** he was doing. Especially the AC. I had no way to know about that because I’m admittedly ignorant on those items. That said, if I’m going down the DIY path, I seek advice and help from those who do know more. This guy was a Menards fool (hardware store of Walmart-level of quality).

Comment

• I know the type all too well unfortunately
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

If you saw what I see on a daily basis.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• My favorite was the spliced wire in the attach outside a junction box.

condition of sale to have it fixed.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            My favorite was the spliced wire in the attach outside a junction box.

condition of sale to have it fixed.
                            I worked for my church renovating houses for people who needed a leg up. We went into the attic of one house- yikes. A single circuit for the entire house, with a trunk line stapled to a beam running down the center of the house. Wherever there was a plug or light fixture, they had just scraped the trunk wires bare, wound the ends of the branch line around those, and then stapled them to the bare wood. Cannot believe there was even an opportunity to renovate that place....
                            If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• ****, landscaping sucks. We're putting in a block edge around the largest tree in our front yard. Easily 50' perimeter total. It's also on a slope and in clay. So we're doing a sort of "step into" the hill so it looks built in. We've got the front edge roughed in. But since it's around a very large cottonwood, the roots are shallow and we've had to reset the baseline elevation a couple times as we go song the perimeter. it's such a massive pain in the *** working with clay during a drought. We'll be probably doing the leveling and sand this weekend.

Anyways, it's already starting to take shape and it looks really good. We'll be filling it in with (mostly) native bee-friendly plants. Coneflowers, salvia, cardinal flower, aster, and probably a few others. Can't wait until this is finished. Then we'll be moving onto the front flower garden, the other tree in front, and maybe this fall get the backyard (not looking forward to digging that out, though it should be easier since we can use a shovel. The area we're doing now is near the cable boxes and other utilities at the edge of the yard so everything is hand trowel and slow going)
                              Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                ****, landscaping sucks. We're putting in a block edge around the largest tree in our front yard. Easily 50' perimeter total. It's also on a slope and in clay. So we're doing a sort of "step into" the hill so it looks built in. We've got the front edge roughed in. But since it's around a very large cottonwood, the roots are shallow and we've had to reset the baseline elevation a couple times as we go song the perimeter. it's such a massive pain in the *** working with clay during a drought. We'll be probably doing the leveling and sand this weekend.

Anyways, it's already starting to take shape and it looks really good. We'll be filling it in with (mostly) native bee-friendly plants. Coneflowers, salvia, cardinal flower, aster, and probably a few others. Can't wait until this is finished. Then we'll be moving onto the front flower garden, the other tree in front, and maybe this fall get the backyard (not looking forward to digging that out, though it should be easier since we can use a shovel. The area we're doing now is near the cable boxes and other utilities at the edge of the yard so everything is hand trowel and slow going)
                                Sounds very nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X