X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I just had my home inspected, confirming what I pretty much figured out on my own earlier this week. The NW corner of my house is sinking. The solution to this is to install galvanized steel pads that rest upon 20-30ft galvanized steel piers that reach down to hard, undisturbed soil. Four of them are needed. Super.
    Is your house built on a slab? or do you have a basement? That sounds like an expensive fix. and way more to it than just some pilings driven and somehow connected to some pads.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    I just had my home inspected, confirming what I pretty much figured out on my own earlier this week. The NW corner of my house is sinking. The solution to this is to install galvanized steel pads that rest upon 20-30ft galvanized steel piers that reach down to hard, undisturbed soil. Four of them are needed. Super.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

I don’t have a good suggestion, but definitely stay away from the felt pads, especially for things like dining chairs that you expect to move frequently. The pads won’t stick over time, and if there is anything worse than a floor protected by felt pads, it’s one that you *think* is protected. Ugh - been there.
    Gorilla Glue makes some felt pads that have done well for me. They include these little spikes - 3 or 4, depending upon pad diameter - that you tap in lightly with a hammer as well as an adhesive. Otherwise, yes, I’ve had similar issues that you’ve described.

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Annoying feature not considered of new RO system. During refilling periods, the reject water is a constant trickle in the drain.

:-/
    I remember that from bbdl's old house.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Annoying feature not considered of new RO system. During refilling periods, the reject water is a constant trickle in the drain.

:-/

Leave a comment:

• walrus
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Yeah, we have a 100+ year old Victorian with hardwood floors, and we've just used pads. However, up until about two years ago it didn't matter because we also had a golden retriever and german shorthair.
    Golden retrievers kill hardwood floors, Scratches are one reason, bigger reason is being wet whenever they can and then sprawling out of the floor

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    I installed an RO system for the kitchen. I'm pretty proud of myself.

I only got sprayed in the face with bleach water twice!

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Yeah, we have a 100+ year old Victorian with hardwood floors, and we've just used pads. However, up until about two years ago it didn't matter because we also had a golden retriever and german shorthair.
    So, mobile scratch machines.

I also got floor pads to go under my wheelie office chairs. The ones for carpets have the teeth to hold them in place, the ones for hardwood/pergo are flat and smooth.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    FYI - my 95ish year old house is almost entirely hard wood flooring. We use felt pads of appropriate thickness to avoid scratching. No issues so far. Just need to be careful if moving things so the pads don't slip out.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    FYI - my 95ish year old house is almost entirely hard wood flooring. We use felt pads of appropriate thickness to avoid scratching. No issues so far. Just need to be careful if moving things so the pads don't slip out.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Yeah, it's mostly going to be a gray somewhere between light and medium gray here most likely.

SOmething along these lines, though, on a much larger wall...

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    That's like trying to match MTU gold. I gave up and picked a nice calming shade of teal for my office accent wall, and I'll worry about MTU gold as I build out the basement man cave in the coming months.

Home Depot home delivery grinds my gears. I had to reorder a bunch of materials for our kitchen remodel, after our contractor told us what we originally purchased would not work (of course). HD said they'd be here this Friday. This morning I get an email that - surprise! - it's all being delivered today, the day after I ordered it. FedEx Ground truck shows up at 10:30a and an overweight driver with no help has to unload an 8 ft. piece of maple butcher block. He was NOT happy and was already on the phone to his dispatcher or supervisor or whatever to complain. Fiance then has to clock out for a work "break" to help me drag it into the house.
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 02-09-2022, 10:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Given the U itself can't ever seem to get a consistent color scheme I'm not surprised by these events.
    Yeah, I have one authentic and an authorized replica from VintageHockey. None of the colors match. I could throw every M&G clothing item in a pile and never find the same maroon or gold twice.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    So I'm moving my office downstairs and painting it. Trying to decide on paint colors. I want to do a light anthracite gray and have a stencil M on maroon and gold. For the ****ing life of me I cannot find a maroon or a gold that matches the official colors on an authentic jersey i own. Nor can anyone take the Pantone colors from MN's branding site because Pantone (obviously) is a different system and they don't translate exactly. It's just so effing frustrating.

I think I've grabbed every maroon I can find at Home Depot and Menards. I suppose I should swing by Lowes and some of the legit paint stores.

I'll probably end up just doing it by eye like I should have from the start and just lived with it
    Given the U itself can't ever seem to get a consistent color scheme I'm not surprised by these events.

Leave a comment:

• burd
    replied
    Good luck on finding the right color, dx.

I've come so far

Leave a comment:

Working...
X