Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coworker got an oven and said it had WiFi. The rest of us laughed and wondered what you could ever need that for. Then we started think how nice it would be to be able to just say "Make a pizza" and have it prewarm itself to whatever temp you need, set the timer when you open the door, and turn itself off automatically.

by the end of the conversation I leaned out the office door and yelled down the hallway, "Mrs. dx, we're getting a new oven!"
    :-D :-D
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

That's Phase 1. Phase 2 is you move an old chest or filing cabinet over it.

Men. We have a plan for that.
      I was planning on putting the piano my parents are still holding on for me there. It sits on caster cups that are pretty tall, so if an another water incident took place the piano itself would be fine.

Also, surprisingly, the smell is nearly gone. I took Sic's advice and never turned the fans off. I'm expecting there will be a bit no matter what, but it definitely isn't as strong as it was two days ago. Old Spice and furniture will definitely do the trick at this point.

the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Why the < bleep > does a washer or dryer need WiFi.
        so GE can remotely brick it and make you buy a new one.

also so they can send you a notice on your phone when the load is done.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

Thinking ahead to young children, it might be kind of nice to be able to turn off the loud buzzer and just get a silenced notification on the phone.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The fridge that my wife and I bought this past November has WiFi on it, but it’s not so much for my daily use as it is to track the fridge’s functionality. I haven’t yet run the WiFi setup for it, but I’m not ruling it out.

what I don’t get is the Samsung fridges that have web browsers built into the doors. Just give me an app for my phone, I’m not interested in the added cost of a display built into the appliance.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Thinking ahead to young children, it might be kind of nice to be able to turn off the loud buzzer and just get a silenced notification on the phone.
              Mine sounds sort of like annoying music when it’s done rather than a buzzer, but it might be nice to get a phone notification if I’m outside or somewhere else I can’t hear the washer or dryer.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Meh. Every modern washing machine buzzer can be turned off and every phone has a timer.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  I took Sic's advice and never turned the fans off.
                  I can't claim it.
                  It's the advice to my from the general contractor that built two houses for me.
                  It's never failed me*.

*I have however literally run a 20" box fan from Walmart to end of life after a solder joint failure on my hot water recirc pump a few years ago.

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

More the first item than the second I'm sure. :-(
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      what I don’t get is the Samsung fridges that have web browsers built into the doors. Just give me an app for my phone, I’m not interested in the added cost of a display built into the appliance.
                      I ended up with one of those because of the built-in kitchen cabinets around the failed one. (The Samsung is the only thing that fit.) I didn't figure I'd use what is effectively a tablet at all.

I connected to WiFi but don't have the phone app. The fridge puts up a notice when the water filter is due (time, not usage, based which annoys me).

What I have found is I do use it for "radio/music" (Pandora/TuneIn) in the kitchen and I have the browser set to http://www.weather.gov/fgf so I can see the weather radar.

But I do fear the fridge is going to conspire with the washer and dryer over WiFi against me.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Meh. Every modern washing machine buzzer can be turned off and every phone has a timer.
                        Don't disagree. But I have to assume most dryers now are sensor based and don't necessarily use a set time since my 10+ yo dryer has that.

look, I'm not saying I'm going out of my way to get one. I'd rather have dumb appliances that won't require a CSci degree to fix. I'm just saying, I can understand the appeal. Or rather, they aren't completely useless.
                        Code:

Comment

• Lol, how relevant:

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status...145243651?s=21
                          Code:

Comment

• Mowed the dandelions. Very happy to report there was still grass underneath.

(and actually, the front yard has more grass this year than I've seen since the **** the previous owner planted died.)
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              The fridge that my wife and I bought this past November has WiFi on it, but it’s not so much for my daily use as it is to track the fridge’s functionality. I haven’t yet run the WiFi setup for it, but I’m not ruling it out.

One of those came with our place. We haven't really used any of the features yet, if for no other reason than a fridge does not seem like a natural place to browse the web or stream music from. The shopping list app on the phone that syncs with the fridge is useful, if for no other reason than my wife can no longer forget the list or claim something was not on it. I'm sure at some point in the future the camera inside the fridge might come in handy, but not yet. I would have not bought this fridge myself, though the size is nice.

We also have Samsung washer/dryer. They work well, but instead of a ding or buzzer when they're done they play these little chimes that I swear go on for 30 seconds. I think 3 seconds or so would have sufficed.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I’d take it down and add some spacers behind the pegboard so you have room for the hooks.
                                I ended up doing this and it did the job. Thanks!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X