Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Jesus he didnt even wait to be Rocky Balboa this time...

This is really bad for Itch. I mean good lord this is Boehner lever horrible. Unless his plan is literally to screw Trump by not getting this passed this year he has failed epicly.
    Agreed. Chump needs a foil for not getting stuff done. Itch, step on up pal, because you're it. Do I think he's in danger of losing his title as Majority Leader? Of course not. Do I think his new title is going to be Punching Bag? Yes I do. The man has been rendered impotent by his own caucus on the single biggest cause of the GOP over the last decade. If he had any pride and wasn't just in it to cash checks from lobbyists, he'd step down. Fortunately, pride isn't a problem that Itch has.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
      Agreed. Chump needs a foil for not getting stuff done. Itch, step on up pal, because you're it. Do I think he's in danger of losing his title as Majority Leader? Of course not. Do I think his new title is going to be Punching Bag? Yes I do. The man has been rendered impotent by his own caucus on the single biggest cause of the GOP over the last decade. If he had any pride and wasn't just in it to cash checks from lobbyists, he'd step down. Fortunately, pride isn't a problem that Itch has.
      There's still the tax theft to push through. If he muffs that then his SMLship is done. He has one job.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        There's still the tax theft to push through. If he muffs that then his SMLship is done. He has one job.
        I agree, and the pressure just ratcheted way up. If you're a hard core knuck, somebody who worships Trump, tax cuts for rich guys really isn't something you care about personally, but you'll go along for the ride without having any skin in the game. If you're a bought and paid for Gooper like Itch or Ryan, your life depends on this. You'd give up your first born to pass tax cuts for billionaires. Should be real interesting. Once again, the Congressional leadership and the actual voters have competing priorities on tax reform.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          God you're a reactionary boob.
          You're just now noticing that?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            You're just now noticing that?
            No
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              I agree, and the pressure just ratcheted way up. If you're a hard core knuck, somebody who worships Trump, tax cuts for rich guys really isn't something you care about personally, but you'll go along for the ride without having any skin in the game. If you're a bought and paid for Gooper like Itch or Ryan, your life depends on this. You'd give up your first born to pass tax cuts for billionaires. Should be real interesting. Once again, the Congressional leadership and the actual voters have competing priorities on tax reform.
              Yes. The GOP's best bet was somehow sneaking it through while the country was worried about War With Belarus or something. Now with all the focus on it they just have to force it through, lie, and bluff it out, like they did with Shrub's Folly.

I can't imagine a single Republican voting against it, so they should be safe. $6T for the rich while the poor literally die. It's a no-brainer for these sociopaths.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Wasn't paying for their stupid tax cuts the entire point of repealing Obamacare?

If they don't repeal it, and then cut taxes anyway, they should and will get hammered by primary challengers for their hypocrisy regarding the "party of fiscal responsibility" crapola.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  God you're a reactionary boob.
                  She is getting sucked into a trap. Anyone with half a brain knows that. There is no upside to debating those clowns on CNN for her. None. It's not being reactionary to lose respect for someone when they do something stupid.

I can't imagine a single Republican voting against it, so they should be safe. $6T for the rich while the poor literally die. It's a no-brainer for these sociopaths.
                  Correct. And that's why debating them is pointless and stupid. There is no upside.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I'm not sure this hurts Mitch -- I mean, more than he's already been hurt. He went out of his way to say he wasn't going out of his way for Cassidy. I think he knew the hard count wasn't going to change for this turd.
                    He has failed on this what 3 times? Just because this time he took a dive doesnt make up for the epic failure that this has been.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Well the only way he passes Tax Reform is to either 1) get this crap to pass to offset the cost or 2) pray the Dems throw him a bone. He doesnt have the votes to pass it normally and he doesnt have the money to offset the Byrd Rule. (which yes is a technicality but will still be used to block it in the end)

Itch cant use Reconciliation to pass tax reform this year and I dont see how he will next year either.
                      Last edited by Handyman; 09-22-2017, 03:45 PM.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        He has failed on this what 3 times? Just because this time he took a dive doesnt make up for the epic failure that this has been.
                        Oh, I completely agree. I'm just saying a man who has already shot himself in the face isn't tarnished by a broken nose.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Jesus he didnt even wait to be Rocky Balboa this time...

This is really bad for Itch. I mean good lord this is Boehner lever horrible. Unless his plan is literally to screw Trump by not getting this passed this year he has failed epicly.
                          I think you hit the nail on the head.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I think most liberals knew repealing ACA was unlikely. GOPers created a mindless hysteria about it as soon as it was passed and got a lot of political capital from that, but they had virtually NO CLUE how to come up with something better. Strike that. They had no clue how to come up with something better that would satisfy the mob they had created. Now they have to put up, and they can't.

It wasn't only Scooby who wanted them to repeal ACA and put their name on whatever they replaced it with, just for the pleasure of seeing them try to defend it. Hard not to give in to that kind of schadenfreude.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                              I think most liberals knew repealing ACA was unlikely. GOPers created a mindless hysteria about it as soon as it was passed and got a lot of political capital from that, but they had virtually NO CLUE how to come up with something better. Strike that. They had no clue how to come up with something better that would satisfy the mob they had created. Now they have to put up, and they can't.
                              You say that like the former and latter are connected. Sure they clearly had no actual replacement idea despite 8 years of complaining, but they wouldn't care if some solution they came up with was held together with tape and chewing gum as long as it got the votes they needed. Luckily thus far non has.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

I thought an ACA repeal was likely if they would have left Medicare/Medicaid out of it. Susan Collins was practically begging them to do, and if they would have gotten her they would have gotten almost everybody else (maybe Rand Paul held out in that case but they could lose him and one other). That part was all for the benefit of the billionaire donors that Paul Ryan sucks off on a weekly basis so they'll write million dollar checks for him to cash. Politically it was stupid. You've now made Heller and Flake walk the plank for nothing, while giving people like Manchin and Heitkamp an easy issue to run on in 2018 in otherwise difficult races. Simply put, if the GOP gains two more senate seats, say hello to tax cuts for billionaires paid for by Medicaid cuts. Is there ANYBODY in the country who received expanded Medicaid now who wants that taken away so the Koch Brothers can get yet another tax break?

Comment

Working...
                                X