Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Some not so light chop
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

A buoy near Munising just recorded the highest wave ever recorded by a great lakes buoy (30 years of incomplete records). 28.8 feet and building.
      An attempted water rescue is underway in Marquette. Some Presque Isle tourists got washed in.
      I'm going out this afternoon to get some pics but have no intention of getting that close.
      Last edited by geezer; 10-24-2017, 03:14 PM.
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
        A buoy near Munising just recorded the highest wave ever recorded by a great lakes buoy (30 years of incomplete records). 28.8 feet and building.
        An attempted water rescue is underway in Marquette. Some Presque Isle tourists got washed in.
        I'm going out this afternoon to get some pics but have no intention of getting that close.
        I read this and thought what kind of insane person would be ON the lake today, so I checked, and found this. Theory is apparently they fell in from on shore. Seems unconfirmed yet but if the CG is out there in this weather it's obviously serious.

Water temp is what? Probably 50 degrees or so right now? That plus 30 ft. waves -- in the lake is definitely not a good place to be.
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          -- in the lake is definitely not a good place to be.
          At this point its called looking for bodies. Huge water is unforgiving
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I'm sorry, but the whole deal I MQT today was just Darwinism at work. I've stood at the exact spot where this went down and it was just flat out stupid to be put there in today's conditions. It's cold, but I have no sympathy.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              Holy crap. I've stood on those rocks before.

http://eagleharborcam.com/
              looks as though one could still be standing on them!
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                THANK YOU!!!!!

my mum has just found a drawer full of plss that my 3 yr old brother has

Comment

After being advised to google "Weather Wars" I was quickly able to learn that our windstorm was initiated by the same secret globalist military cabal that has been setting off earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and even the CA wildfires (that one by "microwaves"). Enlightening.
                  ... they have also been messing with the course and flow volume of the mighty Mississippi. There oughta be a law.
                  Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                  USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                    After being advised to google "Weather Wars" I was quickly able to learn that our windstorm was initiated by the same secret globalist military cabal that has been setting off earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, and even the CA wildfires (that one by "microwaves"). Enlightening.
                    ... they have also been messing with the course and flow volume of the mighty Mississippi. There oughta be a law.
                    Nothing like taking the basic plot of Michael Crichton's State of Fear and turning it into fake news.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Nothing like taking the basic plot of Michael Crichton's State of Fear and turning it into fake news.
                      mookie loves those movies on SyFy!!!!! 'cept when the special effects are just special needs (unless they involve a flying shark, of course )

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        mookie loves those movies on SyFy!!!!!
                        Those movies are awesome. The PhD is always smoking hot, the absent father is always trying to reconnect with his surly son, and there's always a wacky black character for comic relief.

On SyFy it's always the 80s.

And every scene, no matter whether it's set in Hawaii or New York City, looks suspiciously like Vancouver.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 10-26-2017, 09:23 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Didn’t we crack the alphabet a few years back?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Didn’t we crack the alphabet a few years back?
                              Yes, they went to Greek letters in 2005.

Comment

TS Rina http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at4...?cone#contents
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X