Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've actually never seen a gas dryer. I know they exist but they seem to be fairly rare. At least around here.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I've actually never seen a gas dryer. I know they exist but they seem to be fairly rare. At least around here.
      I only know one person that has one. They do dry faster, and they are cheaper to operate though.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post

I only know one person that has one. They do dry faster, and they are cheaper to operate though.
        That's what I hear. We'll keep the electric one and upgrade the line. That should pretty much equal out the difference in cost, and my preference is for electric too.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          I've actually never seen a gas dryer. I know they exist but they seem to be fairly rare. At least around here.
          I grew up in a house with a gas drier, and my current house has one, too.

When I was in high school - early 90s - I worked at Best Buy. We sold a lot of gas driers, and I remember that because they were lighter to load into vehicles than the electric ones.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Yeah I don’t feel like gas dryers are all that rare

Comment

• So our garage came with a pegboard on one of the walls, which is nice. But the pegboard has no space behind it, meaning you cannot get any hooks in there. I suppose I can try to use a small 1/4" peg or dowel, but there is very little board depth holding it in, versus the weight of whatever is resting on the peg/dowel, so I don't think that would work very well). Is there another obvious solution I'm missing? (Other than nailing/screwing into the wall behind the pegboard through the holes, which is a possibility, but more of a last resort solution.)

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                So our garage came with a pegboard on one of the walls, which is nice. But the pegboard has no space behind it, meaning you cannot get any hooks in there. I suppose I can try to use a small 1/4" peg or dowel, but there is very little board depth holding it in, versus the weight of whatever is resting on the peg/dowel, so I don't think that would work very well). Is there another obvious solution I'm missing? (Other than nailing/screwing into the wall behind the pegboard through the holes, which is a possibility, but more of a last resort solution.)
                I can't think of anything terribly simple. I'd probably get more pegboard and go over the top of what is there. I can see myself destroying the existing pegboard trying to get it down. :-)
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

So our garage came with a pegboard on one of the walls, which is nice. But the pegboard has no space behind it, meaning you cannot get any hooks in there. I suppose I can try to use a small 1/4" peg or dowel, but there is very little board depth holding it in, versus the weight of whatever is resting on the peg/dowel, so I don't think that would work very well). Is there another obvious solution I'm missing? (Other than nailing/screwing into the wall behind the pegboard through the holes, which is a possibility, but more of a last resort solution.)
                  How is it attached to the wall?

Comment

• I still like my FastTrack
                    Code:
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I just came home from Menards.

2x4-8ft construction stud = $12.09 WT ****?!
                      2x3-8ft construction stud = $7.69

i was grabbing for the 2x4 until I saw the price. I’m just building some shelves for inside my shed, and don’t need that much strength. Thankfully.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        I just came home from Menards.

2x4-8ft construction stud = $12.09 WT ****?!
                        2x3-8ft construction stud = $7.69

i was grabbing for the 2x4 until I saw the price. I’m just building some shelves for inside my shed, and don’t need that much strength. Thankfully.
                        holy ****

Comment

I’d take it down and add some spacers behind the pegboard so you have room for the hooks.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

How is it attached to the wall?
                            A number of screws around the perimeter.

KDR

Comment

A number of screws around the perimeter.
                              probably drywall screws. I'm not wild about pegboards but have used them. If it works for you in that location, you might just take it down, screw in some furring strips and screw it back on. Quick job that will allow it to work in that location.

I have come to prefer just a sheet of 1/4 inch underlayment or other plywood on the wall and use drywall and trimline screws to hang the tools with. More flexible and you don't have to mess with pegboard hanging hardware. But I don't hang wrenches or heavier tools there, just things like small squares, japanese and smaller saws, protractor, carving and scoring knives, etc.

Comment

• Mud and drywall are the next things to go plaid on pricing. Hearing that from the contractors at work.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X