Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    You dont have to accept their vile hate, but you have to accept that they are allowed to hate.
    They're not allowed to act on that hate, though. Between criminal statutes and anti-discrimination statutes, the law is pretty clear that once those thoughts turn into acts, they can and should be punished.

Comment

The aptness of joe's thread title becomes ever more apparent. Trump's presidency is nothing but a series histrionic attacks on everyone else to distract from his own incompetence and criminality.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        Hillary shunned far too many. She didn't need to reach out to the deplorables, but she sure as s**t didn't need to call them out and she sure as s**t needed to visit more often the key states she ignored. You can't win everyone but going out of your way to alienate undecideds is a sure way to lose an election.
        Interesting how so many are so hung up on the basket quote.

“You could see there was blood coming out of her eyes. Blood coming out of her… wherever.” - Donald Trump
        “He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren’t captured.” - Donald Trump
        “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems. They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime. They’re rapists and some, I assume, are good people, but I speak to border guards and they’re telling us what we’re getting.” - Donald Trump
        “I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks.” - Donald Trump
        “All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me — consciously or unconsciously. That’s to be expected.” - Donald Trump
        “I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.” - Donald Trump
        “NBC News just called it ‘The Great Freeze’ — coldest weather in years. Is our country still spending money on the GLOBAL WARMING HOAX?” - Donald Trump
        “No more massive injections. Tiny children are not horses—one vaccine at a time, over time.” - Donald Trump
        “Heidi Klum. Sadly, she's no longer a 10." - Donald Trump
        “You haven’t been called, go back to Univision.” - Donald Trump (dismissing Latino reporter Jorge Ramos at an Iowa rally in August 2015)
        “I think apologizing’s a great thing, but you have to be wrong. I will absolutely apologize, sometime in the hopefully distant future, if I’m ever wrong.” - Donald Trump
        “Look at that face! Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that, the face of our next president?" - Donald Trump (about Carly Fiorina)

And, yes, I agree. She didn't get to the States she needed to get to enough. She wasted time in Georgia and Arizona and West Virginia. I'll say it one more time. People that vote for someone like him are NOT worth talking to. At all. ~45% are a waste of time.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
          The senate is a lost cause, there's only something like 9 GOP seats up out of the 33 races, and only 1 or 2 of those 9 are in swing states.
          It's not a lost cause. We are forgetting that landslides do happen. It's much harder now with voter suppression, and god knows what polling place intimidation will look like in Trump's America, but it can still happen. In Obama's first midterm the Dems lost something like 80 seats in the House.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The senate is a lost cause, there's only something like 9 GOP seats up out of the 33 races, and only 1 or 2 of those 9 are in swing states.

The house is most definitely in play.
            So then 2018 isnt a lost cause...thanks for backing me up

I dont care about the Senate...right now it is one step at a time.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They're not allowed to act on that hate, though. Between criminal statutes and anti-discrimination statutes, the law is pretty clear that once those thoughts turn into acts, they can and should be punished.
              I never said they were allowed to act on their hate and neither did notredameskyisfallingguy. I am not a moron I know they cant act on their hate but they are most definitely allowed to think anything they want.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                One of the big ones is illegal immigrants. I'm all for legal immigrants. Come on in, it's a great country! As sad as it is, I'm becoming more of a fan of the Israeli-style TSA profiling. Yes, it will offend some, but it's better than the BS we have now at our airports. I like the wall idea, but it's not feasible, and while it may stop some illegal immigrants, it won't stop the cartels (which was a secondary feature that was promoted).

The health care thing...I will admit that is an issue where I have no idea on an answer. Very complex, many laws pertaining to this and that, and privatization, etc....I wouldn't know where to begin.
                Can you really explain how you relate illegal immigration with the TSA?

They don't go together what so ever.

If someone who can be considered to be an illegal immigrant boards a plane, the TSA would never be able to change that. They are not responsible for that at all. All they do is check your luggage to make sure you are not carrying something dangerous on a plane. And Isreali-style checking will have zero impact on that, just more so of that.

How do you think illegal immigrants get here???

Half come as when they are legal- so Customs agents allow them to cross the border with a valid visa. Security check isn't going to change that at all.

The second half cross a border illegally. Not by plane, by some other means. Again, the TSA will have no impact at all on that- we don't have TSA border checks that would capture them all.

Unless you have another path where the TSA's luggage search will uncover a new path that immigrants can illegally cross a border.

The one way that illegal border crossings will slow down is if YOU are willing to go out into a field and work. Are you? If you are not, why do you expect others to do so? It's hilarious to me that we expect people who don't have jobs to head out into the fields to work, just for work- and will never, ever, step out there and do it themselves. Duh.

Another way is to find the jobs that the expired visa holders do, and be willing to do those jobs. Not sure what they are, but the jobs exist.

But there's no way the TSA is going to have an impact on illegal immigration.

Comment

The TSA thing was a race/racism tangent on my part, which is related to the immigration point. I should have clarified that better.

As for "going out in a field and working," go back to the min wage debate going on. Many say that only illegals will work for that low pay. Well, if we get rid of cheap labor, companies will basically be forced to raise wages (and not this mandatory $15/hr bs we have going on) and then yes, folks will take those jobs. By the way, I work blue collar. Not a glamorous job, not a high-paying job (I make enough to live off of), it's physically demanding, and I like the work.

Finally, I agree with Handy. You can THINK and SPEAK whatever you want, you have that right. Once one starts ACTING on that hatred...yeah, we have a problem.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Interesting how so many are so hung up on the basket quote.
                    Donald Trump made countless numbers of stupid and offensive statements during the campaign, and you quoted just a few of them. But none of them were directed at the voters. He insulted his opponents. He insulted reporters. He insulted Mexico and Mexicans. But Slap Shot is right. It was incredibly stupid to just declare publicly that nearly half the population is deplorable.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      Donald Trump made countless numbers of stupid and offensive statements during the campaign, and you quoted just a few of them. But none of them were directed at the voters. He insulted his opponents. He insulted reporters. He insulted Mexico and Mexicans. But Slap Shot is right. It was incredibly stupid to just declare publicly that nearly half the population is deplorable.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Aaah, so that's the distinction everyone wants to draw. It's ok that he talks to women like that as long as it's not me. Perfect. I understand now. If you're bullying someone else then you can have my support. Just don't shine any light or put a mirror in front of me. Cause if you do that, we going to be fighting.

What a shallow country.

And there's Brenthoven. Right on cue.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Aaah, so that's the distinction everyone wants to draw. It's ok that he talks to women like that as long as it's not me. Perfect. I understand now. If you're bullying someone else then you can have my support. Just don't shine any light or put a mirror in front of me. Cause if you do that, we going to be fighting.

What a shallow country.
                          No one is saying it's right. We're just saying that's what happened.

Comment

No one is saying it's right. We're just saying that's what happened.
                            It's no wonder 53% of white women elected a rapist. Perfectly understandable. It also now makes sense to me how all these guys get light sentences all the time after they rape somebody. I've seen the light. Bullying is ok as long as you're bullying somebody else.

Comment

It's no wonder 53% of white women elected a rapist. Perfectly understandable. It also now makes sense to me how all these guys get light sentences all the time after they rape somebody. I've seen the light. Bullying is ok as long as you're bullying somebody else.
                              And where did anyone here say that?

Comment

And where did anyone here say that?
                                To be fair, "bullying is ok as long as you're bullying somebody else" is the entire Religious Freedom argument.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X