Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Unofficial 2010 Brett Favre Retirement

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    I think it is funny when it is happening to MY team...way better than hearing about the usual training camp stuff

Watching everyone jump on his every word makes me laugh!
    And jumping on words that might not even be his own.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      In all fairness, he does have one point:

This is hilarious when it's not happening to your team.
      It's hilarious if it is your team, but you're able to look at all of this for what it is - entertainment. Right now, I'm highly entertained by all the Chicken Littles out there.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

BRILLIANT!!!

Here is a photo taken of a couple girls redwing was hitting on at the bar last night

*****http://beargoggleson.com/files/2009/09/packers-fans-of-the-day.jpg******
        That guy to the left is thinking, "Yeah....I'm gonna get me some of that!"

Comment

Who?

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

I think this also could be applied to BrettFavre courting the Vikings:

One year and leave. Don't be rude, but play the year out, say goodbye, walk out the door, get in your car, and go down the road....it's a moral test of yourself, whether or not you can maintain truthfulness. Because when people are truthful to each other, that's very meaningful.

So you're gonna go out there, play your game, say "Goodnight, I've had a very lovely career," go home, and jack off. And that's all you're gonna do.

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

http://www.jsonline.com/news/wisconsin/99934284.html

Brett Favre told ESPN's Ed Werder this morning that he plans to play during the forthcoming season for the Minnesota Vikings, if he's healthy, and that he never texted teammates or team officials to tell them that he would retire.
              I'm sure this was already posted somewhere else, but whatever...you can never get enough Bert Favor around here.
              I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

It's pretty obvious that some of Brett's Mississippi buddies were on a Vegas trip and somehow managed to send out the bogus text. Then while the blogosphere was awash with the handwringing and ESPN was running their Favre retrospective by replaying game highlights of the Packers, and later, Vikings, those guys were hitting the Sports Books in Vegas taking advantage of the new odds.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  It's pretty obvious that some of Brett's Mississippi buddies were on a Vegas trip and somehow managed to send out the bogus text. Then while the blogosphere was awash with the handwringing and ESPN was running their Favre retrospective by replaying game highlights of the Packers, and later, Vikings, those guys were hitting the Sports Books in Vegas taking advantage of the new odds.
                  The texts came from BrettFarve.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
                  And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
                  Twenty red lights in his honor
                  Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

It was fun to watch all the Packer Fans wet their pants over this
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Re: The Unofficial 2010 Brett Favre Retirement

It was fun to watch all the Packer Fans wet their pants over this
                      You referring to me?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                        You referring to me?
                        No...mostly redwing (a.k.a Mr. WRONG!) and a few others

You probably knew there was no way he was done
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                          Originally posted by BrettFavre
                          Oh, yeah... and they sent those texts to Jenn Sterger, as well, those rapscallions... uh huh. That explains everything. Now who wants to see me gunslingin'?
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

You probably knew there was no way he was done
                            I'll believe he's done when I see it.

Same as last year for me...I hope he plays. Makes things far more interesting. The drama is certainly entertaining again, though, which is no different than when he was in Green Bay.

Comment

Yeah, I think this is absolutely hilarious as well. Keep in mind though, if you are going to like football even the slightest bit and are a Minnesotan, you'd better have a sense of humor.
                              the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                                if you are going to like football even the slightest bit and are a Minnesotan, you'd better have a sense of humor.
                                That, and you're better off growing up as a Packer fan. Thank God my parents raised me right. I really dodged a bullet on that one.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X