Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Unofficial 2010 Brett Favre Retirement

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    I had the radio on during my drive home from work today...and they interrupted it for breaking news. For a few milliseconds I thought "uh oh, terror attack?" as you just never know...

...but nope. They informed me Favre was in camp. Breaking, indeed.
    This just in:

BrettFavre is relaxing with a cup of Earl Gray and writing out a rough draft of his post-SB comments.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
      Yeah. Probably about halfway between you and thebrain.

Edit: Or not. I thought he was in WBL. I'm in Vadnais.
      Used to be...But actually, yeah, Vadnais is about half-way between where I'm at in Woodbury and Blaine...

Comment

Jason Whitlock's take on the situation.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/i...tandard-081910

It's shockingly not what you would expect it to be. Although it is rife with the occasional incorrect fact.
        Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 08-19-2010, 11:38 AM.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Report: Brett Favre 'doesn't trust' Vikings coach Brad Childress; Player calls coach a liar

Comment

Ya know why no one cares about the Pioneer Press...because they can't even bother to do their own reporting they take stories that appear on Yahoo Sports and run with them. That paper is the biggest joke in the Twin Cities.

I also dont care if Favre hates Chilli and wishes he would die.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Ya know why no one cares about the Pioneer Press...because they can't even bother to do their own reporting they take stories that appear on Yahoo Sports and run with them. That paper is the biggest joke in the Twin Cities.

I also dont care if Favre hates Chilli and wishes he would die.
              Sorry...The Minneapolis Red Star and Sickle is an awful read...

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                Sorry...The Minneapolis Red Star and Sickle is an awful read...
                You won't hear an argument from me there but it run laps around the Press. (even with Fatboy Reusse ) Hell the Press can barely afford to have beat writers these days

I choose to make my own news, I find it much more interesting
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

You won't hear an argument from me there but it run laps around the Press. (even with Fatboy Reusse ) Hell the Press can barely afford to have beat writers these days

I choose to make my own news, I find it much more interesting
                  I'm a Pioneer Press guy and I do enjoy Reusse's columns.

Comment

Its nice to see Favre come back because its great for the Vikings-Packers rivalry. Without Favre, the Vikings would suck and the Pack would roll over them easily.
                    It will be interesting to see how Favre holds up this season. Im waiting for when then opposing defense decides to target Favre's ankles and/or shoulder or a lineman falls on his ankle and shatters it. I dont expect to see him put up the numbers he did last season, but it will be interesting to watch him try.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                    Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

This is not news. We knew this last year in the Carolina game. It will pop up a few times this year but it is not going to be a serious issue to the team.
                      tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                        Its nice to see Favre come back because its great for the Vikings-Packers rivalry. Without Favre, the Vikings would suck and the Pack would roll over them easily.
                        False. Packers suck.
                        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                          False. Packers suck.
                          You suck!!!!!
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            You suck!!!!!
                            YOUR FACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                              Packers rule, suckers!!!!
                              FYP
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

YOUR FACE SUCKS!!!!!!!!
                                YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
                                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Working...
                                X