X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

If only women could just be a Righty dream girl.
    Surely we are allowed to hang onto some hopes.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post
    Infinite capacity. A true marvel.
    If only women could just be a Righty dream girl.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    There’s a reason why younger generations consider wife jokes passe…
    Bang. Zoom.

Hilarious.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

How do women have time to fit that in amongst all the nagging of her husband?
    Infinite capacity. A true marvel.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    How do women have time to fit that in amongst all the nagging of her husband?

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    Ha!! And people are worried that robots and AI are going to be the end of us.

All of us humans understand that every kitchen renovation begins when your wife decides she needs new carpeting in the family room.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Ha!! And people are worried that robots and AI are going to be the end of us.

All of us humans understand that every kitchen renovation begins when your wife decides she needs new carpeting in the family room.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Every dishwasher I've ever seen has that. I think it's part of the trap

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Sooo I have a 3 or 4 year old kitchen aid dishwasher. I just learned about cleaning the sump filter (I know, I know). Was quite filthy so I soaked it in some hot water and dawn for a bit.

when you remove the filter, is it normal to have some water down on the hole it came from? Or does that signal some kind of blockage/issue? I only use it once a week at most and have had no drainage issues or issues with it cleaning dishes.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post

Just FYI, west-facing shade trees / windows have more of an impact on AC usage than south- facing stuff. Especially at medium latitudes, a July or August late afternoon sun is hitting you from slightly WNW.
    Makes sense in our latitude. This tree, though, is a monster and is only 15 feet from the side of the house and located in the middle. I guess I could move it to our west side yard.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Originally posted by burd View Post

We've done a ton of work on our old home over the last 30 years--built bedrooms, family rooms, and bathrooms, remodeled the kitchen, replaced over 20 windows with high performance wood, etc. But we've never added air conditioning. If our huge maple tree on the south side of the house ever has to go, though . . .
    Just FYI, west-facing shade trees / windows have more of an impact on AC usage than south- facing stuff. Especially at medium latitudes, a July or August late afternoon sun is hitting you from slightly WNW.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

That might be a quick and dirty way to do it but how does take into account how much insulation you have, south facing windows, doors, etc.
    We've done a ton of work on our old home over the last 30 years--built bedrooms, family rooms, and bathrooms, remodeled the kitchen, replaced over 20 windows with high performance wood, etc. But we've never added air conditioning. If our huge maple tree on the south side of the house ever has to go, though . . .

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by walrus View Post

That might be a quick and dirty way to do it but how does take into account how much insulation you have, south facing windows, doors, etc.
    You make a really solid point, but it’s a solid starting place for people before talking to an HVAC company. Have some info in your pocket, that type of thing.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

You can calculate how big of an A/C unit you need for your home.

https://theclimatetech.com/how-to-de...C%20or%2025%25.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    He texted me tonight after looking up my exact unit and said it’s too much. He said my furnace was 60k something and that that was probably correct. The guy this summer did 6 units? Pounds? Of refrigerant and he said that’s too much. It’s only a problem because he said it can cool the house too fast and then cause more condensation?

He’s not telling me I need anything new, and he has no incentive to do so. He also said If the ac works then i don’t need to do anything, really.

I’ve seen my house listed as 2300 and 2700 so not sure why there was a discrepancy there

Leave a comment:

Working...
X