Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    My wife wants me to build a bench and storage solution for a small closet in our main entry space. I’m not looking forward to all of the non-right angles I’m about to find there.

And I came home from (ugh) Hayward, WI, to find that my dishwasher isn’t draining. I just tore that thing apart after attending YouTube U for dishwashers, and my findings have now made me newly dedicated to running a monthly dishwasher cleaning solution.

Leave a comment:

• The Sicatoka
    replied
    Dutch elm disease makes me angry. Three good trees, gone. Dropped all the leaves the first week of July.
    And remember, I'm in ND, so this is where Handy quips in with a "just one tree left in the state".

I can't sell the wood as firewood either (spread the disease).
    And I'm wide open to a SE wind blizzard now.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    So i had two garage doors replaced yesterday. They look great! However the dude smashed into the corner of a door overhang and mangle the roofing for it. It doesn't look too too bad, but I hope the company doesn't give me a hard time about repairing it.
    National nightmare averted. They came by yesterday and fixed it. Phew.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    So i had two garage doors replaced yesterday. They look great! However the dude smashed into the corner of a door overhang and mangle the roofing for it. It doesn't look too too bad, but I hope the company doesn't give me a hard time about repairing it.

Leave a comment:

• JF_Gophers
    replied
    Our house closed/sold yesterday finally. So no more home improvements for a few months, till the new house is ready.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Huh

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Thanks for the insight.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Look at posting history, most have a link to some product or service.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    That's exactly it

but usually they try to post links or sell something. This kind of stuff is just bizarre

Leave a comment:

• aparch
    replied
    Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Right? I can't imagine we're the most profitable pickin's here.
    It's probably based more on the vBulletin software used to power the forum. There's likely vulnerabilities that allow the creation/use of bots, and then any data that can be harvested is farmed.

So they're not targeting a niche college hockey forum, they're just targeting people who use vBulletin version whatever.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post
    A potentially stupid question since I know next to nothing about the creation of bots, but why would it be created for a college hockey website, and does someone monitor the bot to make sure it’s even working? Or are there thousands of these things and it doesn’t matter if the majority don’t work?
    Right? I can't imagine we're the most profitable pickin's here.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    A potentially stupid question since I know next to nothing about the creation of bots, but why would it be created for a college hockey website, and does someone monitor the bot to make sure it’s even working? Or are there thousands of these things and it doesn’t matter if the majority don’t work?

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I still can't believe we don't have a "report post" function for sales bots like that

Leave a comment:

• anygreen
    replied
    Spent the whole evening yesterday trying to fix back the security camera.
    Huge fail. AT the end google nest customer service was kind enough to help me with the issue.
    And that is the place i found their contacts. Maybe will be helpful for someone else.
    Last edited by anygreen; 06-18-2022, 02:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Finished the front face of the block wall for our native and "native-adjacent" garden in front. **** clay.
    Anyways, it looks great. And we bought a bunch of native cardinal flower to add to it.

They had a native plant sale at the fire department today. Holy god. I'm glad we got there early. Madhouse. Great selection though. Relatively cheap. got a bunch of different milkweed for our butterfly garden we're putting in back. Going to look incredible.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X