Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Unofficial 2010 Brett Favre Retirement

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
    So what makes you believe Childress and his players?
    I dont necessarily believe Chilli, (though all of the other coaches said the same thing and I do believe most of them) but you can usually tell what players are thinking by the interviews they give. (not reading, listening) If they thought Favre was retiring the tenor of the interviews, the answers the gave, hell the reactions at all would have been vastly different. The day the story broke not one of them batted an eye (once again including the one person on the team who would know before anyone, Longwell) except Schianco when interviewed. You would think if the mysterious "text message" had gone out to the team like ESPN and the Strib were talking about that everyone would have some reaction. Sure they may say all the right things, but anyone with half a brain can tell when a player is being coy or hiding something, they all sounded fine, nice and calm.

I could be wrong of course, but the story I heard makes a heckuva lot more sense than the rest of the theories out there. If you were going to retire and tell your team don't you think you would send something a bit less cryptic than "This is it"? Don't you think you would tell your best friend when you talked to him instead of him finding out the next day on ESPN? Don't you think someone, ANYONE would be able to corroborate the story? I mean by 4 oclock the day the story broke not one player or coach had said they got the text.

Look I know you don't want to believe your friends in the media got duped, but best to just laugh about it and move on...I am sure Schianco has by now
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      I dont necessarily believe Chilli, (though all of the other coaches said the same thing and I do believe most of them) but you can usually tell what players are thinking by the interviews they give. (not reading, listening) If they thought Favre was retiring the tenor of the interviews, the answers the gave, hell the reactions at all would have been vastly different. The day the story broke not one of them batted an eye (once again including the one person on the team who would know before anyone, Longwell) except Schianco when interviewed. You would think if the mysterious "text message" had gone out to the team like ESPN and the Strib were talking about that everyone would have some reaction. Sure they may say all the right things, but anyone with half a brain can tell when a player is being coy or hiding something, they all sounded fine, nice and calm.

I could be wrong of course, but the story I heard makes a heckuva lot more sense than the rest of the theories out there. If you were going to retire and tell your team don't you think you would send something a bit less cryptic than "This is it"? Don't you think you would tell your best friend when you talked to him instead of him finding out the next day on ESPN? Don't you think someone, ANYONE would be able to corroborate the story? I mean by 4 oclock the day the story broke not one player or coach had said they got the text.

Look I know you don't want to believe your friends in the media got duped, but best to just laugh about it and move on...I am sure Schianco has by now
      You can't try rationally to understand an irrational person
      Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
        You can't try rationally to understand an irrational person
        You can if you yourself are irrational
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

http://www.twincities.com/ci_15720351

Report: Minnesota Vikings talked Brett Favre into reconsidering his retirement plans
          Pioneer Press
          Updated: 08/09/2010 01:20:02 PM CDT

Brett Favre decided not to announce his retirement last week after pleas from the Minnesota Vikings organization and players to reconsider, Foxsports.com reported today.

Comment

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AuEuYyfL0o?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3AuEuYyfL0o?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

So what day will we be seeing Chopper5 hovering over Holman Field and following an SUV driving down 94/394/169 to Winter Park?

Comment

I am going with Wednesday
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So what day will we be seeing Chopper5 hovering over Holman Field and following an SUV driving down 94/394/169 to Winter Park?
                  I'm going with trick question. It'll be Crystal...
                  Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                  Originally posted by Quizmire
                  mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                  MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                  MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                  I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

You have no idea how to get to Eden Prairie, do you? Only one of those roads is correct, and only if you're coming from Mankato.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      You have no idea how to get to Eden Prairie, do you? Only one of those roads is correct, and only if you're coming from Mankato.
                      I've only been there a couple times, and even I know it involves 494 / 212 and has nothing at all to do with 94/394.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Yes, I've been to Winter Park in fact. It's at 169/494. From the St. Paul Airport, you can take 94 to 394 to 169. They're done in Mankato and Brett ain't going to Mankato.
                        Last edited by thebrain; 08-16-2010, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Yes, I've been to Winter Park in fact. It's at 169/494. From the St. Paul Airport, you can take 94 to 394 to 169.
                          Why not just take 35E to 494?

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                            Why not just take 35E to 494?
                            Not sure...I'd take 35E to Highway 5 to 494, or just hop on 52 to 494, but I'm not Brad Childress.

Here's the video from last year... http://blogs.citypages.com/blotter/2...sotas_favr.php

Comment

Good lord, doesn't that video violate anti-stalking laws of some sort?

Comment

Yes, I've been to Winter Park in fact. It's at 169/494. From the St. Paul Airport, you can take 94 to 394 to 169. They're done in Mankato and Brett ain't going to Mankato.
                                Yes, you can, but why the hell would you? It's about as round-about as you can get and takes you on the worst tie-up roads in the metro.

Comment

Working...
                                X