X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    My apartment doesn't have an overhead light in the main room (405 Sq ft studio).

I want to believe rope lights, fairy lights, or Christmas lights can give me the lighting I need with minimal effort.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    So I installed three tiny Bluetooth receivers in inconspicuous areas and now my house has presence detection to within about 2m. Since the test went well I plan on adding a couple more upstairs to get <1m accuracy in all three dimensions.

why? No more even interacting with Alexa or Siri to turn on and off lights and appliances. Neat.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Laurie 8675309, we got your number on the wall

Leave a comment:

• Laura-4334
    replied
    Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!
    My EPDM roof must have a big section cut out to repair water damage (a leak around ac that only showed up recently, must have leaked for some time). I am looking for suggestions as to what liquid roof product to use to do the entire roof over the existing rubber roof as well as the exposed plywood from the repair. I’m leaning toward a system called roof repair sterling va but would love to find what others have used with success.

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    What is a water stop?
    Valve, Not sure why anyone needs anything but the sink faucet to be off to clean an aerator screen.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Did akerry survive the outage?!?!!?

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Also, that's a dumb design for a dishwasher if it alarms at low pressure. But if that's what's happening, then just shut off the valve at the dishwasher. Should hold the pressure in while he futzes with the rest of the house.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    What is a water stop?

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Oh look, the bots really like home improvement.

So, my husband wanted to replace the water stops under a bunch of sinks in the house. I don't know why he feels the need for this, but it's been a pet project for him for like a year now. I don't see the need, but he appearantly does. He doesn't like that some of the faucets get gunky and cleaning from the outside doesn't fully clean the screen, so he wants to take the faucets apart and clean the screens.

I just get angry because it keeps breaking the dishwasher. Every time he shuts the water off to the house, it triggers an error on the dishwasher. The dishwasher starts blinking and doesn't play nice. Google the blinking light error for our style dishwasher says something about it sensing water but none of the online fixes seem to work. Eventually one of the ten things he tries gets the dishwasher working again. Until the next time he decides to turn off the water. I'm just extra mad about it this time because he waited until my mother was coming to stay with us to decide he wants to get a plumber to replace the under sink shutoffs. So, that happens, the dishwasher is blinking again and 5 days later he hasn't even tried to fix it.

I want to hurt him as I think he has created this problem.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Dammit Kepler stop using bots to push your side business.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Quote them with a Twitter link, that’ll get Priceless’s attention.
    You beat me to it.
    obviously Twitter is the thing that matters here.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I still can't believe there isn't a report function.
    Quote them with a Twitter link, that’ll get Priceless’s attention.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I still can't believe there isn't a report function.

Leave a comment:

• Laura-4334
    replied
    Looking great work dear, I really appreciated to you on this quality work. Nice post!!
    My EPDM roof must have a big section cut out to repair water damage (a leak around ac that only showed up recently, must have leaked for some time). I am looking for suggestions as to what liquid roof product to use to do the entire roof over the existing rubber roof as well as the exposed plywood from the repair. I’m leaning toward a system called roofing herndon va but would love to find what others have used with success.
    Last edited by Laura-4334; 01-08-2024, 12:37 PM. Reason: word edit

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Installed my first MQTT device tonight. I have a feeling the next go around will be much smoother.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X