Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    Somebody please explain the logic to me of Comey telling the truth when he said something that tended to vindicate trump, but lying when he said something that painted trump badly. Really, how stupid are trump supporters? Yeah, dumb question. And the ones who are not stupid? Evil and bigoted. No other explanation. If Comey lied once or twice yesterday, he's sunk. So why not lie about everything? Yet nearly 2/3rds of self identified republicans polled not only approve of trump, they STRONGLY approve. You gotta be 5h!tting me. A Fox poll still showed his overall approval among republicans hovering around 80%. Yes, I know when your approval rating among your own kind dips to 80% or lower, you're pretty much in trouble. But this isn't a normal failure. This poop stain on the bed spread is the worst excuse for a president yet. And this is an office occupied by some pretty horrid creatures. Multiply George W. Bush's incompetence times Richard Nixon's dishonesty and add in the combined racism of James Buchanan and Andrew Johnson. That person, my fine forum friends, would still be a better occupant of the oval office than trump.

If you voted for him and still support him you are truly a useless waste of carbon. Do the world a favor and don't reproduce.
    THis is all very easy. -Trump supporters are dumber than a bag of hammers, delusional and proud of their conspiracy theories.
    -he didn't lie about everything because it was part of his carefully crafted plan (that only goes for those who aren't able to immediately not 'see the differences')
    -If you are delusional you must not be wrong so he is, of course, the next coming. Soon, very soon he will show how he walks on water

My throroughly off the rails friend believes like it is religion and most of those who live around him do to. They live in a rural area, have little if any exposure to outside media- think 1984 and George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      This could get him impeached. He can't stop lying and lying under oath is what nabbed Bill Clinton.
      THIS. ALL THIS. Hell, Newt coulda blown Bill in the middle of a Congressional Session, and I wouldn't have cared. Just don't lie about it under oath.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        My throroughly off the rails friend believes like it is religion and most of those who live around him do to. They live in a rural area, have little if any exposure to outside media- think 1984 and George Orwell
        They think Breitbart is the outside media, and that we're the ones living in 1984. Wake up, sheeple!

Comment

Trump stands alone in terms of incompetence, but it was also impossible to understand how Bush could have been elected in '04 after it was clear to all but the insane that Iraq was a huge mistake. Weak competition, sure, but the same confirmation bias was on full display. The decision to invade is defended to this day.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            THIS. ALL THIS. Hell, Newt coulda blown Bill in the middle of a Congressional Session, and I wouldn't have cared. Just don't lie about it under oath.
            And it was more than the perjury in Clinton's case. Senator Feingold expressed himself well in a closed door impeachment letter. The following is an excerpt:

I do not have time to discuss the perjury count this afternoon, but will do so in a longer presentation for the Record. Suffice it to say I do not believe the managers have met their burden of proving perjury beyond a reasonable doubt.

As to obstruction of justice, the President did come perilously close. Three quick observations make me conclude that, in fact, he did not commit obstruction of justice beyond a reasonable doubt. First, I am very concerned about the conversations between the President and Betty Currie concerning the specifics of his relationship with Ms. Lewinsky. But the critical question there is intent. Was his intent about avoiding discovery by his family and the political problems involved? Or was the core issue trying to avoid the Jones proceeding and the consequences of that?

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              Trump stands alone in terms of incompetence, but it was also impossible to understand how Bush could have been elected in '04 after it was clear to all but the insane that Iraq was a huge mistake. Weak competition, sure, but the same confirmation bias was on full display. The decision to invade is defended to this day.
              I think you're way overplaying the Iraq war angle. It could have been because I was still in high school and a moron, but the evidence was fairly compelling at the time. Again, young and dumb.

Obviously now we know it completely destabilized the Middle East. But back then it wasn't so obvious. I remember Syria being somewhat of a destination for a few friends in high school going on vacation.

He war hadn't turned ugly in time for the 2004 election. I voted for Boring McWhateverface, but it wasn't a choice like 2016 where only a moron couldn't see Trump playing out like he has.

I'll chalk it up to being young, but Bush didn't induce derangement until much later.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                I'll chalk it up to being young, but Bush didn't induce derangement until much later.
                I think Bush saw he could do whatever he wanted, and then the ego REALLY kicked in. I would agree with the above statement.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

No, that doesn't describe Bush at all.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No, that doesn't describe Bush at all.
                    That's pretty much what you just said. Oh, I forgot, you're an expert at everything.

Comment

I said nothing of the sort.

And now you're just being an ***.
                      Code:

Comment

I said nothing of the sort.

And now you're just being an ***.
                        Would it really kill you to ask "Expand on that" or say "I can see where you might think that, but..." Nope. You resort to "You're wrong." I've asked that from you before, and yet....

Comment

I'm not going to coddle stupid opinions or posts that aren't based in reality. Good luck with that though! I'm pulling for you.
                          Code:

Comment

I'm not going to coddle stupid opinions or posts that aren't based in reality. Good luck with that though! I'm pulling for you.
                            And there you have it. Later.

Comment

I said I'm pulling for you.
                              Code:

Comment

I think you're way overplaying the Iraq war angle. It could have been because I was still in high school and a moron, but the evidence was fairly compelling at the time. Again, young and dumb.
                                Let's chalk it up to you being in high school and a moron

The evidence was next to nothing, the rhetoric totally justified it. Kind of like anything Trump wants to do. The AHCA is amazing coverage for all. The wall will be beautiful and Mexico will pay for it...I could go on. Iraq played no role in 9/11, and Sadam actually kept terrorists out of Iraq. Pretty much anyone outside of the administration would tell you there were no WMDs, yet the Ds were still too afraid of being called un-American to vote their conscience.

Comment

Working...
                                X