Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Putting this here because I don't know who else to ask:

My apartment complex sprayed for bed bugs. The bugs left some nasty stains on the walls and baseboards, and I'm not sure how to clean these stains. Any advice? I read something about soapy water, but I'm not sure.
    HCl or H2SO4?

Wear protection.
    Last edited by joecct; 09-23-2019, 05:06 PM.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: The Home Improvement Thread. Successes and Failures

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      HCl or H2SO4?

Wear protection.
      Either way, I'm hoping to get the stains off the wall myself, before I have to pay for the apartment office to do it for me.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        Either way, I'm hoping to get the stains off the wall myself, before I have to pay for the apartment office to do it for me.
        I'm too ignorant to know what joe identified, but there are a lot of auto products that are very effective at removing bug stain. I'm guessing some are safe with latex paint. And they are probably more accessible and cheaper than whatever Sherwin Williams has.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          I'm too ignorant to know what joe identified, but there are a lot of auto products that are very effective at removing bug stain. I'm guessing some are safe with latex paint. And they are probably more accessible and cheaper than whatever Sherwin Williams has.
          Can you elaborate on that? I need ideas.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
            there are a lot of auto products that are very effective at removing bug stain. I'm guessing some are safe with latex paint.
            Most Bug & Tar removers (if that's what you're referring to) contain petroleum distillates that would likely ruin latex paint.
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Can you elaborate on that? I need ideas.
              I'd ask my local Car Quest or other automotive parts store what they recommend for bug tar. Then see if they know its suitability for latex paint or, if they don't know, google search it. In fact, I assume you have already google searched the topic.

I recently used a car wash liquid that removed bug tar like magic. I'd driven through a May Fly hatching and the car was plastered with bug stains. Days later I hand washed the car with ArmorAll Carwash, a blue liquid. Worked great. It was probably not environmentally responsible to use this stuff, but I had some on hand and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                Most Bug & Tar removers (if that's what you're referring to) contain petroleum distillates that would likely ruin latex paint.
                I think you are probably right.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                  I'm too ignorant to know what joe identified...
                  He identified hydrochloric and sulfuric acid. Thus the smiley. Do not use.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Trying to fit a 34" depth french door refrigerator thru a 28" door.

We made it. We needed to get creative, but we got it done.

How we got into that predicament is another story that involves having the wrong person take the door measurements.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                      He identified hydrochloric and sulfuric acid. Thus the smiley. Do not use.
                      It would work

I’d recommend googling it. It has the answer for everything. Or reddit cleaning sub.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

How we got into that predicament is another story that involves having the wrong person take the door measurements.
                        remove fridge door and doorstops?

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          remove fridge door and doorstops?
                          Bottom freezer door came out easy. Fridge doors were a complicated POS so we left them on.

Took the sliding glass door off. That got us to 30". Then opened the side doors (got us to 29") and jockeyed it in.

Next time She Who Must Be Obeyed does measurements, I'm double checking.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

Did you leave that to an scsu grad?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Did you leave that to an scsu grad?
                              UMCP '78 grad.

She also got majorly lost on the way to the UHaul place to pick me up. Went on a 1hr tour of upper Montgomery County, MD when it was a 15 min direct trip.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

UMCP '78 grad.

She also got majorly lost on the way to the UHaul place to pick me up. Went on a 1hr tour of upper Montgomery County, MD when it was a 15 min direct trip.
                                Did she also happen to attend SCSU? I'm just saying...because I had some roommates.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X