Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
    Right, corruptly would be the key. It seems to me that would come into play if they get something on a Trump minion and then can show that Trump knew or strongly suspected something was up. Otherwise, where is it going?

As it stands, Trump was told he wasn't under investigation. In reference to another matter, Comey pointed out that if they had something on a Trump minion, the immediate question would arise as to what Trump knew and when. So we might conclude that as of Comey's tenure, they had nothing on any Trump minion, because if they did, Trump would automatically come under investigation to answer that question.

How is that?
    Not too good if you listened to the whole hearing carefully. Comey was extremely explicit when he explained each instance of when he said Trump was not under investigation and why he said it regarding specific situations. He was also very careful to point out to the President that even tho there was no current investigation, there may come an instance where he might become part of the investigation which would necessitate Comey then coming out to clarify that the situation had changed. This was something Comey testified he and assocs discussed when they tried to figure out whether they should come out to say he wasn't under investigation. The wisdom in the room was there was no guarantee he would not be under investigation at some point so nothing should be said. Comey also said he would elaborate when they were in closed session. He was also careful to say he had no knowledge of whether the President was currently under investigation now. If you took Comey at his word when listening to his testimony it seemed he was implying there was much more to be investigated and it may be too early to come to any conclusions.

Of course then we had the immediate attempts at character assassination from the legal mouthpiece and Trump saying things were said that weren't that if you listened to the actual hearing were like being in an alternate world.

True confessions- I was not so sure how I felt about Comey before the hearings started. I was not enamored with how he had handled the pre-election stuff because I didn't think it made a whole lot of sense. I came out of this finding him very credible and honest sounding, even down to the part where he admitted he could have handled things differently in some cases when the dif GOP folks questioned him.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

True confessions- I was not so sure how I felt about Comey before the hearings started. I was not enamored with how he had handled the pre-election stuff because I didn't think it made a whole lot of sense. I came out of this finding him very credible and honest sounding, even down to the part where he admitted he could have handled things differently in some cases when the dif GOP folks questioned him.
      I think the left was quick to vilify him because of the Hillary Clinton mess. I think his record shows him to be pretty much a long time federal prosecutor who conducted himself reasonably. That President Obama appointed him as head of the FBI early in his second term seems to indicate that one left leaning politician had no substantial issues with him. I honestly don't recall knowing or hearing much about him for the first couple of years of his term at the top of the FBI until the Clinton email story starting gathering steam. I think he seemed to handle himself well enough in the hearing last week and I know he is infinitely more credible than trump even on trump's best day.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
        Right, corruptly would be the key. It seems to me that would come into play if they get something on a Trump minion and then can show that Trump knew or strongly suspected something was up. Otherwise, where is it going?

As it stands, Trump was told he wasn't under investigation. In reference to another matter, Comey pointed out that if they had something on a Trump minion, the immediate question would arise as to what Trump knew and when. So we might conclude that as of Comey's tenure, they had nothing on any Trump minion, because if they did, Trump would automatically come under investigation to answer that question.

How is that?
        I'm sure all the facts will come before Mueller. As to the "corruptly" language, I only cited that to make the point that having the power to act does not necessarily mean the act cannot be criminal. Section 1505 is just one of the obstruction statutes, and it has many elements. It may be that 1505 is not even the one providing the basis for potential prosecution. But since there is no such thing as the common law of crimes, it's all about the statute, at least as to the question of whether a crime has been committed.

There are other grounds for removal, such as incapacity, I understand. Supersuckage is not enough, or he would be back to selling apartments by now.
        Last edited by burd; 06-12-2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
          That's funny.

It is probably seen as strictly theoretical there. Who in their right mind would want to roll in the hay with a 'sotan, man or woman, unless they were obligated to?
          Given how many godforsakes from the east and west move there every year....

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            Given how many godforsakes from the east and west move there every year....

Those are just returning sotans who could not make it outside the nursery.

Comment

In today's news, Trump is taking credit for the opening of a coal mine that has been planned since 2013 and construction started last September.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                I think the left was quick to vilify him because of the Hillary Clinton mess. I think his record shows him to be pretty much a long time federal prosecutor who conducted himself reasonably. That President Obama appointed him as head of the FBI early in his second term seems to indicate that one left leaning politician had no substantial issues with him. I honestly don't recall knowing or hearing much about him for the first couple of years of his term at the top of the FBI until the Clinton email story starting gathering steam. I think he seemed to handle himself well enough in the hearing last week and I know he is infinitely more credible than trump even on trump's best day.
                Independent skeptic here. Things were really weird this election. I was busy and didn't get to hear what he actually said when the last set of hearings were on. When he was again asked why he did what he did for the Clinton emails this time I did hear the explanation. I may be gullible but his actual words seemed to make more sense that the coverage I heard of his explanations last time. After watching the debacle of creative analysis this time I will be less likely than ever to believe analysis- even from usually neutral sites. NPR did a fairly good job this time but there is no way a synopsis, no matter how concise and neutral, can convey the context of what is being said

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                In today's news, Trump is taking credit for the opening of a coal mine that has been planned since 2013 and construction started last September.
                He is prescient. (along with all his other godly qualities)

Comment

nobody is under investigation, until they are under investigation
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

[Steps away for a bit]

[Comes back]

Oh Christ, when is this guy going to just perjure himself and rid us of his stupidity?

[Sulks back into the night]
                    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      [Steps away for a bit]

[Comes back]

Oh Christ, when is this guy going to just perjure himself and rid us of his stupidity?

[Sulks back into the night]
                      He has already perjured himself a bunch. They just need proof.

Comment

If this happens, then the question whether don is obstructing justice is pretty clear. Yes, that is.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/12/re...obert-mueller/

Too bad it will take to 2019 for anything to actually happen, as no republican wants to believe it, even when don admits it, and he then fires the special investigator for the investigation that he fired Comey for.

And it will be fun to see the reactions and justifications for the firing if it happens. We've not heard ANYTHING from Mueller- so you can't fire him for being a showboat.

don- YOU ARE NOT A CEO ANYMORE. You can't fire people just for the fun of it.

Comment

Working...
                        X