Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    They want to pass Tax Reform next year under reconciliation and health care this year because they can only do this once a year and they're concerned about holding onto Congress past 2018
    They cant wait...they had 2 items on the agenda and they are linked. Without repealing ObamaCare they cant reform the tax code (i.e. cut taxes on the rich) because they wont have the offsetting revenue.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      They need to do the heist now; the clock is ticking. That is the sole reason for the GOP ever winning an election. Everything else is negotiable, but not giving the US treasury to the wealthy -- that has been their Divine Mandate since the days of Saint Ronnie.

This time the take will be about $6T, which pushes the total amount stolen by the richest 16k American families from the other 300M citizens to over $25T. The greatest crime in history. Well done, gentlemen. Well done.

We need an app for where those 16k live. It will... come in handy... someday. Should be very easy -- just tap Zillow and pull every private residence worth over $10M. There are a bunch of supertalls in NYC which if they were to somehow fall over would take care of about 100 per. Extremely useful for them to be so thin.
      lol
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        PASS THE BILL! PASS THE BILL! About time people who either vote Republican or don't vote take it in the shorts. I for one have zero sympathy for them.
        They've learned. Since they're switching Medicaid expansion to block grants, the trick is that money from blue states are going to red states. Graham even highlighted it as a bonus.
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

https://***********/ASlavitt/status/910233358688571394

Basically Dayton and MN legislature did what Trump admin asked, still get screwed in terms of federal funding.

Comment

Sure thing Mr. Scorpion. I'll give you a ride.
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              They've learned. Since they're switching Medicaid expansion to block grants, the trick is that money from blue states are going to red states. Graham even highlighted it as a bonus.
              Problem is he's benefiting 15 states at the expense of 35. If 35 other states were all blue, we wouldn't have the GOP in power. Somebody's getting screwed, most likely places like Louisiana and West Virginia for example who expanded Medicaid and are now going to get it yanked back while a state like Mass already had almost everyone covered before the ACA and most likely can do it again.
              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I heard an interesting point this morning on either Smerconish or Morning Joe. If this law passes, it would hurt the states who expanded Medicaid (the blue states) and pass a lot of that federal money to the states who didn't (the red states). This bill is a political bailout of the red states who can't make grown up decisions.
                Code:

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I heard an interesting point this morning on either Smerconish or Morning Joe. If this law passes, it would hurt the states who expanded Medicaid (the blue states) and pass a lot of that federal money to the states who didn't (the red states). This bill is a political bailout of the red states who can't make grown up decisions.
                  Its not that simplistic. It hurts essentially any expansion state. Alaska. West Virginia. Kentucky. Not exactly bastions of liberalism. If this was truly a "lets just stick it to the blue states" effort, the Senate wouldn't be trying to jam it through so quickly. They're hoping the people voting for it don't have time to read it. I've also read Florida gets dinged even though they didn't expand due to the high number of elderly residents currently on the entitlement programs.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Its not that simplistic. It hurts essentially any expansion state. Alaska. West Virginia. Kentucky. Not exactly bastions of liberalism. If this was truly a "lets just stick it to the blue states" effort, the Senate wouldn't be trying to jam it through so quickly. They're hoping the people voting for it don't have time to read it. I've also read Florida gets dinged even though they didn't expand due to the high number of elderly residents currently on the entitlement programs.
                    Not to mention the red states will blow all the money on state-sponsored Noah's arks and tax breaks for millionaires. The poor in those states will never see a dime. But they vote straight ticket Republican so, not to put too fine a point on it, f-ck them.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Well last time they didnt let them read it because they didnt want it leaking. They gave everyone a summary when it went public.

The GOP is praying that the media doesnt have enough time to put out all the information because that will be the death knell. Once the stories about Grandma Apple Pie and Papa War Veteran losing insurance start popping out it is all down hill. Sooner or later Jim Bob Slackjaw realizes he is taking it in the shorts as well and away they go. But this time the added twist is that GOP strongholds like Alaska and WV are not only going to take it in the shorts by having people kicked off but they will pay but the ones who dared expand will pay for the ones who didnt. Once that is dumbed down to the point that the average slob understands it this bill is dead.

This is going to be fun
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                        Not to mention the red states will blow all the money on state-sponsored Noah's arks and tax breaks for millionaires. The poor in those states will never see a dime. But they vote straight ticket Republican so, not to put too fine a point on it, f-ck them.
                        Exactly.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          It's all about getting money to states like Mississippi a Kentucky, etc.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            It's all about getting money to states like Mississippi a Kentucky, etc.
                            Only in the short term. In the long term they're f-cked too. Look at the second map.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Finally someone puts this in words simple folk like you and me can understand: https://www.vo*****/policy-and-polit...graham-cassidy

Jeff Stein
                              Senator, I wanted to ask you for a policy-based explanation for why you’re moving forward with the Graham-Cassidy proposal. What problems will this solve in the health care system?

Pat Roberts
                              That — that is the last stage out of Dodge City.

Jeff Stein
                              I’m just trying to explain to our readers what the policy —

Pat Roberts
                              What readers? Who do you represent?

Jeff Stein
                              It’s a website called Vox.

Pat Roberts
                              ... [Graham-Cassidy] is the last stage out of Dodge City. I’m from Dodge City. So it’s the last stage out to do anything. Restoring decision-making back to the states is always a good idea, but this is not the best possible bill — this is the best bill possible under the circumstances.

If we do nothing, I think it has a tremendous impact on the 2018 elections. And whether or not Republicans still maintain control and we have the gavel.

Jeff Stein
                              But why does this bill make things better for Americans? How does it help?

Pat Roberts
                              Pardon me?

Jeff Stein
                              Why does this make things better? What is this doing?

Pat Roberts
                              Look, we’re in the back seat of a convertible being driven by Thelma and Louise, and we’re headed toward the canyon. That’s a movie that you’ve probably never seen —

Jeff Stein
                              I do know Thelma & Louise, sir.

Pat Roberts
                              So we have to get out of the car, and you have to have a car to get into, and this is the only car there is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                Well last time they didnt let them read it because they didnt want it leaking. They gave everyone a summary when it went public.

The GOP is praying that the media doesnt have enough time to put out all the information because that will be the death knell. Once the stories about Grandma Apple Pie and Papa War Veteran losing insurance start popping out it is all down hill. Sooner or later Jim Bob Slackjaw realizes he is taking it in the shorts as well and away they go. But this time the added twist is that GOP strongholds like Alaska and WV are not only going to take it in the shorts by having people kicked off but they will pay but the ones who dared expand will pay for the ones who didnt. Once that is dumbed down to the point that the average slob understands it this bill is dead.

This is going to be fun
                                On a similar note it sounds like they're only allowing 2 minutes of time for debate on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X