Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Well the Dems can avoid that problem if they actually put forth a candidate half the party wont dislike
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Well the Dems can avoid that problem if they actually put forth a candidate half the party wont dislike
      I don't see that happening. Based on the last 4 Democratic Nominees they've only hit on one. That gives them a 25% chance.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I don't see that happening. Based on the last 4 Democratic Nominees they've only hit on one. That gives them a 25% chance.
        There's nobody hated waiting in the wings. We'd have to nominate Kathy Griffin to be as tone deaf as last time.

Assuming the Tyro Turd Tyrant survives the GOP renom, we just have to run somebody people aren't already sick to death of. That only takes a handful of names off the table: Bernie, Dean, any prior nominee. Maybe Handsome Joe, though there I'd say the problem is age. Other than they the field is open for new blood. We know the Echo Chamber will have their smearing gloves on, but at least make them start from scratch.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          Assuming the Tyro Turd Tyrant survives the GOP renom,
          Franklin Pierce, right? The only person ever elected President who then became so hated by his party that he failed to be nominated the next time?
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Franklin Pierce, right? The only person ever elected President who then became so hated by his party that he failed to be nominated the next time?
            Correct, the only one elected president. Four others have been sitting president but lost the nom, but they all succeeded to the presidency without election (which is a lot more believable why they couldn't swing the next nom).

All 5 of those happened within one adult lifetime (1844 - 1884). Those were very interesting times for the presidency, and the Civil War being dead solid in the middle of the interval says something about the consequences of an unstable executive for the country.

(I mean, it also says don't own human beings, nature will skull f-ck you from Natchez to Savannah and you will richly deserve it.)

In 1889 there had been 16 presidents in the prior 50 years (#8-23). By comparison, in 2017 there have been 10 in the prior 50 (#36-45) -- 6 fewer.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-06-2017, 01:44 PM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

There's nobody hated waiting in the wings. We'd have to nominate Kathy Griffin to be as tone deaf as last time.

Assuming the Tyro Turd Tyrant survives the GOP renom, we just have to run somebody people aren't already sick to death of. That only takes a handful of names off the table: Bernie, Dean, any prior nominee. Maybe Handsome Joe, though there I'd say the problem is age. Other than they the field is open for new blood. We know the Echo Chamber will have their smearing gloves on, but at least make them start from scratch.
              We'll see. Handy hates Booker already and thinks Klobuchar can't win. Everyone seems to like Franken, but Franken will instill the greatest bile imaginable from the other side.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Everyone seems to like Franken, but Franken will instill the greatest bile imaginable from the other side.
                That would actually be glorious, because the alt-reich would so quickly degenerate from "The Elites" to (((the elites))) to "Jewish banksters " to DUH JEWZ!!!1!

We've already seen the GOP get the most from 'phobes, racists and sexists. May as well let their anti-Semites get a turn.
                Cornell University

Comment

Getting back to the Nevada experiment, this is something Dems absolutely should run on next year in state races. Big complaint about the ACA is if you make a little too much money for subsidies insurance is pricey in many areas. Having competition with a Medicaid accomplishes several things. First, it unites the various wings of the Dems. This is a step towards single payer but it also has an immediate impact of improving access to affordable insurance. Second it puts knuckledraggers in a tough spot, much like the original decision to accept the Medicaid expansion split the Kasichs and Sandovals of the world vs the Rick Scotts and Paul LePages.

Dems need to ease off on grand policy proposals on a federal level next year and concentrate on Trump stupidity. However on a state level this is something they can enact on their own and should coalesce behind.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

That would actually be glorious, because the alt-reich would so quickly degenerate from "The Elites" to (((the elites))) to "Jewish banksters " to DUH JEWZ!!!1!

We've already seen the GOP get the most from 'phobes, racists and sexists. May as well let their anti-Semites get a turn.
                    Yeah, well, if the add the 'phobes, racists, and sexists to the anti-Semites how many is that? Cause they've been winning. A lot.

Comment

Yeah, well, if the add the 'phobes, racists, and sexists to the anti-Semites how many is that? Cause they've been winning. A lot.
                      But they're all* solid GOP votes anyway. We lose nothing, and we expose the party as the scumbuckets they are.

* The anti-Semites sometimes peel off on a quest for a minarchy where the currency is denominated by a combination of Krugerrands, ammo, and potassium iodine caplets
                      Last edited by Kepler; 06-06-2017, 03:07 PM.
                      Cornell University

Comment

But they're all solid GOP votes anyway. We lose nothing, and we expose the party as the scumbuckets they are.
                        That's the theory that I hope is finally tested for good in 2018 and 2020. Frankly, this lesson should have been learned with Nader.

Comment

We'll see. Handy hates Booker already and thinks Klobuchar can't win. Everyone seems to like Franken, but Franken will instill the greatest bile imaginable from the other side.
                          I have hated Booker for a while and you are doubling down on the Derp if you put him forth. They wont be as nice to him as they were to Obama because he runs his mouth. (which is what I like about him oddly)

You are on crack if you think Klobuchar has any chance.

Thankfully there are more candidates than the 3 you can name
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            Getting back to the Nevada experiment, this is something Dems absolutely should run on next year in state races. Big complaint about the ACA is if you make a little too much money for subsidies insurance is pricey in many areas. Having competition with a Medicaid accomplishes several things. First, it unites the various wings of the Dems. This is a step towards single payer but it also has an immediate impact of improving access to affordable insurance. Second it puts knuckledraggers in a tough spot, much like the original decision to accept the Medicaid expansion split the Kasichs and Sandovals of the world vs the Rick Scotts and Paul LePages.

Dems need to ease off on grand policy proposals on a federal level next year and concentrate on Trump stupidity. However on a state level this is something they can enact on their own and should coalesce behind.
                            Yep. Let the Liar in Chief destroy himself on the Federal level and just go after his policies at the State level. Fight the Derps on their own turf and make them answer to their own people.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I have hated Booker for a while and you are doubling down on the Derp if you put him forth. They wont be as nice to him as they were to Obama because he runs his mouth. (which is what I like about him oddly)

You are on crack if you think Klobuchar has any chance.

Thankfully there are more candidates than the 3 you can name
                              Al Gore. John Kerry. Mrs. Hillary Clinton. And that's just since 2000. We'll see.

Comment

All 3 of whom were "The Heir Apparent". Just like Bob Dole and John McCain as well.
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X