Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

**** that. I'd rather spit in trump's face than shake his hand.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

From the movie "Frost/Nixon" which is a GREAT movie, btw:

Richard Nixon: [Reston swore to Zelnick earlier he would never shake Nixon's hand] Pleasure to meet you.
      [Offers Reston his hand]
      James Reston, Jr.: [after a pause, he shakily extends his own hand] Mr. President...
      Bob Zelnick: [after Nixon leaves] Oh that was devastating, I don't think he's ever going to get over that.
      James Reston, Jr.: **** off.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        . It's also something you'll never see from Trump, as if he'd ever fly commercial.
        Or any other president
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          I had the honor to shake Bill Clinton's hand. I do mean the honor. He was the president of my country. Despite any dislike or like or whatever, respect the president.
          I used to think that way but not with this guy. I would not show Trump any respect and would probably insult him. He has treated the Office of President like a shabby condo his is trying to sell.

Comment

Fox News.

The President said to Comey, "I hope" regarding Flynn and not "Stop". Open and shut.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Fox News.

The President said to Comey, "I hope" regarding Flynn and not "Stop". Open and shut.
              It's pretty simple actually, and CA Senator Kamala Harris summed it up as a former prosecutor when she said Thursday that when the mugger points a gun at you and says "I hope you can give me your wallet" you don't really pay any attention to the word "hope" in the mugger's words. I'm actually surprised her statement didn't get more play. Maybe if she wasn't in her first term, I don't know. And before the kings of false equivalency attempt to strike another pathetic blow, EVERYTHING a president suggests is assumed to have a loaded and cocked pistol pointing in the direction of the words. He's the president for fook's sake and the resultant firing is the proof in that pudding.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Fox News.

The same Faux News that spent 3 days whining that Wonder Woman wasn't American enough? Why you watch that crap I will never know...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  It's pretty simple actually, and CA Senator Kamala Harris summed it up as a former prosecutor when she said Thursday that when the mugger points a gun at you and says "I hope you can give me your wallet" you don't really pay any attention to the word "hope" in the mugger's words. I'm actually surprised her statement didn't get more play. Maybe if she wasn't in her first term, I don't know. And before the kings of false equivalency attempt to strike another pathetic blow, EVERYTHING a president suggests is assumed to have a loaded and cocked pistol pointing in the direction of the words. He's the president for fook's sake and the resultant firing is the proof in that pudding.
                  The "hope" part is still prosecutable, from what I have read, just like your mugger analogy. Intent, tone, and context are everything.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Remember when in the run-up to the first Gulf War Rush Limbaugh stated, erroneously of course, that "everybody in the world was aligned with the United States except who? The United States Congress." Of course that wasn't true, since both houses of the congress, including Democratic senators and representatives, voted to authorize George H.W. Bush to proceed with military action. For more than 3 decades now there has been a daily indoctrination of the idiots on the right. Lies, lies, and more lies, day after day after day. And after a while it wasn't just Limbaugh, it was dozens of voices on both the radio and TV. We finally reached a critical mass with trump. The 2016 election was the tipping point.

How do we counteract this? Can we? What will it take to convince those on the right that, for the most part, the mainstream media is no more "fake news" now than it was 30 years ago or 50 years ago and FOX news and their ilk have been playing them for rubes and dupes?

The conduct of FOX news and the far right media remind me of an old episode of Law And Order where Ben Stone is being sued for malicious prosecution after a man he convicted years ago is acquitted in a new trial. D.A. Adam Shiff does not want Stone to defend himself against the murderer, who is serving as his own counsel. "Mr. Schiff, if a man who lies can go pro se and win, and a man who tells the truth can't I don't want to be in this anymore." The evening news broadcasts on CBS, ABC and NBC are accurately reporting this and FOX News and the other right wing media are lying. But after decades of propaganda the rubes and dupes cannot see the real thing. Sad.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                      Remember when in the run-up to the first Gulf War Rush Limbaugh stated, erroneously of course, that "everybody in the world was aligned with the United States except who? The United States Congress." Of course that wasn't true, since both houses of the congress, including Democratic senators and representatives, voted to authorize George H.W. Bush to proceed with military action. For more than 3 decades now there has been a daily indoctrination of the idiots on the right. Lies, lies, and more lies, day after day after day. And after a while it wasn't just Limbaugh, it was dozens of voices on both the radio and TV. We finally reached a critical mass with trump. The 2016 election was the tipping point.

How do we counteract this? Can we? What will it take to convince those on the right that, for the most part, the mainstream media is no more "fake news" now than it was 30 years ago or 50 years ago and FOX news and their ilk have been playing them for rubes and dupes?

The conduct of FOX news and the far right media remind me of an old episode of Law And Order where Ben Stone is being sued for malicious prosecution after a man he convicted years ago is acquitted in a new trial. D.A. Adam Shiff does not want Stone to defend himself against the murderer, who is serving as his own counsel. "Mr. Schiff, if a man who lies can go pro se and win, and a man who tells the truth can't I don't want to be in this anymore." The evening news broadcasts on CBS, ABC and NBC are accurately reporting this and FOX News and the other right wing media are lying. But after decades of propaganda the rubes and dupes cannot see the real thing. Sad.
                      The scary part about this is that through the use of website design algorithms most consumers only see information that conforms with their preexisting opinions and tastes. We are taking a daily bath in our own opinions.

Bias has been part of our psychological makeup since were were living in caves, and we've always tended to surround ourselves with those who think like we do, but this current means of limiting what we see and hear brings us to a new, or at least different, level of bias vulnerability, IMO. The irony is that we live in an age when access to diverse opinions is much greater than it ever was.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        This. Trump deserves no respect and no quarter. Despite being the POTUS, I consider Trump my enemy. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's the truth.

Comment

Trump told May he won't come to Britain until there aren't protests against him, the little snowflake.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Originally posted by burd View Post
                            I used to think that way but not with this guy. I would not show Trump any respect and would probably insult him. He has treated the Office of President like a shabby condo his is trying to sell.
                            Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                            This. Trump deserves no respect and no quarter. Despite being the POTUS, I consider Trump my enemy. It's a sad state of affairs, but it's the truth.
                            Never thought I would say this but I do not consider the man as my President. Is he legally the Prez? Yes. Is he leading the country? No. Look at a list of what actually is getting done (not what he says). He has shown gross ignorance and disrespect for the office and for the citizenry. Most of the country has figured this out. The part that hasn't doesn't have his respect- he laughs at them and plays them like a piano. Agree he is the enemy of the country. He is doing everything in his power to dismantle it. Not just decrease government but actively doing everything in his power to render it nonfunctional.

I can't say I would spit in his face because that would be lowering myself to the level I despise in him and his syncophants. I would actively try to remove any chance I could from coming face to face with him. If I ended up face to face I don't think I could bring myself to shake his hand.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              Trump told May he won't come to Britain until there aren't protests against him, the little snowflake.
                              And trump supporters are proving, yet again, what a bunch of rubes, dupes and morons they are. There guy is supposed to be the tough one, doesn't care what anyone thinks, just does what he wants and gets things done. Yeah, right... More and more it is becoming apparent that trump is not the real enemy. The real enemies are those who allow and enable trump. That would be the republican office holders who refuse to stand up to him (so 99.99% of all office holders elected as republicans) and the Americans who voted for him that are still declaring their support for him. They could end this all in a few weeks if they wanted to. Daily though republicans are proving that the little "r" is what really matters.

Comment

Looks like (former) Attorney General Jeff Sessions is going to testify in the Senate about Russia.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X