Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    bigblue_dl posted this on one my Facebook posts: https://twitter.com/JJWatt

JJ Watt had pledged to match every dollar donated to his charity to help Houston. It's at $4.25 million right now and he's figuratively doubled down on his match commitment. His new goal is $5 million.
    Titans owner chipped in $1 million.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

This will probably turn up as fake too, but incredible if it isn't:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/houston/com...winnie_tx_6pm/

Edit: Looks to be real or this is one HELL of a good edit job on the video
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ7mHjVQtdo&sns=tw
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

It wouldn't surprise me, that area has been getting hit hard for past 24-36 hours or so.

Looks like we are past the rain finally. Had a sunset this evening, first we have really seen the sun since Thursday night.

Water levels look like they are starting to recede. I would guess we peaked around 7-8' above normal. I hope I never live to see in the neighborhood of 4 feet of rain in less than a week ever again. Incredibly fortunate that I never felt I was in a dangerous situation, so many others can't say the same.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Atlantic Hurricane Season: Non-Minnesotans arguing about the weather...

Grandmother in Arlington checking on her daughter in Beaumont gets help from 9-1-1 in Beaumont Alberta.

“It’s the Canadian way.”
          Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            This is why I laugh when people criticize NIMBY. NIMBY means your kids don't grow up with two heads.
            True. But NIMBY also means that we're not storing nuclear waste in Nevada like we should. And that's bad. And the place in Nevada isn't even anyone's backyard but NIMBY turned into not in my State.

What happens if one of these coastal Nuclear Plants with all these spent rods gets hit by one of these storms like this chemical plant is in Houston?
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              True. But NIMBY also means that we're not storing nuclear waste in Nevada like we should. And that's bad. And the place in Nevada isn't even anyone's backyard but NIMBY turned into not in my State.
              Which is why I am not defending NIMS.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That is real.

Did you see the fake shark one yet? That Photoshop was apparently recycled from Irene.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

What happens if one of these coastal Nuclear Plants with all these spent rods gets hit by one of these storms like this chemical plant is in Houston?
                  Shoot the waste into the sun.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Shoot the waste into the sun.
                    We're going to find a use for it eventually. Petroleum started out as a waste product. So did plastic.

I vote until then we spread word that the Bible never mentions "radiation." The slave states will assume atomic theory is a liberal plot and start hosting dump sites.

This will solve many problems.
                    Last edited by Kepler; 08-30-2017, 10:21 AM.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      did that blow up yet?
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                        Titans owner chipped in $1 million.
                        Also,

Cowboys, Texans to donate preseason game proceeds to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts.

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dal...e-6-pm-tonight
                        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          did that blow up yet?
                          No. But, it's likely it will.

http://nypost.com/2017/08/30/residen...ant-explosion/
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

TS Irma

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1...?cone#contents
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

There's enough fissioning spent fuel sitting in "temporary" cooling tanks to destroy earth hundreds of times over if/when the power goes out for a few days due to terrorist act or solar storm or whatever. Seems like the most likely world-ender for this century, unless we put it away.
                              Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                              USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                                There's enough fissioning spent fuel sitting in "temporary" cooling tanks to destroy earth hundreds of times over if/when the power goes out for a few days due to terrorist act or solar storm or whatever. Seems like the most likely world-ender for this century, unless we put it away.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwY2E0hjGuU

Yes. And it's a problem with a solution that has been kicked down the road over and over again. This is just another thing where the Federal Government has failed it's people. This one is on Democrats as much as Republicans.

Comment

Working...
                                X