Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    To be fair, "bullying is ok as long as you're bullying somebody else" is the entire Religious Freedom argument.
    I understand. But I see no one here agreeing with that sentiment. Except maybe Flaggy, but well.....
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      And where did anyone here say that?
      Since no one admits to voting for Trump around here, no one. But every Trump voter did.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Aaah, so that's the distinction everyone wants to draw. It's ok that he talks to women like that as long as it's not me. Perfect. I understand now. If you're bullying someone else then you can have my support. Just don't shine any light or put a mirror in front of me. Cause if you do that, we going to be fighting.

What a shallow country.

And there's Brenthoven. Right on cue.
        All I'm saying is she made a pretty bad mistake. If I go in for a job interview and five people are interviewing me, I'm sure as heck not going to pick out two of them and tell them I think they're deplorable. You might still get the job, but it's not a great strategy in my book.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          It was incredibly stupid to just declare publicly that nearly half the population is deplorable.
          To be a stickler, she said half Trump's supporters are deplorable. 26 percent of eligible voters voted for Trump. So she was saying 13 percent of the population is deplorable.

Sounds like an understatement.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

To be a stickler, she said half Trump's supporters are deplorable. 26 percent of eligible voters voted for Trump. So she was saying 13 percent of the population is deplorable.

Yeah, but you use critical thinking skills to determine that. No Trump voters possess such a skill.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Even if it was 13%, and even if it were true (I would say it is), it was incredibly stupid to say it.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Yeah, I think that sounds right now that I read it. Candidly I'd pretty much forgotten about it, but my point still stands, even if my math was off.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Even if it was 13%, and even if it were true (I would say it is), it was incredibly stupid to say it.
                  Should we hunt down what Conservative candidates say about liberals during their campaigns now? Are they dumb as well?

Comment

In my dotage my memory fails me more and more, but didn't Romney make a similarly stupid comment? I thought I recall him saying something like 45% of the people will never vote for me anyway, or something like that? Seems to me at the time everyone pretty much agreed that even though he was probably pretty accurate, and even though he really hadn't actually insulted anyone or called them names, it was still a really stupid thing to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      Should we hunt down what Conservative candidates say about liberals during their campaigns now? Are they dumb as well?
                      If they say stupid stuff and insult the people, yes. Not playing favorites here.

If you insult the voting populace, you're gonna get burned more often than not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        If they say stupid stuff and insult the people, yes. Not playing favorites here.

If you insult the voting populace, you're gonna get burned more often than not.
                        *offer only valid if you're a Democrat. Restrictions do not apply to Republicans. I mean seriously, the GOP has made an entire hate media industry out of bullying the left wing. But oh noes, the Dems fight back and they're the bad guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          In my dotage my memory fails me more and more, but didn't Romney make a similarly stupid comment? I thought I recall him saying something like 45% of the people will never vote for me anyway, or something like that? Seems to me at the time everyone pretty much agreed that even though he was probably pretty accurate, and even though he really hadn't actually insulted anyone or called them names, it was still a really stupid thing to say.
                          Yes, he did. He also got just about exactly the same amount of votes as Trump who only bullied individuals and not voters. Democrats who agreed with Clinton's deplorable comment couldn't be bothered on Tuesday, November 8th 2016.

Comment

The TSA thing was a race/racism tangent on my part, which is related to the immigration point. I should have clarified that better.

As for "going out in a field and working," go back to the min wage debate going on. Many say that only illegals will work for that low pay. Well, if we get rid of cheap labor, companies will basically be forced to raise wages (and not this mandatory $15/hr bs we have going on) and then yes, folks will take those jobs. By the way, I work blue collar. Not a glamorous job, not a high-paying job (I make enough to live off of), it's physically demanding, and I like the work.

Finally, I agree with Handy. You can THINK and SPEAK whatever you want, you have that right. Once one starts ACTING on that hatred...yeah, we have a problem.
                            You know I am sick of hearing people whine about the $15/hr minimum wage. (and dont get me started on the stupid right wing memes about it on social media) Yes it is a massive hike and I do feel bad but you know what, maybe if these businesses hadnt been fighting this crap every day since the last increase (using the same tired rhetoric that is always proven wrong by the results) we wouldnt need this. Sooner or later you need to pay a livable wage. Not everyone at Starbucks is some teenager doing it for gas money.

The only to blame are the people who have been pushing this back. If they had allowed for incremental raises over the years this wouldnt hurt so much. They didnt like that so now they can sit on it and spin. Economic Darwinism...the ones who are strong and smart will survive. Adapt or die. Maybe you can go work in a field somewhere or try out a minimum wage job.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              Yeah, but no one blames him losing the race on that one comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                You know I am sick of hearing people whine about the $15/hr minimum wage. (and dont get me started on the stupid right wing memes about it on social media) Yes it is a massive hike and I do feel bad but you know what, maybe if these businesses hadnt been fighting this crap every day since the last increase (using the same tired rhetoric that is always proven wrong by the results) we wouldnt need this. Sooner or later you need to pay a livable wage. Not everyone at Starbucks is some teenager doing it for gas money.

The only to blame are the people who have been pushing this back. If they had allowed for incremental raises over the years this wouldnt hurt so much. They didnt like that so now they can sit on it and spin. Economic Darwinism...the ones who are strong and smart will survive. Adapt or die. Maybe you can go work in a field somewhere or try out a minimum wage job.
                                And now look back at Fade's comments on automation.

Comment

Working...
                                X