• Show
Clear All

Re: 20 years of Simpsons... Some fave quotes

Bart, "Well sorry for being born!"
    Homer, "I've been waiting so long to hear that."

Krusty while dropping bills, "This will cover what I did to the fireplace."

Comment

This whole mission is as useless as that yellow, lemon-shaped rock over there.

Hey, there's a lemon behind that rock!
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Abe: You're living in a fool's paradise VanHouten! If you fell down in the shower that thing would be your tomb!
        Abe: Now, my story begins in 19-dickety-two. We had to say "dickety" 'cause that Kaiser had stolen our word "twenty". I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles...
        Martin: "Dickety"? Highly dubious!
        Abe: What're you cackling at, fatty? Too much pie, that's your problem! Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet.
        Mrs.K: "Terlet"? Hah!
        Abe: Stop your snickerin'! I spent three years on that terlet!
        2005 Crowder Award Winner
        Charter Member of the "Ask a Yankee Fan" Thread

"hey safety school, think of it this way. BC girls wear superfan shirts because they wear them tight and look hot. BU girls wear jersies and face paint to cover up their fat, ugly bodies. quite frankly, i wear my jersies to games and I enjoy seeing the girls who don't." - SteveF

"Giants Stadium...you thought I was never comin' back!?!" - #92 Michael Strahan

GIANTS!
        2008 NFC East Champions

Comment

Bart: So to win Greta back, I have to go to Toronto.
          Homer: Canada? Why should we leave America to visit America Junior?
          Twitter: DanMountSports
          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

[Bart's looking for his dog]
            Willy: Yeah, I bought your mutt - and I 'ate 'im.
            [Bart gasps]
            Willy: I 'ate 'is little face, I 'ate 'is guts, and I 'ate the way 'e's always barkin'. So I gave 'im to the church.
            Bart: Ohhh, I see... you HATE him, so you gave him to the church.
            Willy: Aye. I also 'ate the mess he left on me rug.
            [Bart stares]
            Willy: Ya heard me.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Kent Brockman at the St. Patrick's Day Parade: "Top o' the mornin' to ye on this gray, drizzly afternoon. Kent O' Brockman live on Main Street, where today, everyone is a little bit Irish! Everyone except, of course, for the gays and Italians."

Grandpa: "Big deal! When I was a pup, we got spanked by presidents 'til the cows came home! Grover Cleveland spanked me on two non-consecutive occasions!"

Comment

Kent: With our utter annihilation imminent, our federal government has snapped into action. We go live now via satellite to the floor of the United States congress.
                Speaker: Then it is unanimous, we are going to approve the bill to evacuate the town of Springfield in the great state of --
                Congressman: Wait a minute, I want to tack on a rider to that bill: $30 million of taxpayer money to support the perverted arts.
                Speaker: All in favor of the amended Springfield-slash-pervert bill? [everyone boos]
                Speaker: Bill defeated. [bangs gavel]
                Kent: I've said it before and I'll say it again: democracy simply doesn't work.

Comment

Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
                  Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
                  Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
                  Homer: Uh-huh.
                  Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
                  Homer: Mm-Hmm.
                  Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
                  Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
                  Hank Scorpio: That's right.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

(Bart and Lisa are reading brochures about Kamp Krusty)
                    Marge: Homer, you do remember your promise to the children?
                    Homer: Sure do! When you're 18, you're out the door!
                    This space for rent... cheap!

Comment

• Re: 20 years of Simpsons... Some fave quotes

Bart: How do I go about making a half-man, half monkey type creature?
                      Mrs. Krabapple: I'm sorry, Bart, but that would be playing God.
                      Bart: God, schmod; I want my monkey man!

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Kent Brockman at the St. Patrick's Day Parade: "Top o' the mornin' to ye on this gray, drizzly afternoon. Kent O' Brockman live on Main Street, where today, everyone is a little bit Irish! Everyone except, of course, for the gays and Italians."
                        "Freeze you filthy Eye-talians....oh that's right, filthy Eye-talian-Amercians."

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          Hank Scorpio: Uh, hi, Homer. What can I do for you?
                          Homer: Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.
                          Hank Scorpio: Hammocks? My goodness, what an idea. Why didn't I think of that? Hammocks! Homer, there's four places. There's the Hammock Hut, that's on third.
                          Homer: Uh-huh.
                          Hank Scorpio: There's Hammocks-R-Us, that's on third too. You got Put-Your-Butt-There.
                          Homer: Mm-Hmm.
                          Hank Scorpio: That's on third. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot... Matter of fact, they're all in the same complex; it's the hammock complex on third.
                          Homer: Oh, the hammock district!
                          Hank Scorpio: That's right.
                          One of the best. The closing theme, to the tune of "Goldfinger":

Scorpio!
                          He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth.
                          Beware of Scorpio!
                          His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world
                          And his employees' health.
                          He'll welcome you into his lair,
                          Like the nobleman welcomes his guest.
                          With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest!
                          But beware of his generous pensions,
                          Plus three weeks paid vacation each year,
                          And on Fridays the lunchroom serves hot dogs and burgers and beer!
                          He loves German beer!

"The game of hockey, though much in vogue on the ice in New England and other parts of the United States, is not much known here."

--The Montreal Gazette, March 4, 1875.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                            From the episode where Homer saves the power plant from a meltdown...

Burns: I guess there's nothing else to do now but kiss my *** goodbye.

Smithers: I just wanted to say I love you, sir.

Burns: Well thank you for making my last few moments on Earth socially awkward.
                            from homer kong (halloween episode)

Mr. Burns: [about bringing Marge along on their voyage] What do you think, Smithers?
                            Smithers: I think women and sea men don't mix, sir.
                            Mr. Burns: We all know what you think.
                            “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                            Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                            Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                            National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Marge, your pro-mop anti-horse agenda has been clear for some time now

Miss Hoover: this is nothing but dead white-male bashing from a PC thug. It's women like you that keep the rest of us from landing a husband!!

you've got to hand it to those dolphins, they just wanted it more
                              Last edited by jen; 01-26-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

(early Simpsons)
                                Burns: Make yourselves at home
                                Bart: Here that, dad? You can lie around in your underwear and scratch yourself.
                                This space for rent... cheap!

Comment

Working...
                                X