Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's comical how people like you think it isn't rationed already.
    So people that can pay should wait while people who can't go first?

Does Tesla use that method to move their cars?
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      So people that can pay should wait while people who can't go first?

Does Tesla use that method to move their cars?
      That's not exactly how it works either.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        It's comical how people like you think it isn't rationed already.
        Who said that I didn't know that? The article, if you read it, pointed out the differences on how it is rationed between a nationalized system and one that is not.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Who said that I didn't know that? The article, if you read it, pointed out the differences on how it is rationed between a nationalized system and one that is not.
          OK, Joe, but what is your point? Are you saying one is better?

Comment

A couple of thoughts:

1) Does anybody out here have any juice with the Kuwaiti royal family? I think a few years in an Arab prison might help mookie build some character.

2) Saw Lindsey Graham's ridiculous restart of Trumpcare and it smacks of "hey look at me" grandstanding. Is the Senate really going to waste the rest of the year on this? Some knuck' in the House had it right - McCain wasn't the deciding vote by choice but rather by design. There were probably a half dozen other GOP Senators who wanted that bill to fail, but they let him take the heat since at this point he's pretty much unassailable given that he's terminally ill. If they want to make Heller walk the plank once again, continue to drive Murkowski and Collins away from the rest of the caucus, and all the other negative headlines, then Itch by all means have another go at it. I still don't understand how any Senate legislation gets reconciled with the House which is adamant about cutting Medicaid to pay for billionaires tax cuts.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Idle thought experiment for AK (?) and ME experts: if Murkowski and Collins switched parties would they survive re-election?

Remember that in the 90s when the Dems were a national joke and the GOP was on the rise several house members and at least one senator (the CO injun I forget his name) went Judas for sweet, sweet committee assignments.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Idle thought experiment for AK (?) and ME experts: if Murkowski and Collins switched parties would they survive re-election?

Remember that in the 90s when the Dems were a national joke and the GOP was on the rise several house members and at least one senator (the CO injun I forget his name) went Judas for sweet, sweet committee assignments.
                There is a lot of talk that Collins plans to run for governor of Maine in 2018. Not sure how true that is but it could explain some things. Murkowski has already stated she's not up again until 2022 so she's not too concerned about Trump targeting here.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                  There is a lot of talk that Collins plans to run for governor of Maine in 2018. Not sure how true that is but it could explain some things. Murkowski has already stated she's not up again until 2022 so she's not too concerned about Trump targeting here.
                  What is the chance for a Dem winning Collins' open seat election?
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ben Nighthorse-Campbell? He definitely should have been a football player or something with that name, missed his calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Dems have struggled in statewide elections the last 10 years or so in Maine(unless you count Angus as a dem.) If Baldacci came out of retirement and ran he might have a shot. I'm not sure who else they could run who would have much of a chance. Where Collins is getting a lot of attention in the senate right now I would think there is a decent chance she stays.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        Dems have struggled in statewide elections the last 10 years or so in Maine(unless you count Angus as a dem.)
                        Why is this? Why is Maine significantly more conservative than Vermont and New Hampshire? Is it just that it's more rural -- an Oregon without a Portland (ironically)?
                        Cornell University

Comment

I think the governor (which in this case would be her) might get to appoint the replacement for the remainder of the term. She's up again in 2020.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Why is this? Why is Maine significantly more conservative than Vermont and New Hampshire? Is it just that it's more rural -- an Oregon without a Portland (ironically)?
                            Nah, Maine is more liberal than conservative. It's overall very independent though and I would say there is a lot less party loyalty than other areas. The big thing in the last 10 years is the dems have run a lot of poor candidates and a lot of the races have had viable third party candidates. It seems to me moderate dems have trouble in the primaries so leave the party.
                            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Maine's rural areas are struggling economically. Up until the rise of the tea party, the Democrats dominated the Maine Senate and House for 40 years or so. Since that time, the struggling rural areas have lurched right. Maine's second district (more rural/conservative district) had been represented by a democrat in the house 1995-2015 (until Mike Michaud ran for governor).

If you look at Presidential elections, A republican hasn't won the statewide vote in Maine since 1988. So I don't think it's that a Democrat can't win a statewide election. (LePage won his first term with 37 percent of the vote because there was a strong left-leaning independent running). The problem is Maine's got a weak pool of local Democrats that appeal statewide (progressive enough for the first district and populist enough for the second).

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                I think the governor (which in this case would be her) might get to appoint the replacement for the remainder of the term.
                                I thought typically the governor could only appoint until the next even year election, then you had a special election that filled the seat until the normal end of the term, and then you got back on schedule.

But it's state constitution so every state can do it however they want as long as they are in compliance with the "republican government" guarantee clause of the US Constitution.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X