Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    what do you mean "start"? Obama's administration deported record numbers of undocumented people.
    Did you read my whole post?

I actually *GASP* gave credit to Obama for his deportations.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      We're at a point where the majority of middle America would be happy with a strongman leader as long as they were employed and could put food on the table. It's terrible, but true, and it's how dictatorships happen.
      Fascism begins in the countryside. It dresses up in Rousseau-ian "civilization ruins man, the noble savage knows right and wrong instinctively" garbage that appeals to rural vanity and parochialism. It worships the symbol of rural power: the manor house with its authoritarian god-emperor.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Did you read my whole post?

I actually *GASP* gave credit to Obama for his deportations.
        That's not the problem. The problem is while Obama was doing everything he was allowed to do to fix the immigration problem you and many other voters will still convinced by conservative media that it was a huge problem.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Trump just announced that the tax reform bill is moving along in Congress and doing very well.

Anybody want to take a stab at what is wrong with that statement?
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Trump also announcing US will drop out of Paris climate accord. He's a man of his word, that president trump.

Comment

Sure was nice of all those young'uns to sit out the last election even though they rank the environment high on their list of priorities. But, I suppose Hillary would have also pulled out of the Paris accords because of e-mails or a speech she gave to Goldman Sachs, right?
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                Sure was nice of all those young'uns to sit out the last election even though they rank the environment high on their list of priorities. But, I suppose Hillary would have also pulled out of the Paris accords because of e-mails or a speech she gave to Goldman Sachs, right?
                Not only can't we solve social problems in this country but we also have given up on science and engineering being able to solve our energy problems. It's sad and pathetic.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  You can take your thumb out of your as-s and start being helpful any time, Rove. I doubt people would even remember how embarrassing it was for you last November if you didn't constantly bring it back up.

We have already forgiven you. Now put on your helmet and get back in the game.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Interesting how so many are so hung up on the basket quote.
                    Trump panders to a different subset and it worked moreso than Hillary's attempts to call out anyone that would vote for him.

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    That's true. I think most people look at it like just another piece of evidence of a poorly run campaign. That's my take. It's also my take with respect to the deplorable comment.
                    That's the crux of my argument.

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    You don't have to punish them. But you also don't have to go out of your way to acknowledge those beliefs and feelings, to relate to those people as if those feelings are perfectly acceptable and a valid viewpoint. To tolerate those feelings. They need to be shunned, not mainstreamed.

Brent and Slappy just think we need to speak to them as equals, and all their hatred and bigotry will just go away.
                    Where the eff did I even remotely imply that? I said nothing more than leave them alone. Get a clue.

In no way shape or form am I defending Trump nor anyone that voted for him. If my posting history isn't obvious evidence enough already not my problem.

Her deplorables comment wasn't a major factor but was representative of the message her campaign unwittingly sent. Along with not visiting states she should have and too many would-be Hillary voters staying home it was too much to overcome.
                    Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-01-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Where the eff did I even remotely imply that? I said nothing more than leave them alone. Get a clue.
                      When they leave me alone I'll leave them alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        Just because it happened before does not make it correct now.
                        What specifically makes it "incorrect" other than labeling them, "illegal"? I understand your "letter of the law" argument but are we talking about a zero sum gain? I'd argue given crime statistics of illegals vs. legals and the fact people are coming here to better their life - immigrants that in turn provide services and productivity - what are we going to accomplish by focusing an inordinate amount of resources on what appears to be a minute problem? What's the ROI in this war on illegal immigration?
                        Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-01-2017, 05:24 PM.

Comment

What really needs to happen, is that many of these people need jobs. Actually getting them jobs here in the 21st century, is another matter.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

My immigration policy would be this.

1. If you want to come here, welcome. You just have to abide by our rules. You need to pay your taxes. You need to follow our laws.

2. If you want a say in creating the rules, that's another matter. You actually have to go through the steps of becoming a citizen, then you can vote, sit on juries, etc... Otherwise, you're going to have to live within the rules we establish.

I personally disagree with the idea of trying to criminalize or even legislate against these basic human instincts. I have this opinion because I actually think that instinct is good and positive. We are better off as a globe if people in general have a better standard of living.
                            I can totally get behind this policy.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Franken has already stated that he's not running for POTUS in 2020.
                              Yeah cause politicians never change their mind. (see: Wellstone, Paul who was the only reason Franken ever ran in the first place)

I would bet right now if Biden doesnt run (andhe is looking into it) or if there isnt someone Franken himself wants to support he will run.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                He's not running.
                                Yes he is.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X