Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rover
    replied
    Re: The PPACA Thread Part V: Doctor! Doctor! Give me the news!

McCain just came out opposed to the bill

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    That means Murkowski was a no either way. This deal is dead in the water...

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Oofa, the vise strike again: to bribe Murkowski he'd have lost the Freedummies.

My God, the GOP is more f-cked than anything I've seen in the last 40 years as a Democrat or even a Mets fan.
    I'm just surprised they thought low-density states needed their own system. I was made to understand that if they were allowed to set up their own system for just themselves, without us big state people and our welfare queens and minorities and crazy beards, then the sky would be the limit to what they could accomplish with their own ingenuity and bootstrappiness.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    Oofa, the vise strike again: to bribe Murkowski he'd have lost the Freedummies.

My God, the GOP is more f-cked than anything I've seen in the last 40 years as a Democrat or even a Mets fan.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    They bribed her last time and she said no.
    And the bribe is gone: http://www.thedailybeast.com/senator...alth-care-bill

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Rover View Post
    With Rand Paul and Trump, there seems to be a definite movement to humiliate Itch. I've read the WH is ambivalent about this latest effort, but from their perspective they're probably thinking win-win. Either they get something passed, or they broadcast just how impotent McConnell is as majority leader. Perfect scapegoat for the next time Chump has to cut a deal with Schumer.
    Exactly. This is Trump's ideal scenario because he lives to humiliate his enemies and this week Mitch is his enemy. I assume if Yertle went full Romney dinner and posed for pics sucking Donald off and not wiping, he'd be back in His Majesty's good graces the next day. Such is a courtier's life at Versailles.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    To the contrary, McCain doesn't have to worry about re-election, because odds are he won't be alive in 2022. So he could actually make the right decision and vote no again.
    If Arizona is coming out on the negative side of the deal he should absolutely vote no. I don't trust him at all though. In fact no Democrat will vote for this and any Republican that does and loses money on it should be prone to lose the next election. Unfortunately the electorate is too ****ing stupid to know anyway.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied

To the contrary, McCain doesn't have to worry about re-election, because odds are he won't be alive in 2022. So he could actually make the right decision and vote no again.

Leave a comment:

• Rover
    replied

With Rand Paul and Trump, there seems to be a definite movement to humiliate Itch. I've read the WH is ambivalent about this latest effort, but from their perspective they're probably thinking win-win. Either they get something passed, or they broadcast just how impotent McConnell is as majority leader. Perfect scapegoat for the next time Chump has to cut a deal with Schumer.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    The guy is basically on death's door so it's not like he needs to be too worried about his constituents in AZ.
    I didn't trust him when he was healthy, either. He's just too volatile. He has some combination of a screw loose and a hair us his as-s.

Leave a comment:

• trixR4kids
    replied

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I do not trust McCain
    The guy is basically on death's door so it's not like he needs to be too worried about his constituents in AZ.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah...this makes no sense from the GOP side. If they had the votes they would debate and vote ASAP. This debate stalls that out.

If I had to guess even if Murkowski flips they are still below the threshold. Rand is out for sure. McCain isnt going to stand by and watch Arizona lose like $11 billion and we know for sure Collins is out.
    I do not trust McCain, but Rand may save the day and shiv both Dump and Yertle.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

But again, it doesn't seem like you'd agree to this if you already were at 50 votes. You wouldn't even bother.
    Yeah...this makes no sense from the GOP side. If they had the votes they would debate and vote ASAP. This debate stalls that out.

If I had to guess even if Murkowski flips they are still below the threshold. Rand is out for sure. McCain isnt going to stand by and watch Arizona lose like $11 billion and we know for sure Collins is out.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    They're bribing Murkowski by letting Alaska keep Obamacare and the Medicaid expansion while everyone else dies. There's 50.
    They bribed her last time and she said no.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Might not need McCain if Rand Paul sticks to his guns. A big if but the guy is a loon and hates Itch.
    Dump made things worse by pitching a fit this morning and throwing shade on Paul. Aqua Buddha responded by claiming Cassidy actually saves Obamacare and no sir, he will not rest until health care has been pried from every Poor's cold, dead fingers.

His Randian anti-statist woody is visible from space.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X