Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Comey definitely had an agenda besides just the "I got something to say". There was a point to all of this...
    Between the emphasis put on how Trump WAS not under investigation at the time Comey spoke to him, as well as in an interview of Sen. Heinrich (Sp?) I'm wondering if that no longer IS the case. The Sen. Heinrich interview was on NPR yesterday afternoon, and it was almost bizarre the way he phrased what he was saying to get "was not" in there in a way that you just couldn't ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      It's just Trumpy's way. Always has been. Threaten someone with legal action, expecting them to back down. In the case of his business dealings, that's how he got away with stiffing contractors, or paying pennies on the dollar for debts he owed. The people he sued didn't have deep enough pockets to enter into a sustained legal action.

I think he's gonna discover things work a bit differently in this world of politics.
      The problem is he has an entire political party lapping up all his lies, at least in public, because of their manifest terror that if they speak truth to power the Creatures from the Fever Swamps will rise and primary them and force them back to their jobs, I dunno, stealing money from cancer children or flaying endangered species to death, or worse, as lobbyists and corporate lawyers.

The GOP could stop Trump right this second by just saying, "No. No more of this crap." They could have Pence sworn in in a month; maybe in a day if they just back channeled to Trump that it was TIME TO GO.

But they won't because 75% of them are cowards and hacks, and the other 25% are lunatics and sycophants. So the entire human species is held hostage to a garden variety con man with a mental illness and a lot of debt being held and/or serviced by the Russians.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Saw something- not sure how true- that a number of high powered law firms were approached and declined to defend him. Reasoning included the concern they would be paid- not particularly unbelievable as he does have a habit of forgetting to pay folks. (Always amazes me how little of this was covered. He has been in the news since I was in college for skanky business practices. I kept waiting for someone to cover it but they were too busy being distracted by tweets)
        I also saw this Tidbit:
        @gentlemindmom: this has been pointed out.
        Kasowitz has no bar in VA, DC or MD.
        Only NY
        Rule 49, DC Bar - Unauthorized Practice.
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          All of this. Sadly the people who blindly follow him are the ones who have the most to lose- healthcare, various other programs, jobs as the economy tanks (not the Market- they love him, but the real economy involving the other 98%) The one I am waiting for the most- all those idiots who wanted Planned Parenthood shut down and the ability to opt out of providing birth control in insurance. Wait til all those d1cks figure out it will cost them 75$ to get pills every month to be able to have sex. Or they don't get them, reproduce and find out the kid doesn't get medical covg. So sad. Bigly sad.
          Won't care. The gubmint will take care of the kids, with food stamps and welfare,. Oh, but wait, Trumpy's gonna get rid of that, too.
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I just couldn't do it. After listening non-stop yesterday and being disgusted with the self deception when they broke in for the Presser this afternoon I hit mute. There is only so much a person can stomach of lies, deceit and self righteousness. I wanted lunch to stay where it went when I swallowed it. First question started out asking about the faux vindication. Why bother to listen unless someone has actually gone ahead and formulated those BINGO cards with all the excuses on them

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
              Won't care. The gubmint will take care of the kids, with food stamps and welfare,. Oh, but wait, Trumpy's gonna get rid of that, too.
              exactly except they haven't figured it out that this includes their rural white a55es, not just all those slum dwellers who are free loaders

Comment

Apparently I missed something big- the Prez says he is willing to testify under oath. Hmmmm. How much do you believe a serial lying sociopath when he promises to tell the truth. About as much as any other sociopath. They have no problem lying because rules don't apply to them

Comment

Not being a licensed attorney or member of the bar (meaning I still have an unmortgaged soul ), so not knowing the details and nuances, in a word: so?

Did Kasowitz personally file anything in DC? And if he did, wouldn't that be on him, and not his client?
                  Or did Kasowitz just blather into an open mic as the National Press Club? Anyone can blather into an open mic.

(This is where folks will jump all over me for "defending" Trump. As I've said, let Mueller do the work and file the charges if there are any.)
                  Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-09-2017, 02:52 PM.
                  The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Curiosity got the better of me- linky at the end
                    What are the two "primary symptoms" of the antisocial personality?

Primary symptoms of the antisocial personality are amorality (lack of ethical standards and consistent moral judgment) and impulsiveness. They typically have a hunger for stimulation and a lack of responsiveness to social controls. The sociopath will commit the same crimes or antisocial behavior repeatedly, even if caught and punished. When caught red-handed, a sociopath makes charming apologies and talks of how life will be different from now on. But he or she is likely to slide back into the same bad patterns. There is little effort to conceal wrongdoing; if caught, the sociopath freely confesses and tries to make everything all right with personal charm. But a sociopath has no real regrets over hurting people or breaking rules; the apologies come almost too readily because they are totally insincere, a means of minimizing the consequences of being caught rather than expressing true regrets.

Why can a sociopath often pass a lie detector test despite being guilty?

Research suggests there may be a biological component to the sociopath's fearlessness. Sociopaths are remarkably tolerant of electric shock (Hare & Schalling, 1978). Under tense conditions they show heart rate acceleration but few other signs of stress—no sweaty palms, for example. They typically pass a lie detector test even if they are lying. Ability to pass a lie detector test is part of the FBI's profile for murderers who mutilate their victims, because this type of person is usually an antisocial personality.
                    http://www.intropsych.com/ch12_abnor...rsonality.html

Comment

Apparently I missed something big- the Prez says he is willing to testify under oath. Hmmmm. How much do you believe a serial lying sociopath when he promises to tell the truth. About as much as any other sociopath. They have no problem lying because rules don't apply to them
                      This could get him impeached. He can't stop lying and lying under oath is what nabbed Bill Clinton.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Not being a licensed attorney or member of the bar (meaning I still have an unmortgaged soul ), so not knowing the details and nuances, in a word: so?

Did Kasowitz personally file anything in DC? And if he did, wouldn't that be on him, and not his client?
                        Or did Kasowitz just blather into an open mic as the National Press Club? Anyone can blather into an open mic.

(This is where folks will jump all over me for "defending" Trump. As I've said, let Mueller do the work and file the charges if there are any.)
                        You are right, it would be on him and not on his client. Has anyone verified that suit was filed. Sounds like Dem wishful thinking to me. If Trump did or does, it would be conclusive proof of incapacity.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          You are right, it would be on him and not on his client. Has anyone verified that suit was filed. Sounds like Dem wishful thinking to me. If Trump did or does, it would be conclusive proof of incapacity to govern.
                          Saw a clip of the guy saying he was going to but other than that not sure.

Comment

Saw a clip of the guy saying he was going to but other than that not sure.
                            Reminds me of that delightful scene in the dance club in City Lights.

Speaking of City Lights, if you want a dose of pure mastery and beauty as relief from all the narcissistic ugliness that is Donald Trump, watch it sometime soon.
                            Last edited by burd; 06-09-2017, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Would Trump file as President or as a private citizen?

If the former, yeah, you'd seemingly file in DC and Kasowitz would need someone on the DC bar to file it for him.
                              If as a private citizen, wouldn't Trump file in his state of residency, namely, NY?

A quick 'net search projects filings to happen next week.

But LAT says this: "Trump’s legal team will file a complaint early next week with the Justice Department’s inspector general, ... "

Anyone can file a complaint with the US DOJ IG, can't they?
                              Last edited by The Sicatoka; 06-09-2017, 03:09 PM.
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

exactly except they haven't figured it out that this includes their rural white a55es, not just all those slum dwellers who are free loaders
                                The slum dwellers get the special super secret welfare that the white folks can't get. That's why they're mad. They just want to be treated equally. Stop picking on whitey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTwpBLzxe4U
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X