Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

I think people care way too much about this. I dont even think what she did can be construed as offensive or a threat. It was dumb but people need to relax. There has been way worse done/said about plenty of Presidents.

She apologized and she got fired...the story is over.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

No, what she did gave Trumpanzees a battle victory. They can now dig in their heels even more and scream about celebs and media figures, even B-list ones, are inciting all liberals to violence. Griffin put a dent in liberals' moral high ground, and lowered the national discourse even further.

You can argue free speech until you're blue in the face, and I don't think she should be arrested or charged for any of this, however it is offensive to do that to a current or former POTUS, and she has rightfully suffered the consequences. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle they're on, how much you hate them, how stupid they are, or how much "They did it first!" That's simply not how we should operate in American democracy. That goes for your reps and Senators, too.

You are wrong to brush this off as if she'd just gotten carried away and gone off on someone in one of her audiences wearing a MAGA hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
        No, what she did gave Trumpanzees a battle victory. They can now dig in their heels even more and scream about celebs and media figures, even B-list ones, are inciting all liberals to violence. Griffin put a dent in liberals' moral high ground, and lowered the national discourse even further.

You can argue free speech until you're blue in the face, and I don't think she should be arrested or charged for any of this, however it is offensive to do that to a current or former POTUS, and she has rightfully suffered the consequences. It doesn't matter which side of the aisle they're on, how much you hate them, how stupid they are, or how much "They did it first!" That's simply not how we should operate in American democracy. That goes for your reps and Senators, too.

You are wrong to brush this off as if she'd just gotten carried away and gone off on someone in one of her audiences wearing a MAGA hat.
        Griffin is lower than B list. More like D, right above the Kardashians, imo
        Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
          Fair enough. I suppose remembering her thoroughly mediocre appearances on Whose Line from 2000 or so, shouldn't elevate her status too much. Doesn't change my point though.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
            In fact, she actually had a show called "My Life on the D List."

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Yeah she gave the Trumpers something to get upset about...sorry I just dont care about that.

And I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying...I dont care who does it that is just par for the course for the President. We have been hanging and burning Presidents in effigy since the 1800s. People have talked about "2nd Amendment Solutions" and killing the President for just as long. Comedians have said and done things towards Presidents that are disrespectful, evil and mention violence forever. This is nothing new and while it is tasteless and classless (and most oftentimes shows lack of creativity and talent) I just dont think it matters much I dont care who the President is. Outside of saying someone should get fired for stupidity I never attacked anyone that said racist stuff about Obama or hung him in effigy.

You are wrong to continue to make this a big deal. (she is too) She did her stupid thing and lost her job. That is the end of the story. If everyone would shut up about it no one would even remember this in 2 months. But no the Snowflakes gotta make sure the Trumpers know they mean business and dont want to hurt any feelings so they are going to really give her the business and keep this story around for months on end.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The next time trump reacts properly to a developing crisis with intelligence and real empathy or compassion will be the first time.

For all who say we cannot just tune out the trump supporters and we do more harm than good when we call them irredeemable or deplorable, how the hell can you talk with someone in any sort of meaningful way about why trump is harming the country and the world when they believe what trump tweeted following the latest terrorist attack on the U.K.? If you voted for trump and still can't see how dangerous and unqualified he is, how his presidency at best will leave a lasting and damaging legacy that will take the next president(s) (if there is a next president) years to undo, then NOTHING anyone has to say will help you see the error of your ways. As the saying goes, I'll defend to the death anyone's right to believe whatever they want, but there is no way in hell I am entertaining that these people need to be listened to for one second longer than it takes to ascertain that they still believe in trump.

The only thing trump could do that would change the mind of a supporter is if he quite literally came into their home and kicked their dog while he was having sex with their daughter.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                  The only thing trump could do that would change the mind of a supporter is if he quite literally came into their home and kicked their dog while he was having sex with their daughter.
                  Nah, they think Trump's an alpha male. They'd be into the cuckoldry.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Nah, they think Trump's an alpha male. They'd be into the cuckoldry.
                    He is probably more likely to kick the daughter and have sex with the dog. He likes to bully women, and his reputation is safe with the dog.

Comment

You're all assuming Trump can still get it up. That is highly unlikely, and probably the root of some of his misogyny.
                      Cornell University
                      National Champion 1967, 1970
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        You're all assuming Trump can still get it up. That is highly unlikely, and probably the root of some of his misogyny.
                        But . . . it was YUGE!!

Comment

He would probably have Kushner do it like he has Jared screw Ivanka since he cant

I think we figured out why the South loves Trump so much...they do like their inbreeding down there
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                            The next time trump reacts properly to a developing crisis with intelligence and real empathy or compassion will be the first time.

Wait, is Trump having sex with the daughter? Or is the dog?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Trumpy's 23rd day golfing, in case anyone's keeping count.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                Trumpy's 23rd day golfing, in case anyone's keeping count.
                                Good for him
                                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X