Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.11: Attack! Repeat. Atrack!!!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I get Franken has said he wont run and who knows maybe he wont but if the party has brain 1 they do everything they can to entice him. People listen to him and despitre being a highly educated liberal never talks down to anyone (he is a midwesterner dontcha know) and speaks in a common sense style that people tend to like. He is also quite learned on all the issues to an almost wonkish level so it isnt like you are dumbing down the nomination to take him. And...in the current electoral market he can play Trump's game. He wont take the bait, he will just use his acting/improv chops to throw Trump off his game. He can poke holes in everything Trump said and make people laugh with a one liner so it sticks. (cause apparently that is what it takes now) Think how much he could have done with the ammo Donald gave him during the debates...he would have had America rolling.

Franken is better than most of the names you came up with Kep, and he is the best chance the Dems have of flipping anything in the midwest out of the current crop of Dems.
    Good points about Franken. If we're still in this world of crap in 2019 or so I hope he does run. Not only would he make a good president, he's the kind of person that would be the perfect antidote to what we're experiencing right now. We hosted an event at our office for Tim Kaine last fall and Franken accompanied him. I know he's both a politician and an actor and they are skilled at making you believe whatever they want you to believe, but no one is that skilled at faking human and decent. As someone who generally has nothing good to say about most politicians of either party, Al Franken gets my vote as a genuinely good man and he'd get my vote for president any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I ignore Ted Nugent.

I ignore Kathy Whatever.

They're crying out for attention.

I do listen to Stranglehold every once in a while though.
      Nugent's a doosh but I will listen to anything on his first 3 "solo" records or the last two Amboy Dukes records any day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Pittsburgh is known for coal production in the surrounding areas, and steel. They would have to change their practices in order to continue producing steel.

The city has actually been in the process of redefining itself for the past decade or so. The Paris Accord/Treaty wouldn't have had as much of an effect on the city as the Trumpster Fire's people told him.
        Hence why the Mayor of Pittsburgh trolled Trump over the decision
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And now, so are you.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            don also brought up Detroit- apparently not realizing that Ford, GM, and FCA sell cars all over the world- including the HUGE market of China.
            It's "YUGE".

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
              Nugent's a doosh but I will listen to anything on his first 3 "solo" records or the last two Amboy Dukes records any day of the week.
              Glad you can. Never developed the taste for Teddy's style of music. Although Mike Huckabee luvs tearing up that bassline while Ted sings about making the pu$$y purr with the stroke of his hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyDFtJdh0Zs
              Last edited by rufus; 06-02-2017, 01:35 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Glad you can. Never developed the taste for Teddy's style of music. Although Mike Huckabee luvs tearing up that bassline while Ted sings about making the pu$$y purr with the stroke of his hand.
                "Intensities in ten cities" is a great title.

Other than that, Nugent sucks.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  "Intensities in ten cities" is a great title.

Other than that, Nugent sucks.
                  I'm friends with one of his nieces here in MN. She hates him so much she won't even talk about him

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    It's "YUGE".
                    It is bigger than the US.

It will be bigger than the EU soon, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      Are we still? GWB signed into law a tariff on Chinese steel, doubling the price of it. That had to have been 2004 or 2005, I think. I remember the price of free weights doubled overnight when I was in the process of building up my weightlifting set. I know that kept a few plants in Illinois running along the Mississippi river, but it's also been 10 years since I was down there.
                      Don just relieved the CO2 pressure on making stuff, so, yes, we just handed the potential to China.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyDFtJdh0Zs
                        Glad a good God fearing man like Mike Huckabee can enjoy a good Christian song like Cat Scratch Fever. More proof that the little "r" next to their names is all republicans look for anymore. Morons, the whole lot of them.

I wouldn't see him live if you paid me, and he won't ever get another nickel of mine, but I still love me some old school Nuge.

Comment

AP says the Special Prosecutor's investigation has widened to include Paul Manafort, and may expand to include AG Sessions.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

AP says the Special Prosecutor's investigation has widened to include Paul Manafort, and may expand to include AG Sessions.
                            12 hours from now

- President Trump debating firing Special Prosecutor, McConnell concentrating on tax cuts.
                            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              And the king of false equivalency strikes again. You know no one here really defended Griffin, right? Opinions expressed were along the lines of "not funny" and "she went too far" and "we didn't like it when Obama was hung in effigy and this is no better." You can take the outrage somewhere else mr. I didn't vote for trump but I defend and excuse everything he does.
                              No one defended Griffin, correct.

But I will agree that her trying to play victim is beyond ridiculous. I do not condone the alleged death threats/etc, that's not cool. She just needs to be forgotten (again).
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I have always liked Kathy Griffin but for the life of me, I cannot comprehend how or why she thought this was a good idea. I get the whole freedom of speech/freedom of expression thing, but geez. She deserves everything she's getting now and I really have no sympathy for her. I just rolled my eyes at that fact that she had a press conference.

That being said.....where is the outrage about the photographer? Wasn't it his idea? He seems to be not be remorseful at all and wants to do more stuff like that. I haven't seen one thing about him at all. I get she has a certain level of fame that he does not but the fact that she is the one losing everything does not sit right with me.

Comment

Working...
                                X