Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

What/where was the L storm? We had H (Harvey), I (Irma), J (Jose), K (Katia), and M (Maria). Was L a Pacific Ocean storm?

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      What/where was the L storm? We had H (Harvey), I (Irma), J (Jose), K (Katia), and M (Maria). Was L a Pacific Ocean storm?
      You mean Hurricane Lee? It's out in the middle of the Atlantic. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Lee

There is a separate name list for the Eastern Pacific. They are currently up to the letter P, as Tropical Storm Pilar is very close to the southwest coast of Mexico.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

A month after Harvey and when my nieces were supposed to start school, they were off to their first day of 3rd grade today. They walked down the streets, still lined with the demolished interiors of neighborhood homes, to the park next to their school that was flooded. There, they were greeted by charter buses (the Houston school district is low on school buses) to take them and their classmates to a school a few miles away.

This is the reality in a middle class/upper middle class section of Houston a month later, I can't imagine the reality faced by poorer areas or the parts of the Caribbean that have basically been destroyed.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G
        7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
        6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
        5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
        5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
        2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
        2 Alaskan

Comment

Tropical Depression 16 has formed in the southwestern Caribbean. It could be a threat to the Gulf this weekend.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Sixteen
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

You know it's been a pretty epic hurricane season when a strong category 1 hurricane making landfall on the gulf coast doesn't get a mention in this thread.

Comment

TS Ophelia

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2...?cone#contents
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                Women drivers
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                  In Soviet Russia, Ophelia drowns hamlet.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    OH! That was good.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It looks like it will drown Ireland as a post-tropical hurricane instead. http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at2...?cone#contents.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

How often does a hurricane hit GB?
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            How often does a hurricane hit GB?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Lake Superior is very near all-time record high levels, and with the gales of November come early today it's building to 20-footers and maybe beyond. It's already blowing pretty hard and the gusts could get up over 60 mph. I'm heading to the lake this afternoon to watch the trees (hopefully not cabins) get sucked down.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X