Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by geezer View Post
    Lake Superior is very near all-time record high levels, and with the gales of November come early today it's building to 20-footers and maybe beyond. It's already blowing pretty hard and the gusts could get up over 60 mph. I'm heading to the lake this afternoon to watch the trees (hopefully not cabins) get sucked down.
    Know of any good webcams up that way?
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Know of any good webcams up that way?
      I just checked the Copper Harbor cam, it's been out since yesterday evening. It looks like the Sunset Bay (Ahmeek/5 mile pt) still cam is still up: https://www.pasty.com/bridge/bridge_picture.asp
      Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
      USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

I just checked the Copper Harbor cam, it's been out since yesterday evening. It looks like the Sunset Bay (Ahmeek/5 mile pt) still cam is still up: https://www.pasty.com/bridge/bridge_picture.asp
        https://www.pasty.com/~sunset-bay/im...g?101508854673

Holy ****.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          This storm is going to rearrange McLain State Park in a big way. The last big fall storm a couple years ago, they lost about 50 feet of the bluff including the road; this one could get close to the cabins. The water's still so high and you add these waves...
          Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.

Comment

http://wxug.us/25mlh

As much as I hate Wunderground and what it's become, they do have a nice way to find webcams that I totally forgot about.
            Code:

Comment

Lake Superior is very near all-time record high levels, and with the gales of November come early today it's building to 20-footers and maybe beyond.
              T'is the witch of November come stealin'.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Holy crap. I've stood on those rocks before.

http://eagleharborcam.com/
                Code:

Comment

Fellas, it's been good t'know ya.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Too soon
                    Code:

Comment

Could someone explain to an easterner what the recent posts are about?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Could someone explain to an easterner what the recent posts are about?
                        Great Lakes experiencing strong winds, leading to high "seas".

Comment

Originally posted by hockeyplayer1015 View Post
                          Great Lakes experiencing strong winds, leading to high "seas".
                          I take it then that that is unusual.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                            Not as unusual as a hurricane in NYC.

I wonder how good is the surfing??
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              On the great lakes, anything over 10 footers is unusual - maybe 2-3 times/year. Today's 20-25-footers (forecast) happen maybe once in 3 years. When combined with near-record-high water levels, there is a lot of lawn and campgrounds and whatnot right on the lake that will be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                                I'm just surprised you haven't heard about it because the legend lives on from the Chippewa on down of the big lake they called 'gitche gumee'. The lake, it is said, never gives up her dead when the skies of November turn gloomy.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X