Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do tankless have leak issues? I vaguely recall that being a problem. I know the upfront cost is significant. Any other issues?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Do tankless have leak issues? I vaguely recall that being a problem. I know the upfront cost is significant. Any other issues?
      I haven't had any issues. Ours is a combo unit that has on demand hot water as well as a boiler for a hydronic heating system.

Comment

Do tankless have leak issues? I vaguely recall that being a problem. I know the upfront cost is significant. Any other issues?
        We haven't had any leak issues per se. Very early on there was a seal inside the box that I don't think was appropriately sealed or placed and as a result, there were some drips inside the box that ended up shutting off the machine. However, the plumber who installed it came back and that was quickly resolved.

There is an upfront expense that significantly exceeds a standard water heater. I believe we got a couple hundred credit on our utility bill through the local utility company for energy savings programs, or something. We are also saving money not heating water that's just sitting in a tank.

The only other thing is that they really recommend that you stay on top of keeping your water softener working and filled. Supposedly going an extended period without the water softener operating has a potential to cause build up inside the machine.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Sorry, but what? They're still just insulated vessels, a mechanical relief valve, a flame, and a temperature element. I don't see how they could have advanced that much.
          I was mostly joking about the "technology" part -- a water heater is a glorified Sterno.

However, the engineering of every element of the system has improved.

Look, alls I know is Dr. Mrs. used to b-tch all the time, the thing broke, we replaced it, and now she doesn't* b-tch any more.

* About that.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

You're gonna be so happy.

Water heater technology has advanced faster than quad cores.
            Quad cores like CPUs?
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• if you have electric hot water, look into a heat pump hot water heater, pay for itself in 2 or 3 years.
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Rats. The carpet feels completely dry, but it stinks a bit. I was hoping we'd avoided peeling it back and replacing pad. Anything else I can try first?
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                  Rats. The carpet feels completely dry, but it stinks a bit. I was hoping we'd avoided peeling it back and replacing pad. Anything else I can try first?
                  What any man would do: sprinkle Old Spice on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Anyone else go with the tankless water heater? My wife and I needed a new water heater in 2008 and decided to go tankless. Besides the nice feature of just having a small metal box on the basement wall instead of a forty gallon drum on the floor, it's really nice with a house full of guests.
                    I've put one in each of the last two houses I've owned and will purchase a third when the one in my new place goes. I really like them.

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      Rats. The carpet feels completely dry, but it stinks a bit. I was hoping we'd avoided peeling it back and replacing pad. Anything else I can try first?
                      More air. (Carpet was dry but I bet it was still wet under pad.)
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• If you have a dehumidifier, run it until you stop pulling water out.

We keep ours on continuously in the laundry room/furnace room.

Edit: Unfortunately, once the stank is there, it probably won't go away. :-( You could try deep cleaning it, but likely nothing you can do.
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Bought the Maytag Neptune washer and drying cabinet combo when I built the house. I set up the laundry room for the drying cabinet with it in the corner. (It's the size of a refrigerator.) Roll forward 15 years and Maytag is since bought out by Whirlpool and they don't make spare (controls board) parts. I really liked the versatility of that drying cabinet.

So now I don't have built in upper cabinetry above the new dryer, and I have two choices of a new washer/dryer pair*. Why? Because the room is set up washer on the right and only two brands have reversible doors: GE and Electrolux.

So meet my new GE washer/dryer combo with WiFi to comm about the laundry load (and to signal back to the NSA <-- that was for you Kep).

Why the < bleep > does a washer or dryer need WiFi.

*A friend had the same combo and their washer failed within a week of my dryer going out. I gave them my washer until their new pair came in. He's going to put the working pair in a rental unit (and store the dead pair for parts) after that.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

What any man would do: sprinkle Old Spice on it.
                            That's Phase 1. Phase 2 is you move an old chest or filing cabinet over it.

Men. We have a plan for that.
                            Cornell University
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                              Why the < bleep > does a washer or dryer need WiFi.
                              So you can run them over a VPN connection from work, of course.

Robot to move the loads sold separately.
                              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

So you can run them over a VPN connection from work, of course.

Robot to move the loads sold separately.
                                The voice-activated delta faucet commercials are the worst. "Faucet, fill the dog dish." So you carried the dish over to the sink and positioned it precisely under the faucet, but you're somehow too lazy to twist a knob to control the flow of water? Ridiculous.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X