Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Are you kidding? They have one idea and it's brilliant: steal everything. It's been going strong since 1980. And the rubes just keep begging MOAR!, MOAR!

Look at the people on this very forum who appear to be capable of intellectual activity up to and including tying their shoes who still haven't figured it out.

It's the greatest con in history, and now it's gone on so long and they're into us for so many trillions that many people are literally incapable of facing that they've been had all these years. And so this con could go on forever.
    I don't know. Much of Obamacare came from a GOPer plan, so it's not like they haven't come up with anything.

Comment

Mr. Trump would rely on a combination of private industry, state and city tax money, and borrowed cash to finance the rest
      It's kinda funny, cause I read a piece during the run-up to the election that said exactly this, that when Trump was talking about his "trillion dollar infrastructure investment" this is what that plan actually entailed.

But you can thank the low information voter, who knows nothing about policy, issues, or how government works, and cares even less about informing himself of such matters, but sees Trump on the TV and says, "Hey, that's Donald Trump, he's made a bunch of money for himself, he must know what he's doing better than any of them crooked politicians do".
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Are you kidding? They have one idea and it's brilliant: steal everything. It's been going strong since 1980. And the rubes just keep begging MOAR!, MOAR!

Look at the people on this very forum who appear to be capable of intellectual activity up to and including tying their shoes who still haven't figured it out.

It's the greatest con in history, and now it's gone on so long and they're into us for so many trillions that many people are literally incapable of facing that they've been had all these years. And so this con could go on forever.
        Federal deficit: $17 trillion dollars.

Growth of the 1%ers income since 1980: $17 trillion dollars.

Do the effin' math.
        Last edited by rufus; 06-05-2017, 05:29 PM.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          Infrastructure is solved. We're going to privatize air traffic control.

Next.
          A friend of mine posted this to Facebook about a month ago. He's a controller at Boston Center.
          Friends, I wish to supplement the upcoming/current/past discussion to privatize air traffic control with some information that I'd like you to keep in mind going forward. To qualify, I am not against privatization for the sake of privatization. However, the entities pushing for such a move have an agenda, and it is fueled by spreading a false sense that the current ATC system is tragically lacking in the technology department, that this lack of updated technology is affecting efficiency, and that the government is the sole reason why we can't have this amazing technology that will save the day. I will quickly summarize a few key points that I don't have time to elaborate on here:
          1 - There is no technology that will allow planes to land closer together. If you want to land more planes, build more runways. The only argument to counter this is to allow more than one plane on the runway at the same time. It takes about a mile to stop a plane. No thanks.
          2 - Planes don't fly through thunderstorms. Even if it's sunny where you are now, and it's sunny where you going, if there is a line of storms somewhere in between, you're going to be delayed. Flights get compressed into the few places where it is safe to fly, and the system is designed to let this happen safely. Imagine a 5 lane expressway that has construction, and now only two lanes are open. Now imagine a situation where you CAN'T stop in traffic (planes don't like stopping in midair). You'd have to wait your turn.
          3 - Finally, the main point I'd like to make: There is an implication that our current radar based system doesn't allow planes to fly the most efficient route possible. That we need a "space based" system. Planes already use GPS. All off them. Granted, when planes are flying around in the area between Chicago, Boston and DC and down the coast to FL, there are a TON of planes and not all of them can just fly wherever they want. The routes are structured so that planes aren't head to head when they are climbing and descending. Since there are so many airports on the east coast, the routes allow each airport to have it's place where the planes can climb and descend safely. For planes travelling west of the Mississippi, they are allowed to fly any route they'd like in most cases. They are allowed to fly direct from one airport to another with no land based navigational aids. We don't need an updated system to allow this to happen. It happens all day, every day. But, here's the thing, for transcontinental flights, even though they are allowed to fly any route they'd like, they RARELY fly direct. Here is an example of the same flight on two different days. JBU487 from Boston to LA.
          May 1st http://flightaware.com/…/J…/hist...158Z/KBOS/KLAX
          This flight flew 2356 miles, and it took 6 hours and 13 minutes.
          The next day http://flightaware.com/…/J…/hist...158Z/KBOS/KLAX
          This time they flew 2460 miles and it took 5 hours and 49 minutes.
          This happens a lot. And it's because of wind. Planes fly these longer routes specifically because the less TIME they spend in the air, the less time the engines are turning and burning fuel. If a controller offered the May 2nd flight a shortcut to the left early in the flight, the pilots would refuse it because they would have hit a huge headwind and not had enough fuel to make it to LA.
          So, an efficient system isn't about letting every plane fly direct. It's about letting planes fly different routes on different days to take advantage of good wind and to avoid thunderstorms. The current system does that whenever safely possible.
          I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons to privatize an air traffic system, but the current state of our technology isn't one of them. Please remember this next time it comes up. Thanks for making it to the end!
          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
          Originally posted by Quizmire
          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
            A friend of mine posted this to Facebook about a month ago. He's a controller at Boston Center.
            Sadly not ,a single member of the Republican Party or the trump administration got that memo. That's an excellent post though and great information. Really appreciate you sharing it with us.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Sadly not ,a single member of the Republican Party or the trump administration got that memo. That's an excellent post though and great information. Really appreciate you sharing it with us.
              Privatization is never about the merits; it's about the conservative ideological cancer that's been metastasizing for fifty years. Plus some good old-fashioned rent seeking by private investors (c.f., prisons).
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Federal deficit: $17 trillion dollars.

Growth of the 1%ers income since 1980: $17 trillion dollars.

Do the effin' math.
                I'd like to see the Dems run on that. The Math is Simple enough.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Another day in Derp America. And a little [URL="http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/katie-mchugh-breitbart-out-london-attack-tweets"]
                  Oh look, another lunatic who should've never been a cop, let alone a state rep.

Comment

Colbert is killing it tonight. The covfefe bit was great.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Another day in Derp America.
                      I don't take issue with anything he said at face. He's 100% correct when it comes to dealing with nations that harbor jihadists and/or support them financially. It's going to take a global effort to stand up, vocalize the opposition to the scourge and then take action.

I've been as vocal against prejudice toward Muslims as anyone on this board and I will continue to take that stand. This is not about all Muslims and even Higgins made that distinction.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                        Sorry, but you lost all R's reading that at "supplement". Not only is the word too long for don, the sentence is too long.

No chance that solid logic like that will ever be part of the discussion.

Clearly you didn't see the youtube video showing that a proper GPS routing system opens up worm holes and the beginning and end of runways. Thus making plane travel instant.

Still, people will complain and drive because of the bother going through security.

Comment

This is great. Trump's arms sales to the Saudis are completely fake. There are no contracts -- there aren't even RFPs. There are MOUs in place for the terms of potential future commitments but those were all negotiated under Obama. Trump did, literally, nothing.

An example is a proposal for sale of four frigates (called multi-mission surface combatant vessels) to the Royal Saudi navy. This proposal was first reported by the State Department in 2015. No contract has followed. The type of frigate is a derivative of a vessel that the U.S. Navy uses but the derivative doesn’t actually exist yet. Another piece is the Terminal High Altitude Air Defense system (THAAD) which was recently deployed in South Korea. The Saudis have expressed interest in the system for several years but no contracts have been finalized. Obama approved the sale in principle at a summit at Camp David in 2015. Also on the wish list are 150 Black Hawk helicopters. Again, this is old news repackaged. What the Saudis and the administration did is put together a notional package of the Saudi wish list of possible deals and portray that as a deal. Even then the numbers don’t add up. It’s fake news.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-06-2017, 08:01 AM.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Doesnt bother me. Selling weapons to the Saudis is like giving your rapist a pack of roofies.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Doesnt bother me. Selling weapons to the Saudis is like giving your rapist a pack of roofies.
                              Sure, that part's fine. But then don't lie in an attempt to build an impression of gravitas and competence when it takes less than two weeks to completely expose you.

This administration is the most inept and ignorant in history. All that's left is the most corrupt for the Triple Crown, and fear not, that'll come.
                              Cornell University

Comment

This is great. Trump's arms sales to the Saudis are completely fake. There are no contracts -- there aren't even RFPs. There are MOUs in place for the terms of potential future commitments but those were all negotiated under Obama. Trump did, literally, nothing.
                                Jeebus. He just can't help but lie. This is pathological
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X