Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The British Parliamentary election of June 8. Will she stay or go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The British Parliamentary election of June 8. Will she stay or go?

Lol just saw that the UK is supposed to start Brexit negotiations next week. "Who is your leader?" "We'll get back to you..."
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

BTW Jeremy Corbyn deserves a medal for pulling this result despite most of the MPs and leadership in his party desperately trying to undercut him the whole way.
      I spell Failure with UAF

But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

The Tories will now need the help of the Democratic Unionist Party from Northern Ireland to form a majority coalition. The DUP manifesto reads like a Republican Party platform in an Irish accent. Hate to see what they'll wring out of the Tories.
        I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

@malonebarry: That candidate in the middle (running against Theresa May) is called "Lord Buckethead". God bless you, British politics. https://twitter.com/malonebarry/stat...862146/photo/1
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
            @malonebarry: That candidate in the middle (running against Theresa May) is called "Lord Buckethead". God bless you, British politics. https://twitter.com/malonebarry/stat...862146/photo/1
            We should absolutely have a Silly Party just to remind us of the utter idiocy of the entire exercise.

Plus maybe every once in a while in a very minor election they'd win.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              We should absolutely have a Silly Party just to remind us of the utter idiocy of the entire exercise.

Plus maybe every once in a while in a very minor election they'd win.
              Except we don't have a public gathering of the candidates to hear the results. Do we need that?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Except we don't have a public gathering of the candidates to hear the results. Do we need that?
                Yes.

F-ck yes.
                Cornell University
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  BTW Jeremy Corbyn deserves a medal for pulling this result despite most of the MPs and leadership in his party desperately trying to undercut him the whole way.
                  Agreed. I give the guy a lot of credit particularly on the terrorism issue. Instead of just taking flack as many on the left do, he cleverly turned it around by pointing out how many police officers May had cut over the last 6 years. I heard #'s upwards of 20,000. Not exactly the best way to keep the country safe.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    Agreed. I give the guy a lot of credit particularly on the terrorism issue. Instead of just taking flack as many on the left do, he cleverly turned it around by pointing out how many police officers May had cut over the last 6 years. I heard #'s upwards of 20,000. Not exactly the best way to keep the country safe.
                    Hillary should have shoved the Republicans' BENGHAZI!!1!1 security cuts down their fat faces. I will never understand how she could not have been out there hammering them every second of the day.
                    Cornell University

Comment

Two globalists running, but riots threatened if May wins... combined with the Islamic terror, it sounds like the perfect scenario to up the police state... May wins this.

Comment

Ah - the British tabloids!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ning-standard/
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Is George Osborne some sort of Labour Rupert Murdoch?

Edit: Nope, he's a Troy rival of May. Man, that's cold.

Meanwhile, the Mirror led with Rihanna's boobs. <-- possibly nsfw if your optical recognition software is REALLY good.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-09-2017, 01:21 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Meanwhile, the Mirror led with Rihanna's boobs. <-- possibly nsfw if your optical recognition software is REALLY good.
                            Scroll further down and you can discover the ficky-ficky boom boom on the Ryanair flight out of Manchester.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Scroll further down and you can discover the ficky-ficky boom boom on the Ryanair flight out of Manchester.
                              The Brits. And we think of them as sophisticated.
                              Cornell University

Comment

This article breaking down the Tories new friends the DUP was interesting. Some lovely folks:
                                The 50-year-old son of the party’s founder Rev Ian Paisley has previously triggered outrage over his anti-gay views.

In a 2007 interview, he said: “I am pretty repulsed by gay and lesbianism. I think it is wrong.

“I think that those people harm themselves and - without caring about it - harm society.

“That doesn’t mean to say that I hate them. I mean, I hate what they do.”

A year later, he said police “should shoot dissident republicans on sight”.
                                A member of the Orange Order and the Apprentice Boys of Derry, Mr Shannon, 61, has topped the Westminster expenses league.

Last year he was ordered to repay nearly £14,000 to Parliament in 2016 after an expenses probe by the spending watchdog.

The Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority found he was the highest claimant for staff constituency mileage in 2015.

It said “a number of errors” had been made by Mr Shannon, “leading to claims for constituency office mileage that would not be allowable”.

The Strangford MP’s claims were five times greater than the second highest claiming MP and 37 times greater than the average claim by all MPs.

But IPSA said there had been no fraud.
                                A former Northern Ireland Assembly Finance Minister, 64, he was recorded allegedly agreeing with a member of the public who said “get the ethnics out” last year.

Mr Wilson denied the claim.

In August 2009, he was again in hot water, this time with the Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities.

Mr Wilson had said that “jobs should go to people born in Northern Ireland before going to economic migrants”.

Following racist attacks on Romanian people in Belfast, he said that “charges of racism were always coincided with the holding out of the hand for more money”.
                                Another member of the Orange Order, Mr Simpson, 58, is Deputy Master of Loughgall District. He also believes in Creationism.

Opposing the Marriage (Same Sex Couples) Bill in February 2013, he told MPs: “This is not the jurisdiction of this House, this is not the jurisdiction of this Government of any European government or any government in the world.

“This is an ordained constitution of God, and that’ll end in ... ‘In the garden of Eden it was Adam and Eve it wasn’t Adam and Steve’.”

He has also backed the use of greater homeopathy in medical treatment.
                                The big thing with the DUP is they're pushing for a hard Brexit so there's a closed, controlled border between Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland, something most people don't want.
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Comment

Working...
                                X