Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I thought typically the governor could only appoint until the next even year election, then you had a special election that filled the seat until the normal end of the term, and then you got back on schedule.

But it's state constitution so every state can do it however they want as long as they are in compliance with the "republican government" guarantee clause of the US Constitution.
    http://www.pressherald.com/2017/04/1...ernor-in-2018/

An on point recent article. Not sure if she can work it that she gets to make the appointment instead of LePage (as in she resigns the moment she's sworn in as governor).
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      Idle thought experiment for AK (?) and ME experts: if Murkowski and Collins switched parties would they survive re-election?

Remember that in the 90s when the Dems were a national joke and the GOP was on the rise several house members and at least one senator (the CO injun I forget his name) went Judas for sweet, sweet committee assignments.
      If Murkowski switched? Probably not, she's way too in bed with the oil companies to be a Democrat, global warming and all that. She'd be a lock as an Independent though. Given the usual close numbers in the Senate she'd be able to trade votes for some beneficial stuff for AK and a plum committee appointments.
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
        A couple of thoughts:

1) Does anybody out here have any juice with the Kuwaiti royal family? I think a few years in an Arab prison might help mookie build some character.
        COTD a
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          COTD a
          Can't interrupt Middle East peace talks like that!!! Why earlier at work mookie had a young lady wondering why they don't get along better with Israel since "mookie's right! We have so much in common we should be friends!"

Just give mookie time here...... just give him time
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Can't interrupt Middle East peace talks like that!!! Why earlier at work mookie had a young lady wondering why they don't get along better with Israel since "mookie's right! We have so much in common we should be friends!"

Just give mookie time here...... just give him time
            Just give me time too...to build my nuclear fallout shelter before you start WWIII!

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Just give me time too...to build my nuclear fallout shelter before you start WWIII!
              Mookie will be safe here. Everyone needs their oil to not glow

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Mookie will be safe here. Everyone needs their oil to not glow
                Someone on here () once famously said, "We can drill through glass."
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Someone on here () once famously said, "We can drill through glass."
                  But who wants to come drill in those thick white suits?!?

It's hot enough as is already!!!

11:35p and still in trips

Comment

The ACA may get fixed after all http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ization-241151

Comment

• Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                      Gee, working together to come up with better ideas than either came up with on their own. Whoda thunk it?

Comment

Good luck getting that past the Pedophile Rule in the Republican House
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          OK, Joe, but what is your point? Are you saying one is better?
                          No, somebody outlined the differences, particularly dealing with very sick children. I thought it was a good read.

But, since you ask, health care should never be about the bottom line. It should be providing the best possible care at the best time. Thus Bill Gates and Joe the town drunk should be treated identically.

However, since some pigs are more equal than others, Bill can have the private room penthouse room, while Joe is in double room with Edmund Drummond.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Only way that works if is they slip it into a debt ceiling/budget resolution. Its going to be a really odd situation. Mostly Gooper constituents are getting hit with a lack of insurers, so you either leave your own people high and dry or go against your very nature and actually try to fix something.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                              The only real hurdle is to get the leadership to let this get to a vote. Once they let it out and get to a full bi-partisan committee, and noting that both sides are "equally" able to make changes- there are not that many votes that have to change to approve it.

One the job becomes fixing the ACA, that opens up 194 possible votes in the house and 48 votes in the senate. Which means you can ignore the far right as long as Paul and Mitch let things get going. And it would end up being ALL on them for not being bi-partisan and keeping congress as tight as bad constipation.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                                The only real hurdle is to get the leadership to let this get to a vote. Once they let it out and get to a full bi-partisan committee, and noting that both sides are "equally" able to make changes- there are not that many votes that have to change to approve it.

One the job becomes fixing the ACA, that opens up 194 possible votes in the house and 48 votes in the senate. Which means you can ignore the far right as long as Paul and Mitch let things get going. And it would end up being ALL on them for not being bi-partisan and keeping congress as tight as bad constipation.
                                The question is, is it still true that if you are a Republican Member and you cooperate with the Dems, will you be successfully primaried? Some Republican voters are finally starting to realize that they have to compromise and are taking the first steps on the long road back to adulthood. But are there enough of them, or is the party still the plaything of Rush and Hannity?

From what I read here it seems like our resident Republicans (both admitted and surreptitious) have had the fever break and are ready to be responsible again. But this place is far from a cross-section of the Republican base.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X