Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Didnt they have an agreement yesterday? What did a bunch of Ole Whitey's change their mind?
    Patty Murray and Lamar Alexander did. That doesn't mean the House passes it or Rand Paul and Mike Lee don't throw a hissy fit.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Patty Murray and Lamar Alexander did. That doesn't mean the House passes it or Rand Paul and Mike Lee don't throw a hissy fit.
      Passing the Senate is possible, if unlikely. 48+ half a dozen Repubs could be done.Getting the House to even vote is a pipe dream.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Extreme Triage??

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...smokers-obese/
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

This is what Republicans do to States that work with Obamacare to make their states better.

If Congress doesn’t act, MinnesotaCare could lose an estimated $742 million in federal funding over the next four years.
          http://www.startribune.com/bipartisa...uts/451344863/
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The way around this is to jam it into the next govt shutdown/debt ceiling hike as a condition of Dem support. Goopers don't have enough votes to pass either on their own and Chump will just make it look like he's willing to make a deal with anyone to get things done, all the while hanging Itch and Weasel Paul Ryan out to dry.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              This is what Republicans do to States that work with Obamacare to make their states better.

http://www.startribune.com/bipartisa...uts/451344863/
              Should make for a fun talking point...especially when the GOP tries to get tax reform done.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Should make for a fun talking point...especially when the GOP tries to get tax reform done.
                that's done. isn't mccain brokering a deal now to open up budget space? thought mookie read it is bought and paid for. easy peasy
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

He cuts the CSR's through executive order. Asks Congress to fix it. They come up with a bipartisan deal and............

WASHINGTON (AP) — A bipartisan Senate deal to curb the growth of health insurance premiums is reeling after President Donald Trump reversed course and opposed the agreement, and top congressional Republicans and conservatives gave it a frosty reception.
                  http://www.sunjournal.com/news/natio...e-deal/2219356

And Democrats are the obstructionists?

In an evening speech at the conservative Heritage Foundation, he said that "while I commend" the work by the two senators, "I continue to believe Congress must find a solution to the Obamacare mess instead of providing bailouts to insurance companies."
                  "This agreement avoids chaos," Alexander said. "I don't know a Republican or Democrat who benefits from chaos."
                  Good luck, Mr. Alexander. The POTUS loves chaos. He thrives on it. He'll get reelected on it.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Those historical rates are misleading as they're strictly nominal, not effective rates. Nobody was paying 91% of their last dollar earned in taxes, not when they could deduct their rug or lamp shades as home improvement expenses. Find a historical analysis of top-earning individual effective rates, and the graph will look much different, much more consistent. They're still paying less now, as a rate, than prior, but it's not such a drastic change.
                    Not only that, but evidently this person thinks income tax is the only way the government gets money. How did the country survive for ~125 years prior to 1913?

Comment

Oh look, Obama makes an executive order, a court declares it unconstitutional, Obama gets a stay pending appeal, Trump rescinds said unconstitutional order, states freak out and sue. https://www.infowars.com/dems-sue-tr...ecutive-order/

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Seems like as a country, we need to convince Republicans that liberals will really hate it if they all ate a lot of sugar, and smoked a lot. Let Coke and Winston sponsor the next convention.

Combine that with the plan for healthcare that's the best that dump can come up with, and we can get rid of a lot of republican voters very naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          Not only that, but evidently this person thinks income tax is the only way the government gets money. How did the country survive for ~125 years prior to 1913?
                          No social security. No public welfare. No big corporate farms providing a consistent supply of food. No public schooling beyond about 8th grade. No interstate highway system. No air/seaports. Greatly reduced interstate and international commerce. No real healthcare - illnesses and deaths were largely viewed as "God's will". A military that got by on state militias and the hunting rifles of soldiers. In short - a poorer, dumber, more rural population, that tended to die much younger. OK for 1817, not so great in 2017.

But yeah, what have taxes ever done for society?

Comment

Working...
                          X