Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Senate is going to send their bill straight to the CBO and won't release the draft of it publicly.

https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-wra...440345281.html
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      the irony is the man bought the truck AND the ring
      If he bought the truck after the wedding then they bought it together.

But yes, that was a very good line.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        Senate is going to send their bill straight to the CBO and won't release the draft of it publicly.

https://www.axios.com/senate-gop-wra...440345281.html
        Good old GOP. They went ape**** on Democrats for Obamacare and that was way way way way way more open a process than this BS. Can't they ever do anything without being a hypocrite?
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Senate has banned media from interviewing members in hallways of the US Capitol about their secret health care bill, presumably because it is so good.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

From Amy Klobuchar's Facebook:

Today in Washington: A few hours ago we heard (from reporters!) that TV reporters were being kept from reporting in the Senate hallways. As the ranking member on the Rules Committee, I had not been consulted and I immediately called on the Republican majority to follow common practice and allow the reporters to do their jobs. Then I talked to Senator Shelby, who is the chairman of Rules. He said he wouldn't move forward on change to press access without consulting me. We must hold him to it. This is no time for limiting press access in the U.S. Senate -- with Russia hearings, Sessions testifying & what appears to be the secretive drafting of a healthcare bill. We have to preserve freedom of the press.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              From Amy Klobuchar's Facebook:
              I always liked her.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

This is heating up. The 13 panel of old white men are looking for 50 Senators to pass their bill site unseen. According to one pundit Turtle Boy was being evasive when he wouldn't answer the question, "will we have 10 hours to offer amendments"? Also, pundit says there will be a CBO score before the vote.

Glory be.

Meanwhile every Republican who said a bad thing about the by comparison vastly open Obamacare process can go **** themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  This is heating up. The 13 panel of old white men are looking for 50 Senators to pass their bill site unseen. According to one pundit Turtle Boy was being evasive when he wouldn't answer the question, "will we have 10 hours to offer amendments"? Also, pundit says there will be a CBO score before the vote.

Glory be.

Meanwhile every Republican who said a bad thing about the by comparison vastly open Obamacare process can go **** themselves.
                  This is what I was saying last week. (WaPo had an article about it as Sessions was testifying) The bill is so bad they literally wont let their own caucus read the whole thing for fear they might leak it. All indications are though that the moderates that GaryJohnsonSuperfan#1 was telling us about on the GOP side all lost big time. (as in they caved McCain-style) The cuts to Medicaid not only stayed in, they might be deeper than before.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This is what I was saying last week. (WaPo had an article about it as Sessions was testifying) The bill is so bad they literally wont let their own caucus read the whole thing for fear they might leak it. All indications are though that the moderates that GaryJohnsonSuperfan#1 was telling us about on the GOP side all lost big time. (as in they caved McCain-style) The cuts to Medicaid not only stayed in, they might be deeper than before.
                    I don't think that's might. All reporting has them cutting Medicaid deeper. They go after entitlements now to pay for their tax cuts. I'm guessing Social Security and Medicare right now are political suicide but Medicaid is open game. They're hedging their bets that most Medicaid recipients don't vote. And they're likely right.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

They are hedging their bets hoping most Medicaid recipients are minorities...they are wrong. They should have learned this lesson when old white people even in the South were attacking Reps for voting on the ACHA...but the Senate doubled down instead.
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The line I heard on NPR this morning was steeper cuts to Medicaid to satisfy the nut job wing, but they're shifted to the end of the 10 year period so there's less immediate impact to satisfy the moderates.

Yeah, that's asinine, but that's their story and they're sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          The line I heard on NPR this morning was steeper cuts to Medicaid to satisfy the nut job wing, but they're shifted to the end of the 10 year period so there's less immediate impact to satisfy the moderates.

Yeah, that's asinine, but that's their story and they're sticking to it.
                          Moderates today were nutjobs yesterday. The line keeps moving.

Comment

Wow.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Gee look at all those Red States that are about to be bent over a barrel. I want to care but I dont...you wanted it you got it!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gee look at all those Red States that are about to be bent over a barrel. I want to care but I dont...you wanted it you got it!
                                Not just red, but RED. Sucks for them. But some will make the excuse that they never wanted healthcare in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X