• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

He being “Diane”?
    Haha, oops. I was on a plane at the time and couldn't use sound. Honestly, I think my neighbor is more of the Midwest passive-aggressive type.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    After many delays a few items finally completed on the updates we are doing to the new house.

- Tile floor is in for the main room and hallways.
    - Granite countertops installed.
    - Washer/Dryer and Fridge all delivered and setup.
    - Security system installed
    - Cat6 (ethernet) installed in walls, and central box setup.

A lot left to do however. :-(
    Last edited by JF_Gophers; 10-20-2022, 12:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

LMAO, he even looks a bit like me.
    He being “Diane”?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Fade, this video made me think of you and your neighbor…lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasana...tm_name=iossmf
    LMAO, he even looks a bit like me.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Fade, this video made me think of you and your neighbor…lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/therewasana...tm_name=iossmf

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post

The squirrels have done just fine with it. It's enraging but adorable to watch them dive head first into a tiny divot, then root around under the turf, then pull up a grub, sit on their fat squirrel butt and eat the morsel.
    Squirrels are the most entertaining animals in the backyard.

Leave a comment:

• MarkEagleUSA
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

It’s good you treated for the grubs before the problem evolved to moles. Moles love eating grubs.
    Worse yet, grubs attract skunks and they will destroy a lawn in short order.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied

It’s good you treated for the grubs before the problem evolved to moles. Moles love eating grubs.
    The squirrels have done just fine with it. It's enraging but adorable to watch them dive head first into a tiny divot, then root around under the turf, then pull up a grub, sit on their fat squirrel butt and eat the morsel.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Circle of life.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I had to give up and call a lawncare company. Something was digging up my (immaculate, beautiful) lawn and I couldn't tell it if was grubs or voles or gremlins.

They came, immediately identified it as grubs and put that stuff down plus lime. They'll be back in a couple weeks to overseed and aerate, then again for a final season fertilization.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I had grubs last year. It all depends on the geo area they hit in a year.

my area recovered fast though

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I had to give up and call a lawncare company. Something was digging up my (immaculate, beautiful) lawn and I couldn't tell it if was grubs or voles or gremlins.

They came, immediately identified it as grubs and put that stuff down plus lime. They'll be back in a couple weeks to overseed and aerate, then again for a final season fertilization.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Fun fact: the "petard" as in "hoist by your own" is a siege weapon. It's a box of gunpowder which you place into holes you dig under the walls. You explode it to undermine the wall. The comically Scottish character at the siege of Harfleur in Henry V is talking about it.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Don't forget that siege attacks from under the walls also happened. They just haven't been as popularized by Hollywood due to the difficulties that arise while attempting to film such a situation well. So keep your ears on the ground and place shallow water dishes around the perimeter to detect vibrations.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Fetchez la vache.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X