Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Unofficial 2010 Brett Favre Retirement

Originally posted by MW4Bucky&SNC View Post
    And now the real fun begins. Enjoy the next 6 months Vikings' fans. He's all yours!
    I don't care if he comes to camp and neither should the Vikings. He's Brett Favre. Just tell us if you want to play or not.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I think the Vikings will go after Donovan McNabb. It sounds like he's on his way out in Philly, the Vikings have nothing else. Or it could be the start of a major rebuilding project(again) for Childress.

Comment

Time to increase the thread size to over 1000.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
          Time to increase the thread size to over 1000.
          Is that to accommodate each flip flop?
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            I don't care if he comes to camp and neither should the Vikings. He's Brett Favre. Just tell us if you want to play or not.
            That's been tried. I'm sure you're like me, you'd just love to hear a decision. I doubt this offseason will be any different than the last several, over the next 4-6 months every time we haven't heard about him for a few days he'll leak just enough thru friends and family to keep himself in the news. It's just so tired. I just feel bad for Rachel Nichols having to camp out in Hattiesburg until next August. I'm sure she was rooting for the Vikings simply so she had another 2 weeks before being stuck camping on his front lawn or some high school practice field.
            Still No Championships - R.I.P. 3/23/2008

"It's a great day to be great!" Greg Jennings 2/6/11

"I don't step on toes, LittleJohn, I step on necks!" - C. Norris

I've got the fever and the only prescription is more cowbell.

2008 D3 Poster of the Year
            2007 D3 Tournament of Posters Champion
            2005-2006 D3 Rookie Poster of the Year
            Boycotting that steaming pantload Relevant Radio since 10/25/06!

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Is that to accommodate each flip flop?
              Ohh...never mind. Saw that this thread is just for 2010.
              Go Gophers!

Comment

I think Favre will be back. His press conference after the game led me to believe he is not ready to go yet. I hope it's without all the drama, but really how do retire after a season like that? He can still play, and if he comes back he could very well have another shot a deep playoff run. It's just a gut feeling, but that would be my guess.

I'm pretty sure he can skip camp if he wants to. No player, coach, fan, referee, or beer vendor is going to care. There are things Favre needs to do, and throwing to passes to kids who are going to be bagging groceries in two weeks isn't one of them.
                Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                NFL Min
                MLB NYM, Min
                NHL Min, Dal
                NCAAB Min, Baylor
                NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                  I'm pretty sure he can skip camp if he wants to. No player, coach, fan, referee, or beer vendor is going to care. There are things Favre needs to do, and throwing to passes to kids who are going to be bagging groceries in two weeks isn't one of them.
                  I'm sure Wally the Beerman cares.
                  Originally posted by SCSU Euro
                  What are you TALKING about? Best fans, best travelling, best insults nobody else understands, best talking in nerdy code. MTU rocks at like everything but winning hockey games.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                    No, Wally does not care if BrettFavre is in training camp.
                    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                    Originally posted by Quizmire
                    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashy Man View Post
                      Wally is pretty easy going.

Seriously though, guys retire in sports when the just can't do it anymore or just don't want to do it anymore. Favre has proven even at 40 he is one of top five quarterbacks in the NFL. He likes playing and apparently has bonded with his team. I think he takes one more shot at it, and there will no drama this year. The only reason he retired in NY was to get here. He'll say he's coming back in a week or two and that will be that. The fans in this town will strangle Childress if he makes a big deal of the camp thing and that is what makes him retire.

I don't know alot, but I know Brett Favre is the reason the Vikings were in this game. With Jackson or Roesnfels they were 9-7 or 10-6 at best.

Just one mans opinion. Your mileage may vary.
                      Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                      NFL Min
                      MLB NYM, Min
                      NHL Min, Dal
                      NCAAB Min, Baylor
                      NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                      Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

I think he will come back. The Vikings or some other team that is desperate for a QB will throw enough money at him to make him come back.
                        A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                        Originally posted by MadCityRich
                        He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                        Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                        "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky36 View Post
                          I think he will come back. The Vikings or some other team that is desperate for a QB will throw enough money at him to make him come back.
                          If he isn't with the Vikings, he's retired for a year. Guaranteed. If I understant contracts correctly, the Vikings have the option for next year, and can prevent him from going to another team (at least unless they get comped). That being said, this is John Elway all over again. If he won the SB this year? He retires. He came close, so he'll give it one more year.

And he won't be in training camp. At the worst, he'll have some sort of minor injury (wink wink) that prevents him from practicing/playing in training camp and most of preseason.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            And he won't be in training camp. At the worst, he'll have some sort of minor injury (wink wink) that prevents him from practicing/playing in training camp and most of preseason.
                            Nah, they'll have in camp, but doing very simple things. He might toss some balls to his receivers, working on timing and such, but without a rush. He'll be exempt from some of the other drills that most players dislike. Of course, only if he comes back.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              If he isn't with the Vikings, he's retired for a year. Guaranteed. If I understant contracts correctly, the Vikings have the option for next year, and can prevent him from going to another team (at least unless they get comped). That being said, this is John Elway all over again. If he won the SB this year? He retires. He came close, so he'll give it one more year.

Thats kind of what Im thinking. Favre wanted to retire on top and IMO if the Vikings had won the SB this year, he would have retired for good.
                              I think that a large part of him going to Minny was because he wanted to stick it to the Packers and get some revenge, but I also think that winning another SB and retiring on top was important to him. Lets face it, the Vikings were a great team this year and all they were really missing was a QB would could run the offense. Favre was that for the most part, he just made a classic Favre late-game mistake that cost them the win.
                              IMO, if he gets a chance with another team that has a good chance of winning a SB, he will come back.
                              Last edited by GoBucky36; 01-24-2010, 11:42 PM.
                              A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                              Originally posted by MadCityRich
                              He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                              Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                              "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

All I will say is until he says he is coming back I will just assume he is retired and leave it at that. I am not going to get caught up in the Favre Watch but I will sure enjoy watching everyone else go nuts everytime he sneezes
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X