Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
    Washington Post is reporting that Trump plans to live tweet during Comey's testimony. That should go well.
    To be a stickler, it wasn't WaPo reporting it, it was Washington Post reporter Robert Costa on MSNBC. So it hasn't cleared the editor's desk. But Costa is the goods.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Full derp.
      Never go full derp. It's only been attempted once before. It was fatal.
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        My God. We've done it. After 241 years, we have reached Peak Stupid.
        Someone needs to take his phone away from him. That is possibly the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.

I was just listening to an interview with Lesley Stahl and she was talking about how different the mood of the country was during Watergate to literally Gerald Ford's first day and I thought it was a great comparison to today. We are getting to the point that for the sake of the sanity of just the populace something needs to be done to stop this crap. This man and his party are a black spot on the lung of society right now and it is dragging everything down with it.

And no conservatives...I am not saying all conservatives need to be stopped but I am saying the current incarnation of the GOP and its Leadership definitely do and true conservatives should be out in front since they would diametrically opposed to everything that party stands for.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Someone needs to take his phone away from him. That is possibly the worst idea in the history of bad ideas.
          Let him keep it- the odds of him tweeting something that admits impeachable offences is high. Which would lean to a quick ending to this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Let him keep it- the odds of him tweeting something that admits impeachable offences is high. Which would lean to a quick ending to this mess.
            What's the old saying? If your enemy is making a mistake, let him.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I was just listening to an interview with Lesley Stahl and she was talking about how different the mood of the country was during Watergate to literally Gerald Ford's first day and I thought it was a great comparison to today. We are getting to the point that for the sake of the sanity of just the populace something needs to be done to stop this crap. This man and his party are a black spot on the lung of society right now and it is dragging everything down with it.

And no conservatives...I am not saying all conservatives need to be stopped but I am saying the current incarnation of the GOP and its Leadership definitely do and true conservatives should be out in front since they would diametrically opposed to everything that party stands for.
              During Watergate there were dead enders who not only refused to believe Nixon was involved but refused to believe nothing illegal was done, or that everything Nixon did "they had all done and not gotten caught." This was a lie peddled from inside the administration by types like Colson and Erlichman, but John Birchers and other wackjobs like Robert Bork and Pat Buchanan glommed onto it. You can still hear some of them today -- their delusion is terminal.

But Watergate started from Nixon having very strong approval and having just won a landslide. Dump lost the popular vote and by inauguration was holding down at best a 50/50 split. He's now down to 37% and falling. It won't go much below 33% because a third of our fellow citizens have had a psychological break from reality, but that is still one heckuvan anchor to haul into the midterms. In 1974, the Dems picked up 49 seats in the House to get to 291-144, winning 57% of the popular vote in House elections. 57% today would probably result in even more seats picked up, because GOP gerrymandering only protects them up to about 55%. At that point seats start falling in enormous clusters. I'm not sure short of wholesale voter suppression they can staunch the wound if Trump is still at 37% next Fall.
              Cornell University

Comment

Look I want numbnuts impeached as much as anyone...but lets not pretend that there wont be dire consequences if it ever happened. (not even including President Pentup) The fallout will be impactful and it might not work out so great for those of us applauding it. Never forget the Law of Unintended Consequences...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Look I want numbnuts impeached as much as anyone...but lets not pretend that there wont be dire consequences if it ever happened. (not even including President Pentup) The fallout will be impactful and it might not work out so great for those of us applauding it. Never forget the Law of Unintended Consequences...
                  Who said there wouldn't be?

The question now is what is more dangerous to America and the world: a crippled Trump who still has his fat albeit stubby finger poised over The Button, or Mike Pence and the Theocracy Ascendant passing bills forcing female genital mutilation under the guidance of Surgeon General Mike Huckabee.
                  Cornell University

Comment

I would take Trump...he is a lame duck who gets nothing passed. Pence is loved by the GOP Establishment...

But again it goes beyond just the issue of succession. There will be other types of fallout if Trump goes down.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I would take Trump...he is a lame duck who gets nothing passed. Pence is loved by the GOP Establishment...

But again it goes beyond just the issue of succession. There will be other types of fallout if Trump goes down.
                      Since we're playing the hypothetical game here, if it ever did come to impeachment the tide would be so against the administration that they would be effectively neutered from getting anything done. Odds are they would lose Congress so they would be largely powerless there. If there's time between then and the next Congressional election, well, maybe they can go for some pyrrhic victories before the election, but even then I would think they would want to save some face for the future. Though with the current crop nothing's a given anymore.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                        Since we're playing the hypothetical game here, if it ever did come to impeachment the tide would be so against the administration that they would be effectively neutered from getting anything done. Odds are they would lose Congress so they would be largely powerless there. If there's time between then and the next Congressional election, well, maybe they can go for some pyrrhic victories before the election, but even then I would think they would want to save some face for the future. Though with the current crop nothing's a given anymore.
                        I agree. It doesn't matter at this point. He ain't passing anything unless the Republican party wants to commit suicide
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Right. Comey will say something, and then Trumpy will be tweeting "fake news, what i actually asked him to do was ..........................." and just keep implicating himself. Like how his tweets about his "not a Muslim ban" continue to show that it's all about being a Muslim ban, and the courts can see this from his own stubby little fingers.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I disagree. Like for Watergate, I suspect that the VP will leave before the **** hits the fan. Certainly, we have no idea who will replace him, but given that it has to go though congress- the odds of that person being more moderate seems pretty good.

But even if Pence stays, by the time he gets anywhere, 2018 will have come and gone, and the odds of the GOP having such a majority is thin. So he will be like the lame duck Obama, and nothing will get done.

Comment

One other thing to quote this more specifically- Congress have already taken a step away from this administration in some very important ways. While we are frustrated with the level of checks and balances, the whole policy thing is less and less don, and more congress.

Even the "button" can get neutered by leaders who know when to say no.

Comment

I disagree. Like for Watergate, I suspect that the VP will leave before the **** hits the fan. Certainly, we have no idea who will replace him, but given that it has to go though congress- the odds of that person being more moderate seems pretty good.

But even if Pence stays, by the time he gets anywhere, 2018 will have come and gone, and the odds of the GOP having such a majority is thin. So he will be like the lame duck Obama, and nothing will get done.
                                Pence seems like a wily sumbeatch. The Falwell types always are, it helps fleece the flock. I would guess he was "out of the room" when the treason went down. And he seems smart enough not to talk about anything he inferred from conversations with the other criminals. He probably didn't even share them with Jesus (a known liberal sympathizer, and brown to boot).
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X